Sponsored

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
No rubbing yet, and there's quite a bit of clearance on the lowest so I expect it to be fine. But, I got them installed not long ago, so I'll report back once I have put them to the test - including any sort of range impact. Will know more s00n.
Any initial updates on range / how you’re liking the 285/65R20 Outpost AT?
Sponsored

oybed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, LG, LE, BM, 20" AT
Any initial updates on range / how you’re liking the 285/65R20 Outpost AT?
Yeah, life got a bit in the way and I haven't been able to do as much with them yet as I wanted to. But, the overall feedback so far is that the tires are great - great ride and very stable - overall a smoother and better experience than the OEM AT Pirellis IMHO.

I sense that the Nokians are tracking the unevenness in the road a lot less than the OEMs. But, to be fair, this could also be somewhat related to the steering adjustments update Rivian made in the latest OTA update.

As for range - need more time for this as I have mostly done mountain driving in colder weather over the last few weeks. My previous average number on the OEMs were mixed flat/mountain in mostly warmer temps. So far the Nokians has an average about 1.75 mi/kWh, while the OEM AT Pirellis were 2.04 mi/kWh ... As I get more miles on them I'd expect this average to even out more with time, but probably will stay below 2 - I'm hoping for 1.9x something...

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

We've been testing 35" tires, will get a full report on mods and specs typed up soon and share!

Rivian R1T R1S Tested 35" tires on the R1T - for offroading / overlanding Screenshot 2023-07-15 at 7.43.39 AM

Sponsored

jimmyb2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Express AWD, Lexus RX450h, Rivian R1S

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Has anyone tried anything in 35x11.5R20?

The Falken Wildpeak AT3W in this size looks great. A hair smaller than the 285/65r20, which we know fits, and a couple pounds less. Load Range D.

twvette

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Has anyone tried anything in 35x11.5R20?

The Falken Wildpeak AT3W in this size looks great. A hair smaller than the 285/65r20, which we know fits, and a couple pounds less. Load Range D.
I have a post with Thurens running 35x11.5 Falken Wildpeak R/T's. The Thuren's give you maximum ability to stuff the biggest tires possible as the 8.0in width helps a lot as well as a little more positive offset. Zero rub so far but only tested minimally in lowest (not sure why anyone would run this combo in lowest.

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/S, Bronco Raptor, Wrangler4xe, Ioniq5, Winbago
Occupation
insurance agent
Why bother is the question that nobody asks … the pirellis seem fine to me.

if you really want to get crazy, figure out how to fit 40s in there, grind away, and take it on Rubicon or Metal Masher or something with the modified rigs and get yourself a million views on YouTube.

If you’re aspiring to “off road” in Utah or somewhere dry do it in highway tires and you’re less likely to damage your vehicle by overestimating your abilities.😬

Sponsored

Baymax

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Genesis
Occupation
Business Owner
Clubs

Why bother is the question that nobody asks … the pirellis seem fine to me.

if you really want to get crazy, figure out how to fit 40s in there, grind away, and take it on Rubicon or Metal Masher or something with the modified rigs and get yourself a million views on YouTube.

If you’re aspiring to “off road” in Utah or somewhere dry do it in highway tires and you’re less likely to damage your vehicle by overestimating your abilities.😬
"Occupation: Insurance Agent" ...got it. ;-)

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Range update - the 285/65R20 Nokian Outpost AT seems to be doing the same as the OEMs. My average mi/kWh has actually improved a tad bit since replacing the Pirellis.

the Nokians are great offroad
IMG_2146.jpeg
Im installing my set in a couple weeks! These seem to be very hard to find now- mine are made in Finland, assuming yours are too?

Discount tire told me that their Nokian Rep said the Outpost NAT won’t be in production for this size until next year, not sure if true.

Baymax

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey, Hyundai Genesis
Occupation
Business Owner
Clubs