Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
According to the guys onsite this is the same exact R2 from the reveal last week. They did not allow anyone to touch it or sit in it and wanted to make sure if you had backpacks and what not to make sure you didn't get close enough to scratch it.

They did not have a name for the new color of either the exterior or interior. It's there until 6pm today and tomorrow.

Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_0654.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_0658.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_0659.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_0662.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_0667.JPEG

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OverEasyGoing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Wrangler, '23 R1S, '79 Scout, R2 Reserved
Interesting on the color, it's not Glacier White? Now that you mention it, some angles it does look like it has a bit of Limestone in it.

Reactions: Rad

Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Platinum
Here's video of when they drove it in.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Interesting on the color, it's not Glacier White? Now that you mention it, some angles it does look like it has a bit of Limestone in it.
Mixing paint they already have to save money?

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Interesting that all the side windows are tinted.
Better for press photos - if you pay attention, nearly all "photo shoot" cars have fully darkened windows.

Sponsored

Cdub512

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Evoque 2014
Occupation
Nuclear Medicine Technologist
Went to see the R2 in person between lunch breaks yesterday. They knocked it out the ballpark with the size and look of R2. I still wish they could have put a 3rd row in as the back space is massive. Also, first post and long time lurker!

Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_7472

Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_7473

Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_7479

Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_7471

Rivian R1T R1S [Updated w/ pics] R2 available for viewing in Austin TX @ Yeti Coolers -- today and tomorrow (3/15) IMG_7474

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

I hadn't noticed how they are doing the gas shocks before, that's... interesting.
It's a better more standard simple opening mechanism easy for an owner to fix. I've replaced 1/2 dozen sets when they get weak on all of my honda/lexus vehicles between 80-120K miles. Amazon has them (branded or not) and a 5 minute install on $30-$50 in parts.

The unique opening mechanisms on R1 are costly and complicated.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It's a better more standard simple opening mechanism easy for an owner to fix. I've replaced 1/2 dozen sets when they get weak on all of my honda/lexus vehicles between 80-120K miles. Amazon has them (branded or not) and a 5 minute install on $30-$50 in parts.

The unique opening mechanisms on R1 are costly and complicated.
The bottom part doesn't look simple, it looks like it's disappearing into the bodywork. Hard to tell if there's enough room to access the release tab from above.

chester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subarus
Went to see the R2 in person between lunch breaks yesterday. They knocked it out the ballpark with the size and look of R2. I still wish they could have put a 3rd row in as the back space is massive. Also, first post and long time lurker!

IMG_7472.jpeg

IMG_7473.jpeg

IMG_7479.jpeg

IMG_7471.jpeg

IMG_7474.jpeg
I'm interested in your thoughts on the cargo space. You said massive, any guesstimates as to the dimensions? I feel like it's probably really similar to the current 4Runner and I'm hoping so.

Dr Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Business Owner
I stopped down for a while in the afternoon. Great looking: styling-wise, it's got a better looking "hip-line" that runs along the side. I'm hoping for a 5,000lb towing capacity, and while I couldn't get anybody to confirm, one of the long-time Rivian people there confirmed they are committed to be "market-leading" in towing capacity, and that I shouldn't worry about it's ability to tow my 5,000lb ski boat/trailer. I hope he's right. I love my R1S, but it is too big for us, other than the need to tow.
Sponsored