Sponsored

Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review.

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Unofficial A2Z adapter YouTube review.

I just ordered one using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Edit: Here is my review on the A2Z adapter I borrowed for a couple hours to test plug and charge feature.

MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review. 1711036370898-5j

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review. 1710808520239-7g-

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review. 1710808662233-vy-

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review. 1710808619839-yp-

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review. 1710808549834-wu-

Edit: @A2ZEV has joined the forums and here is couple important quotes from them.

Here we are!

Just wanted to drop in and say we’re here for you all, ready to chat and help out on the forum whenever you need.

Let's clarify something:
We have stock, we receive inventory almost everyday and we ship hundreds of orders daily since the 5th of January. Over a thousand Ford owners are already using our adapters on Tesla Superchargers since the 29th of February.

Now, about the wait time for this adapter—it's taking 2-3 weeks to ship because we've got a ton of orders to handle, we’re super strict about checking each adapter (yep, every single one gets inspected and tested in China and Canada), and our shipping team isn’t huge. But don’t worry, we’re on it! We’re thinking about bringing more folks on board to speed things up. Just hang tight, we’re getting there and improving how fast we can get these adapters out to you.

As a side note, we are the only company currently shipping NACS to CCS1 adapters, the only one...

- A2Z EV
We are working with multiple OEMs to be exempted from 3rd party TOUs. We can't say which OEM as it's under NDA but many of them.
We had initial contacts with OEMs since July 2023 and they were the ones to reach out to us.
Most OEMs have all of our prototypes and final versions in hand.
They have tested them and teared them down.
We had feedbacks/recommendations from them around September and improved accordingly. As of now, we are still in contact with multiple OEMs along with at least two pending potential manufacturing contracts.

A lot of things are happening in the background, A LOT.

We would have NEVER launched this product if we were not sure of its safety and if OEMs were concerned about it. Even if UL2252 is not yet released, we have read and studied multiple times the outline, abided by its content and made in-house testing, such as temperature rise where the adapter was for instance exposed to 700A continuously.

We hope to be able to share some good news in the very near future.

We can agree that there are very low quality and dangerous charging adapters without a single temperature sensor switch on the market, it is not the case of our adapters.

We have recall programs, very strict quality controls, everything is documented, absolutely everything.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

richpike

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover D5, Jeep JL, R1S
Did the same. At $167 with the discount code (rivian), it was worth the cost to me. Like someone on another thread said: if you need it, and you don't have it, the $167 will seem like a steal.

-Rich

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Last edited:

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Ive got an A2Z one, and if you need it quickly, then that’s your best bet. But it has a slight usability flaw that Lectron doesn’t have. When you plug in the Tesla plug, you have to manually slide a slider underneath the adapter to a locked position (and make sure it isn’t locked before you plug in the Tesla connector).

The Lectron has a spring latch for the same function, which is better.

But I suspect the Lectron is more back ordered than A2Z.

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Yeah - for $167 as a backup, I'm in. I just ordered one as well.

richpike

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ive got an A2Z one, and if you need it quickly, then that’s your best bet. But it has a slight usability flaw that Lectron doesn’t have. When you plug in the Tesla plug, you have to manually slide a slider underneath the adapter to a locked position (and make sure it isn’t locked before you plug in the Tesla connector).

The Lectron has a spring latch for the same function, which is better.

But I suspect the Lectron is more back ordered than A2Z.
Yeah - I saw that in State of Charge's video. But that feels minor to me in the grand scheme of things and I really appreciate how open, accessible and transparent the A2Z CEO has been. He's been interviewed by a number of content creators and that helped instill confidence for me (not that Lectron makes a bad product - I have other adapters from them).

-Rich

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I also ordered the Lectron one since both have a return policy. A2Z will charge restocking if you change your mind and you pay return shipping to Quebec.

Lectron has full refund but you probably cover return shipping.

I’m checking to see if the lock on the adapter will auto engage for both brands or not. I see the A2Z you have to engage and disengage manually the lock the NACS plug into the CCS adapter . See this review for more details

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

Last edited:

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
Yeah - I saw that in State of Charge's video. But that feels minor to me in the grand scheme of things and I really appreciate how open, accessible and transparent the A2Z CEO has been. He's been interviewed by a number of content creators and that helped instill confidence for me (not that Lectron makes a bad product - I have other adapters from them).

-Rich
Every time I hear his interviews, I feel *less* confident in his product. He regularly gets little things wrong or state them in a very confusing way. That said, it seems like he's trying to get a decent product out and the engineer he brought with him on Toms last interview did instill some confidence for me.

richpike

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Every time I hear his interviews, I feel *less* confident in his product. He regularly gets little things wrong or state them in a very confusing way. That said, it seems like he's trying to get a decent product out and the engineer he brought with him on Toms last interview did instill some confidence for me.
Ahh - interesting. I only saw Tom's last interview with him and the engineer, but I saw that he had joined multiple others (including the Out of Spec Podcast). The comments from all those people about them joining seemed to add to their confidence. I'll have to watch a few of the others.

-Rich

Sponsored

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

For folks who have ordered these, what are the estimated shipping times?

Indy avocado

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '17 Macan S, '11 Mustang GT
When I ordered on Friday, it suggested 10-14 days.

The CEO was on a X spaced chat Friday night and he indicated they are something like 5-10 days out plus shipping? But it was also acknowleged that with the hype from this weekend w/ Rivian getting access that will creep up and might be more like 2-3 weeks (if I remember correctly).

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
They say ship in 10 to 15 business days. I ordered mine, got a shipping notice after 11 business days and should be at the house on Friday. That would be 3 weeks from order to delivery.

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Huh weird, the A2Z discount code dropped from $30 discount to a $20 discount, looks like they realized lots of orders are coming in lol

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Huh weird, the A2Z discount code dropped from $30 discount to a $20 discount, looks like they realized lots of orders are coming in lol

Edit: I just tried discount code "RIV" and its back to the way it was when I ordered it with $29.55 discount.

You're right that both coupons have now updated to $20 off instead of $30 off. I will post up my review when I receive both adapters.

I will probably end up selling one at a discount on the forums after my official one comes through.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review. 1711036430053-h9
Sponsored

Last edited: