Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

Jake Stone

First Name
Shelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

totally agree that parking and pulling into a tight garage would be so much more easy with a creep or idle speed
Sponsored

RVXIAN

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
It would be great to have more use cases and info from the instrument cluster screen. It would be cool to see traction and torque from each wheel/motor and how much power is being delivered to each wheel. Rivian showed this in a video awhile ago.
Rivian R1T R1S What do you want addressed in the next OTA update? IMG_0711

It would be great to be able go adjust the drive modes from the steering wheel. I’m sure it would be harder but to get weather alerts/ radar on the map for approaching storms would be really cool !

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Adjustable Proximity sensitivity for phone key.

More Suspension adjustment settings.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Just saw a glimpse of the next updates.... Items that stood out.

- Front camera activation when pulling into a parking spot. Vehicle detects when you might be parking and will automatically activate the front camera.... ie, like Mercedes.
- Rear camera manually activated for towing or being able to view the bed of your R1T while driving.
- Driver + improvements... no clue what, but improvements.
- New mode "Vehicle" screen, that has everything, including angle of vehicle for offroading, power output per wheel (might be wrong on this one).

Also learned about differences in Stability control functions between the quad and dual. Quad motor R1's currently use all four motors independently modulating to control stability of the vehicle. Dual motor R1's cannnot do this (obviously), and rely on the ABS system application of brakes and steering system like most current ICE and EV vehicles do. Same systems, but just different ways of skinning a cat.
These would be some great additions and finally make it feel like Rivian is making progress on getting this vehicle to be what most of us want. the parking cam thing is huge, my wife's Volvo does this and it's one of the best features of the whole car imo.

But please give us a better Tidal app. Once searching for albums, artists, or songs, let us add the items we find to our library, please. Better browsing when selecting an Artist in my library, it would be nice to just have it just automatically play everything by that artist.

Apple music? hello? Bueller?

I know tons of folks want video streaming (I personally would never use it), so please something...

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
A way to change the HVAC fan speed from the dock without having to go into the full HVAC app!

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

I wish we could see Gear Guard incidents on the app. I'm sure that has been brought up before.

Remembering my audio source. I listen to my phone's downloaded music via bluetooth, if I leave the Rivian and come back, 75% of the time I have to manually start it on my phone again.

Dedicated a/c on/off switch.. I don't need the air conditioning blowing cold air when its 50 degrees out and my temp is set to 70.

DailyR1

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure - Limestone
Occupation
Sales
Clubs

Just saw a glimpse of the next updates.... Items that stood out.

- Front camera activation when pulling into a parking spot. Vehicle detects when you might be parking and will automatically activate the front camera.... ie, like Mercedes.
- Rear camera manually activated for towing or being able to view the bed of your R1T while driving.
- Driver + improvements... no clue what, but improvements.
- New mode "Vehicle" screen, that has everything, including angle of vehicle for offroading, power output per wheel (might be wrong on this one).

Also learned about differences in Stability control functions between the quad and dual. Quad motor R1's currently use all four motors independently modulating to control stability of the vehicle. Dual motor R1's cannnot do this (obviously), and rely on the ABS system application of brakes and steering system like most current ICE and EV vehicles do. Same systems, but just different ways of skinning a cat.
how did you see these?

Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
how did you see these?
Employees that are part of the Rivian beta program in their personally owned vehicles are already testing the next update. Neighbor works there. I'm not pushy, I get a glimpse once in a while when we talk about our R1s. Sometimes we discuss the yays or nays from an engineers viewpoint if things are a hit or miss with the previous updates.

Nano

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1S, 18 MDX, 71 240Z
Occupation
Business owner
- a dark mode where the main screen can go black other than the icons at the bottom at night.

- why can’t we set conserve to engage automatically. If they can do it in the dual motor why not the quad

- use the steering wheel scroll to adjust the sensitivity of the auto wipers. Many cars have this.

- active noise cancellation with stereo

- what about a luxury mode to make the suspension more floaty for highway road trips

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Be realistic….

For me:

My biggest gripe is the Alexa integration, more specifically Amazon music. It’s very buggy.

My air vents behave a bit strange, it appears they do not remain the same position I leave them in when I return to the car-despite the settings on the screen remaining the same.

I also wouldn’t mind a discrete prompt when opening the drivers door to leave the vehicle “running, while locked the keep it cool, inside. Without having to do so from the phone app.

The windows work fine, but the auto-down, auto up isn’t terribly intuitive imho. Wouldn’t mind them being a bit quicker too.
- PIN to drive (needed security feature)
-valet mode
-auto tilt side mirrors on reverse
-switch to google maps or Waze
-app integration (Netflix, prime etc)

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
Stop auto-leveling if I’m in park. My driveway is angled from two sides for water drainage and every time I pull out of the garage and throw into park, waiting on family, R1S wants to keep leveling and never actually gets it. It just goes up and down on the passenger side front and driver side back. This causes the compressor to keep running. It’s really annoying.
Access to more data would be great. My old 2013 ford fusion would give me current drive data from the time the car was turned on to when you shut it off. Here I have to reset trip if I want this info.

More precise data on charging, it shows details when it’s charging but then shuts shows a rounded summary in charge history.

APPS!!!