Sponsored

Yellow & Red GEN2 JACK PUCKS! Thousands Ready to Ship!

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Yeah, I should have mentioned the free shipping to Hawaii was rather EPIC!

Mahalo! 🤙

Shipping to the island is very hit and miss. It's usually one of the following scenarios:

1) Reasonable fees with no extra charges
2) Free (usually on only via Prime)
3) Company won't ship to Hawaii
4) Shipping is obnoxiously expensive (I'm looking at you Wayfair)

Funny story - I ordered a hot tub last year. It was shockingly free shipping from the mainland (California) to my driveway and it even arrived early. I still don't understand how shipping that 800 lbs cube was free.

It then cost me about $600 + tipping 6 movers/3 two person crews who worked their asses off to get the hot tub from my driveway to the pad in the backyard.

Island life...
Island Life.....Pigeon Life....Mahalo Life....
Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

im a bit confused by this post. are you recommending the bottle jack or the floor jack? its a heavy vehicle and the bottle jack with such a narrow base seems like it'd be a bit unstable to me. can someone explain to me the pros and cons between a bottle jack and floor jack? other than the fact that the floor jack is bigger and heavier to carry around and is more stable (if it in fact is more stable) and cost difference?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

im a bit confused by this post. are you recommending the bottle jack or the floor jack? its a heavy vehicle and the bottle jack with such a narrow base seems like it'd be a bit unstable to me. can someone explain to me the pros and cons between a bottle jack and floor jack? other than the fact that the floor jack is bigger and heavier to carry around and is more stable (if it in fact is more stable) and cost difference?
Floor jack for home or shop use and the Bottle Jack for on-the-road use is the standard recommendation. I've changed tires in my garage and shop using both to show feasability, as well as flexibility.

You want a floor jack that has a minimum of 23" of lift (most don't), hence why I recommend the HF 24 1/2" lift floor jack as it will do everything any Rivian owner needs at home or in a shop.

Shipped hundreds last week alone, challenging my inventory levels! Thanks to everyone! Over 5,000 shipped thus far, simply amazing!

• HF 24 1/2" Lift Floor Jack 110lbs $289
  • Big Red 10T Bottle Jack 10lbs $39(fits under rear seat in R1T). Perfect for quick road side work.

Rivian R1T R1S Yellow & Red GEN2 JACK PUCKS! Thousands Ready to Ship! 20230523_202113

Rivian R1T R1S Yellow & Red GEN2 JACK PUCKS! Thousands Ready to Ship! 20230409_222105 (1)

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Floor jack for home or shop use and the Bottle Jack for on-the-road use is the standard recommendation. I've changed tires in my garage and shop using both to show feasability, as well as flexibility.

You want a floor jack that has a minimum of 23" of lift (most don't), hence why I recommend the HF 24 1/2" lift floor jack as it will do everything any Rivian owner needs at home or in a shop.

Shipped hundreds last week alone, challenging my inventory levels! Thanks to everyone! Over 5,000 shipped thus far, simply amazing!

20230523_202113.jpg
does bottle jack actually work "on the road". i would think its possible you wont be in flat/even surfaces and the floor jack would be better? i know its cumbersome but just wondering if bottle jacks can work when the road is uneven, its dirt or rocky.

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

does bottle jack actually work "on the road". i would think its possible you wont be in flat/even surfaces and the floor jack would be better? i know its cumbersome but just wondering if bottle jacks can work when the road is uneven, its dirt or rocky.
I've changed one on the side of the road and have communications from multiple customers who have done road-side tire replacements or plugs with this exact set-up. It's a fantastic road side solution. If you have an RV jack stand pad, it even works well on sand. There are quite a few people who carry off-road style floor jacks, which addresses concerns on stability. Not everyone wants to carry a floor jack with them, so I have these options available.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

20230410_022500.jpg

20230504_105748.jpg

Music to my ears (turn it up) as your MagJAXX puck locks onto the Rivian chassis
is!
Hi Mark,

When using that Big Red jack in this pic, did you have your Rivian in the highest suspension setting? I haven’t actually tried jacking it yet but it doesn’t seem to go high enough when the Rivian is raised all the way as prescribed in the owners manual.

Just a comparison next to a SafeJack with my R1T in the highest suspension setting..
Rivian R1T R1S Yellow & Red GEN2 JACK PUCKS! Thousands Ready to Ship! IMG_0218

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

That is a great photo! I use the OEM tire change procedure. The Rivian rear suspension has a little more droop than the front of the vehicle. I will use either a second puck (stacked) or an RV jack base (pictured in yellow) for both soft road surfaces (dirt and sand) and additional height for the rear only. I find using the RV jack base (hard rubber preferred) is the preferred solution.

Rivian R1T R1S Yellow & Red GEN2 JACK PUCKS! Thousands Ready to Ship! 20230409_222105 (1)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

A customer recommended this RV jack base and it looks to be an even better solution (2" model) for the combination of added lift, and other road surfaces (dirt and sand). I've ordered one myself to test. People are constantly finding solutions that best fit them. You gotta love that thinking process!

Rivian R1T R1S Yellow & Red GEN2 JACK PUCKS! Thousands Ready to Ship! road warrior base

Road Warrior 2" Thick RV Jack Base

Last edited:

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
The reason for using the 10T Big Red is the additional lift distance, right? A 5 or 6 ton jack should easily be able to lift the entire R1, right?

Any reason to not get a 6T and a 2” jack pad? Looks to me like that would actually get you a little higher than the 10T by itself. But I’m not sure if that gets you high enough to get the rear wheel off the ground?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

The reason for using the 10T Big Red is the additional lift distance, right? A 5 or 6 ton jack should easily be able to lift the entire R1, right?

Any reason to not get a 6T and a 2” jack pad? Looks to me like that would actually get you a little higher than the 10T by itself. But I’m not sure if that gets you high enough to get the rear wheel off the ground?
It's a solid question and one I looked at when integrating a bottle jack port into our pucks. I set-up a test scenario for all the jacks I tried 4-12T to help make a decision as well as few factors, ease of lift, height, cost. ergonomics and availability. There just wasn't any reason to purchase a 4 or 6T unit, as the ease of lifting with the 10T Big Red was significantly easier. The jack handle is also a larger diameter, which assists in the ease and feel of it on your hands.

The Big Red 10T is the best selling of the Torin jacks, so this means they will always have a large inventory and anyone can purchase them for $39 or so via PRIME. It fits nicely on the seat on the R1T as well, which was a factor.

The combination of the 10T Big Red (or any higher lift bottle jack of your choice). I think HF has a 20T (large frame) that lifts 20" now and a RV jack base is the absolute perfect combination.

I didn't want to design a separate puck just for this purpose, rather one, which I supply either in a single piece or a four piece kit. One puck does everything. A base of some sort is important for off-road, snow or other terrain, so it should couple well in that regard.

Mark

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
A customer recommended this RV jack base and it looks to be an even better solution (2" model) for the combination of added lift, and other road surfaces (dirt and sand). I've ordered one myself to test. People are constantly finding solutions that best fit them. You gotta love that thinking process!

road warrior base.jpg

Road Warrior 2" Thick RV Jack Base
Did you try Road Warrioir 2" base with 10T Big Red? I am assembling a road kit, got your pucks (they are great), and 10T Big Red. I try to understand if I need the base or not - my understanding I need one for the rear wheels, correct?

OP
OP
Mark_AZR1T

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Did you try Road Warrioir 2" base with 10T Big Red? I am assembling a road kit, got your pucks (they are great), and 10T Big Red. I try to understand if I need the base or not - my understanding I need one for the rear wheels, correct?
Thank you for the positive feedback on our pucks. These are all designed to be a solid interface between a lifting device and the chassis of the vehicle, yes, you do need additional lift in the rear with the combination that you have. I have the 2 inch base here, but I've been traveling quite a bit and have yet to confirm that it works perfectly.

At least two of our customers are using that exact setup and they have tested it on flat surfaces and say they are able to get the rear off the ground. 2 in is right on the cusp but I will do that myself here shortly and let everyone know as well.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
@Mark_AZR1T

What are the differences between Gen 1 and Gen2? Looks like the rubber base and perhaps the countersink on the bottom?

Other than wanting the latest and greatest, what are the considerations for 'upgrading' to Gen2 if you already have Gen1?
Sponsored