Sponsored

WTB NACS adapter; Lektron or A2Z?

GA_Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I'm way down the list for my rivian NACS adapter, so looking to pick up a second-hand one from someone who bought one and received the rivian one. I'm wondering which is better, or is it a toss-up? I thought there was a thread on this but didn't find it.
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
Most folks here prefer the A2Z. I've got one and love it. Never had an issue using it.

Lectron adaptors have had recalls for not properly securing the NACS plug which allows them to release while current is flowing (bad; dangerous). The revised Lectron units have also had the opposite issue; getting stuck on the NACS plug and being impossible to remove (bad; don't litter, even when Tesla owners are the victim).

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
If you feel better about a proprietor who is responsive to inquiriesā€¦ A2Z, period. Use the search function and read up on quirks and legal ramifications before you dive head first. You wonā€™t save much buying used.

ChuckL

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Lectron is not the way to go.
i ordered from them June 13 for immediate delivery. Itā€™s been in pre shipment status since. Emails claimed it would arrive before my trip. It never did. Itā€™s 4:27 am and Iā€™m actually charging at a 60kw charger at some car dealership just down the road from a supercharger I canā€™t use.
just received another advertising email from lectron again claiming theyā€™re adapter ids ready for immediate shipping.

Havenā€™t tried A2Z but now way they could be worse.

Electrified Outdoors

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Quad, 2024 Rivian R1S Quad
Occupation
Real Estate
Clubs

I once recommended Lectron and I own the Lectron adapter but I can't recommend them any longer due to the issues with the latching mechanism getting stuck that so many in the Rivian community have had ...myself included (about 30% of the time it's very difficult to remove the supercharger plug).

On my website I have links and discount codes for both. I'm waiting on an @A2ZEV unit to test but I'm confident to recommend them based on all the positive feedback on their products from folks in the Rivian community.

https://www.electrifiedoutdoors.com/ev-charging

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Just order the A2Z Typhoon which is currently being used by the majority of Rivian / Ford customers direct from the manufacturer.

I just used mine yesterday and got to visit a nice Travel station instead of a dirty Walmart.

You can save $$$ and get free shipping by using the forum discount code ā€œRIVā€

Used adapters go for between $140-$160 shipped and new is between $175-$200.

With the discount you can get a new one for $177 shipped. Iā€™d rather buy new with a discount direct from the manufacturer with 12 months of warranty.

Current shipping times are 2 weeks if you order an an A2Z adapter today. Still in time to have some road trips in July / August using the Tesla network.

Feel free to use the below links or discount code "RIV" to save on products sold on A2Z website.

A2Z EV Tesla Supercharger Adapter for Rivian - Save 10% + FREE shipping with discount code "RIV". 12 Months Warranty

Rivian R1T R1S WTB  NACS adapter; Lektron or A2Z? IMG_4249
Rivian R1T R1S WTB  NACS adapter; Lektron or A2Z? IMG_4213
Rivian R1T R1S WTB  NACS adapter; Lektron or A2Z? IMG_4244
Rivian R1T R1S WTB  NACS adapter; Lektron or A2Z? IMG_4242
Rivian R1T R1S WTB  NACS adapter; Lektron or A2Z? IMG_4235

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner
Love my A2Z. I now look for Tesla SCs as they tend to have many more open chargers and are near excellent rest options like Granzellas up in Williams, CA. Muffaletta sandwich was scrumptious

Rivian R1T R1S WTB  NACS adapter; Lektron or A2Z? 20240628_143039

Rivian R1T R1S WTB  NACS adapter; Lektron or A2Z? 20240628_140422

OP
OP

GA_Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Vantripping

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Power Developer
Clubs

I purchased both the Lectron and A2Z adapters, and used both at the local supercharger. I struggled for about 5 minutes to release the Lectron from the charger plug, but the A2Z released and inserted easily. Both charged just fine. While I prefer the push button release over the slide release from the supercharger plug, I could not risk abandoning the Lectron adapter to the plug. A friend with the Lectron one has the same issue. Because of these experiences, I recommend the A2Z.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Love my A2Z. I now look for Tesla SCs as they tend to have many more open chargers and are near excellent rest options like Granzellas up in Williams, CA. Muffaletta sandwich was scrumptious

20240628_143039.jpg
uggg... that bread is all wrong for a muffuletta. The olive dressing doesn't look right either, but it might be close enough.

Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Havenā€™t tried A2Z but now way they could be worse.
Difficult only on first insertion of the NACS plug. Plenty have been shared on how to overcome. After that initial break-in, no issues plunging/unplugging. And they are far more responsive in replying to questions. That alone puts them ahead.

Kenmecca

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Directlineanswers.com
Vehicles
R1S; Audi A5
Occupation
Business Owner
uggg... that bread is all wrong for a muffuletta. The olive dressing doesn't look right either, but it might be close enough.
Sure, not central grocery but still good for middle no where CA
Sponsored