Sponsored

Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review.

dilsherd

First Name
Dilsher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Ive got an A2Z one, and if you need it quickly, then that’s your best bet. But it has a slight usability flaw that Lectron doesn’t have. When you plug in the Tesla plug, you have to manually slide a slider underneath the adapter to a locked position (and make sure it isn’t locked before you plug in the Tesla connector).

The Lectron has a spring latch for the same function, which is better.

But I suspect the Lectron is more back ordered than A2Z.
Just out of curiosity -- how long did it take for for you to get it? I ordered mine on March 12th and would love to have it for a trip planned April 4th.

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Just out of curiosity -- how long did it take for for you to get it? I ordered mine on March 12th and would love to have it for a trip planned April 4th.
You will probably get yours in time. It really is only in the last couple of days that demand has pushed fulfillment / delivery out 4+ weeks.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It is possible but not likely you will have it. I ordered mine on 2/29, got first shipping notice on 3/14 from A2Z, initial delivery estimate from UPS was 3/21, updated to 3/22, last update was 3/25.

I assume weather delays but is coming from Canada and did go through customs.

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
what is Lectron estimate shipping date if you order now?

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
Just ordered - both the site and confirmation email state "Orders take around 15 to 20 business days to ship as we have an important volume of orders". So prolly at least a month now.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

@A2ZEV has joined the forums and here is couple important quotes from them.

I called them a couple times to get assurance on their product, policies and customer service. I spoke to Charlie on the phone who was extremely nice and helpful.

I ordered one using discount code "RIV" and will use it until the official one shows up.

A2Z EV Link - NACS (Tesla® Supercharger & NACS 3RD PARTY DC CHARGERS) to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review. 1711036370898-5j-png-

Here we are!

Just wanted to drop in and say we’re here for you all, ready to chat and help out on the forum whenever you need.

Let's clarify something:
We have stock, we receive inventory almost everyday and we ship hundreds of orders daily since the 5th of January. Over a thousand Ford owners are already using our adapters on Tesla Superchargers since the 29th of February.

Now, about the wait time for this adapter—it's taking 2-3 weeks to ship because we've got a ton of orders to handle, we’re super strict about checking each adapter (yep, every single one gets inspected and tested in China and Canada), and our shipping team isn’t huge. But don’t worry, we’re on it! We’re thinking about bringing more folks on board to speed things up. Just hang tight, we’re getting there and improving how fast we can get these adapters out to you.

As a side note, we are the only company currently shipping NACS to CCS1 adapters, the only one...

- A2Z EV
We are working with multiple OEMs to be exempted from 3rd party TOUs. We can't say which OEM as it's under NDA but many of them.
We had initial contacts with OEMs since July 2023 and they were the ones to reach out to us.
Most OEMs have all of our prototypes and final versions in hand.
They have tested them and teared them down.
We had feedbacks/recommendations from them around September and improved accordingly. As of now, we are still in contact with multiple OEMs along with at least two pending potential manufacturing contracts.

A lot of things are happening in the background, A LOT.

We would have NEVER launched this product if we were not sure of its safety and if OEMs were concerned about it. Even if UL2252 is not yet released, we have read and studied multiple times the outline, abided by its content and made in-house testing, such as temperature rise where the adapter was for instance exposed to 700A continuously.

We hope to be able to share some good news in the very near future.

We can agree that there are very low quality and dangerous charging adapters without a single temperature sensor switch on the market, it is not the case of our adapters.

We have recall programs, very strict quality controls, everything is documented, absolutely everything.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: KRG

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Curious to see more info on the Lectron adapter. The A2Z method of latching to the Supercharger is a bit iffy to me. I wonder if the Lectron adapter will prevent unplugging the Supercharger cable from the adapter until it is unplugged from the vehicle, like I have read the official adapters do. That would be a determining factor for me.

Need State of Charge to release his reviews/comparisons of all three current adapters.

I think I will be waiting for the official adapter, but if it looks like it won't be here by summer travel, I may have to go with a 3rd party.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Curious to see more info on the Lectron adapter. The A2Z method of latching to the Supercharger is a bit iffy to me. I wonder if the Lectron adapter will prevent unplugging the Supercharger cable from the adapter until it is unplugged from the vehicle, like I have read the official adapters do. That would be a determining factor for me.

Need State of Charge to release his reviews/comparisons of all three current adapters.

I think I will be waiting for the official adapter, but if it looks like it won't be here by summer travel, I may have to go with a 3rd party.

Here is a thread tracking the Lectron charger. Right now we have the review up from State of Charge with Lectron executive. I will update it later once SOC has complete their review on it.

Lectron Tesla Supercharger (NACS) to CCS Adapter | Vortex Plug | 500A | 1000V

Unofficial Lectron DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v YouTube interview with Lectron’s CEO by State of Charge.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

webfootdawg

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Q5, A4
Clubs

Anybody getting theirs recently? I ordered on 18 March. Still pending. I'm sure I hit their big order surge.

diabolik

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Jeep JKU
Occupation
Contractor
I am in same boat! I ordered the night of the 16th (Sat) after a few videos surfaced of people using superchargers. I am sure I fall into the 18th orders too.

According to the @A2ZEV latest update all orders up to the 20th should be sent this coming week!

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Looks like the NACS extension cord once released will run $303 before applying the 15% off "RIV" code.

How do folks feel about paying $257 for an extension cord to make it easier to charge at stations once more folks start using it with their non-Tesla? I doubt Tesla or Rivian will send you free extension cords.

DC - Tesla (NACS) Supercharger Extension Cord | 6-9 FT (2-3 meters)

At least for now we can use the discount code on both 48 amp NACS extension and adapter. Hopefully we can do the same once they release the DC Tesla NACS extension cord. Do not buy the 48 amp cable below and try to use it at the Tesla DC fast charger. This example shopping cart is just a test to see if we can use the code on both items.

Rivian R1T R1S Unofficial A2Z DCFC NACS to CCS 500A / 1000v adapter YouTube review. 1712243682395-0a

Joseph D

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
GIS Analyst
Clubs

Order date 3/16, just got my shipping notification for anyone wanting to compare their order date.
Sponsored