Sponsored

Windshield Replacement $4500, 2 Days, Closest Certified Repair Location 90 mins Away

simpsonhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Model S Plaid
is it possible to keep track of and/or get notifications of usage while the vehicle is in their care? Reputation of mechanics in Florida especially, is not good.... I really am honestly worried that it'll be used to joyride so I want to keep track of trip maps in addition to mileage and energy which I know can be done manually. Is it possible to see driving trips and/or get notifications of mileage over a certain amount or anything like that?
In addition to ElectraFi, throw an AirTag (or similar device) in the vehicle—it's cheap and will always give you location even if they disconnect the 12V battery for some reason.
Sponsored

bigsky

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S
Occupation
RNS
AS others have pointed out, paying that much for a windshield is a scam. Take it to the SC for peace of mind. And much lower cost.
The app will provide odometer mileage all the time. Like the Tesla app, i believe that the Rivian app will provide you with the vehicle last known location or real-time location if the vehicle is in motion and/or the location where the vehicle last stopped (was parked). You will know through the app if the vehicle moved (the wheels moved, that is).

Working with my insurance company to get reimbursed was 100% hassle-free, almost no questions asked. Submitted SC bill, winshield film replacement bill, got fully reimbursed in 24 hours (direct deposit). Reach out to your ins. company and learn the details.
Good luck. I am sorry about your windshield!

Noah Arc

First Name
Noam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Contractor
Okay so I got hit with a teeny tiny little pebble 2 months ago. Repair didn't work with the heat here in Florida and after spending two months trying to find somewhere who will actually replace it, the crack goes from the passenger edge over to the midpoint and then up to the edge near rear view mirror. It's almost a perfect right angle. Finally found a certified repair facility after getting a hold of Rivian and calling down the LONG, INACCURATE list they provided. Estimate showing $4500 to replace the glass and recalibrate which is absolutely insane IMO. The service center wouldn't work with insurance and Florida requires full glass coverage with no deductible attributing to our super high premiums, so it would've been awful to prepay the service center then fight to get that money back from the insurance company. The only facility I found that'll work with the insurance directly and is certified to do the windshield AND recalibration, wants the Rivian at the shop for a minimum of 2 days for the repair, which requires a rental due to the distance driving cost up even more. This has been a pretty inconvenient and awful experience!

Anyway, I haven't owned my Rivian for very long and have only used the App for really basic lock/unlock functions. I'm now wondering though, is it possible to keep track of and/or get notifications of usage while the vehicle is in their care? Reputation of mechanics in Florida especially, is not good.... I really am honestly worried that it'll be used to joyride so I want to keep track of trip maps in addition to mileage and energy which I know can be done manually. Is it possible to see driving trips and/or get notifications of mileage over a certain amount or anything like that?

Join the club of owners who are pissed off about their frequent windshield replacement at
Front windshield low quality (cracks easily)

Sponsored

YouKnowWhatsUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 R1T Limestone
Clubs

Okay so I got hit with a teeny tiny little pebble 2 months ago. Repair didn't work with the heat here in Florida and after spending two months trying to find somewhere who will actually replace it, the crack goes from the passenger edge over to the midpoint and then up to the edge near rear view mirror. It's almost a perfect right angle. Finally found a certified repair facility after getting a hold of Rivian and calling down the LONG, INACCURATE list they provided. Estimate showing $4500 to replace the glass and recalibrate which is absolutely insane IMO. The service center wouldn't work with insurance and Florida requires full glass coverage with no deductible attributing to our super high premiums, so it would've been awful to prepay the service center then fight to get that money back from the insurance company. The only facility I found that'll work with the insurance directly and is certified to do the windshield AND recalibration, wants the Rivian at the shop for a minimum of 2 days for the repair, which requires a rental due to the distance driving cost up even more. This has been a pretty inconvenient and awful experience!

Anyway, I haven't owned my Rivian for very long and have only used the App for really basic lock/unlock functions. I'm now wondering though, is it possible to keep track of and/or get notifications of usage while the vehicle is in their care? Reputation of mechanics in Florida especially, is not good.... I really am honestly worried that it'll be used to joyride so I want to keep track of trip maps in addition to mileage and energy which I know can be done manually. Is it possible to see driving trips and/or get notifications of mileage over a certain amount or anything like that?
You should hide an apple AirTag in your vehicle somewhere.

jambaman84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I have Geico for my insurance. When I had my Tesla I had a nasty crack that needed to be fixed. The Tesla service center wouldn't accept outside insurance, only Tesla insurance. I spoke to Geico about it and they recommended me going to safelight, but at that time safelight wasn't able to calibrate the cameras or anything. Eventually after fighting for days, Geico finally said they will reimburse me the amount that Tesla would bill me.
Honestly it worked out better this way, because I was able to use my credit card and earn points and Geico wrote me a check within a week of me submitting the bill to them.
I am fairly positive Rivian and your insurance company will work the same way.

MJGreen

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Small business owner
Hopefully someone here will make a copy of their estimate and send you a copy so you can use it to bring the price down. $4500 is insane and borderline robbery.
Here's receipt from recent replacement in Chelsea, MA service center. Had to pay and then submit for reimbursement - that was agreed to in advance of getting it replaced.
Rivian R1T R1S Windshield Replacement $4500, 2 Days, Closest Certified Repair Location 90 mins Away 1714494862985-zs

OP
OP

sdasilva27

First Name
Sherrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Compass Yellow
Occupation
Engineer
So this saga continues...
I called the insurance on 5/2 because I was never notified that the shop got the parts in, and requested that they update their pre-auth to reimburse me for going to Rivian directly. I was put on hold and asked numerous times if the work was already done to which I kept saying nope, windshield is still cracked. Apparently the shop submitted the claim for the $4500 the day before saying all work was completed by 5/1. Insurance put a stop payment and gave me written approval to pay Rivian and they'd reimburse me directly. Called Orlando Rivian SC and added the windshield to the appointment I had for 5/3. Chris told me to bring it in a little earlier so everything could be done that day so I could spend the day in Orlando before driving home to avoid the 2.5 hour roundtrip drive again. I get there at the exact time Chris told me to on 5/3 and Victor told me their glass people don't come on site on Fridays and it would be done Monday. Super frustrating after verifying the evening before. But I took the loaner and went home. Monday came and went, vehicle wasn't done. Tuesday finally, I got the text that it was done for pickup between 2 and 4. Took more time off work to go get it. Had been watching the odometer while it was there and nothing was moving, cool. Get in the car and see a yellow bar showing the vehicle was put in service mode to disable app connectivity, cameras and GPS. Checked the odometer. 12 miles put on vehicle yet was told that it never left the parking lot, yeah right. Windshield was replaced but vehicle was left FILTHY. To make matters worse, the warranty items that were supposed to be addressed: intermittent failure for one door handle to open (2nd visit for this) and missing fender clip were addressed in such a disgusting manner that my vehicle is in WORSE condition than it arrived in. The handle is now noticeably sunken in and the black shiny window trim is bent in two places, no clean line anymore. The fender clip that was supposed to be added? I was told it was and the bolts needed to be retightened to factory specs. Pushed on the one spot the advisor was shown with one finger and it popped just like before being dropped off. Additionally, fender is now SOOOO misaligned that the front door and hood scrape removing paint whenever opened now. The fender plastic trim is broken, painted body bolts are exposed. Pics uploaded to Rivian app. Waiting to see what their response is other than drop it back off for a week for repairs. I am so frustrated at this entire experience! I truly cannot believe that nothing was put down to protect the leather interior during work, even Ford does that. And then the "quality" of the work that was done is baffling! Absolutely no quality check done by the mechanics or service advisor, and I was told that I had the senior service advisor and there are only two in Orlando that interface with customers face to face.
Sponsored