Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
Yeah, AFAIK almost everyone is getting 2.2 on the 20" OEM in AP. My lifetime is 2.2 over 20k miles, some conserve (and some RTT, etc.), but 2.25 over the past 7k miles with no conserve at all. That's why I have trouble with your numbers - you say 1.85 with the OEM, and a 25% improvement with the Nitto. If your driving style/conditions/etc. are such that your efficiency is that bad with the OEMs, I don't know how much I can trust your numbers with the Nitto.

As Mulder would say ... "I want to believe".
I ride almost exclusively in AP. A handful of miles in Conserve, probably more miles in Off-Road. The first ~4k miles were on OEM 22's, the rest on OEM 20's. My driving style is pretty conservative.

Rivian R1T R1S 20" Nitto Recon Grappler AT tires 25% more efficient than Pirelli OEM AT! The holy grail! 1711459330898-zx
Sponsored

OP
OP

moonjeong

First Name
Moon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Analytics
My lifetime average on OEM 20s is 1.8. I mostly drive in AP like a grandpa; 60 percent city driving versus highway. I can't imagine how people are getting 2.0 and over on OEM 20s.
Agree. I thought anything over 2.0 was deserved for Mrs. daisy

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

My lifetime average on OEM 20s is 1.8. I mostly drive in AP like a grandpa; 60 percent city driving versus highway. I can't imagine how people are getting 2.0 and over on OEM 20s.
Starts and stops are extremely inefficient, so are hills…. Unless you are driving a a fairly constant low speed, <65 then don’t expect too much…and low temps alone will reduce efficiency by 0.1 MPK per 7F drop in temp at higher speeds.

OP
OP

moonjeong

First Name
Moon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Analytics
Yeah, AFAIK almost everyone is getting 2.2 on the 20" OEM in AP. My lifetime is 2.2 over 20k miles, some conserve (and some RTT, etc.), but 2.25 over the past 7k miles with no conserve at all. That's why I have trouble with your numbers - you say 1.85 with the OEM, and a 25% improvement with the Nitto. If your driving style/conditions/etc. are such that your efficiency is that bad with the OEMs, I don't know how much I can trust your numbers with the Nitto.

As Mulder would say ... "I want to believe".
2.2 is amazing. Far from my reality on the oem AT. even in this post I would say most people are below 2.0 and closer to 1.9. Maybe you live like in Denver or higher elevation? That may get over 2.0 m/kwh. I don’t sell tires for a living and don’t need any commissions - I believe my numbers, unless my computer is off… besides, it’s not about the numbers, but more about the comparison between the tires in my environment.

Sponsored

eskudo12791

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
In one direction to work I drive 3.5 miles at 55, then 12.5 miles at 65; Lifetime average is something like 1.85. Think this morning starting at 100% charge I used 7% getting to work. Getting calibrated to 20s today in the system so will be interested to see if the numbers change in any sort of way in the system.

SwaziCAR

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1996 Subaru Legacy Brighton, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Office boy
Clubs

FWIW, I'm at 2.32 for my first 2,400 miles on the 20" Pirelli OEM ATs. About 700 miles in Conserve, perhaps 50 in Snow Mode, and the bulk (1,600+) in All Purpose.

That's with the underbody shield, and cargo bars on the roof (plus ski racks for a few hundred of those miles). Tonneau cover has been on for perhaps the last 350 miles.

What I take from these threads is that driving style, the relative mix of short vs. long trips, and (possibly) HVAC use play a big role in efficiency.

teartags

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T A/T
Another data point
R1T Dual motor large pack on stock 20" A/T
I drive fast and break hard, even in high regen (I'm trying to improve). Live at about 5300' of elevation. Go up into the mountains a decent amount. Mostly in A/P but definitely some in Snow. I only use Auto suspension height on road trips. Otherwise stay in Standard.
Just hit the 10k mile mark and lifetime is 2.13. Though, that number is up from 2.11 only in the last month or so. I got the truck in Nov, so it's been mostly cold and the warmer weather has definitely improved efficiency. Or maybe it's the tires wearing out. I'm about to do my 2nd 5-tire rotation.

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

Another data point
R1T Dual motor large pack on stock 20" A/T
I drive fast and break hard, even in high regen (I'm trying to improve). Live at about 5300' of elevation. Go up into the mountains a decent amount. Mostly in A/P but definitely some in Snow. I only use Auto suspension height on road trips. Otherwise stay in Standard.
Just hit the 10k mile mark and lifetime is 2.13. Though, that number is up from 2.11 only in the last month or so. I got the truck in Nov, so it's been mostly cold and the warmer weather has definitely improved efficiency. Or maybe it's the tires wearing out. I'm about to do my 2nd 5-tire rotation.
Your benefits from high elevation almost cancel out the lower temps, try a 15-minute test at 65 mph on flattish ground on 70F day, should be very high MPK….my average at sea level in SoCal:
Rivian R1T R1S 20" Nitto Recon Grappler AT tires 25% more efficient than Pirelli OEM AT! The holy grail! 1711467045598-35

Sponsored

OP
OP

moonjeong

First Name
Moon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1t
Occupation
Analytics
Another R1T DM here. 8900 miles on 20 AT and my average is 2.3 and I don’t drive slow.
What’s your elevation? Want to see if everyone with higher than 2.0 are still j high elevations….

dga965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (Adventure, Red Canyon; Ocean Coast, 20AT)
22,364 miles on 20” OEM AT. Lifetime 1.85. My commute is 21 miles with hills around Portland so temps vary. The main takeaway for me is that it is basically impossible to control all the conditions (terrain, temperature, driving style, loading, etc.) but the OP’s comparitve data is the most valuable. Goes against my usual bias that more data points paint the real picture…

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

Anyone getting less than 2 MPK with OEM needs to test 65 mph for a 15 min run while resetting trip B, we should be able to see if there is an issue with your setup….I got 2.1 MPK at 53F/sea level….
Sponsored