Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
I added sound deadening material (dynamat) to the under side of the entire plastic cover where the AC compressor is housed. It reduced the noise significantly and reduced the vibration in the pedal and the whole front of the car. A very inexpensive fix with massive improvements. I even think the AC works a little better after doing that but that could just be my imagination.
would love to see a thread on how you did this!
Sponsored

IGR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
I make things
Clubs

I added sound deadening material (dynamat) to the under side of the entire plastic cover where the AC compressor is housed. It reduced the noise significantly and reduced the vibration in the pedal and the whole front of the car. A very inexpensive fix with massive improvements. I even think the AC works a little better after doing that but that could just be my imagination.
I also would like to know exactly where and how.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Overall I really like the updates. But not everything is perfect. IMO the blind spot cameras displays were too dark to be really useful. They were totally useless when I had sunglasses on. I’m wondering if there is a good way to brighten the display to make them show up a bit better. I’ll give it a few more days but I’m thinking I’ll go ahead and disable that one feature.
I agree they are too dark, I tired them at night with no streetlights and they are really bad. I also do not think they will help with trailering, because the are pointed too low.

My Hummer has a rear view mirror camera and blind spot cameras in trailering mode. GM enhances the brightness of the cameras at night and it makes a huge difference. Also when trailering, they paint a red rectangle on the road where the trailer is to provide a true trailer blind spot. As low as the Rivian side cameras are pointed, I do not think they will help at all with trailering, which is the main use case for me. The existing sensor's work fine without the cameras, but are disabled when towing..

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

OMG! Thanks a ton, Rivian!! (Has a nice ring to it :)) R1S Gen 1 owners rejoice! Rivian shareholders - cork up the champagne. Skeptics - time to leave!
What an update. Completely revamped the driving experience. And I am not exaggerating. I was satisfied with the pre-update ride quality and had made my peace with it that it is “satisfactory” - squarely in the middle, at least better than some harsher Tesla models. But this update? Wow- it’s a different vehicle. Completely in the league of Range Rover and BMW X5/iX/X7. Super comfortable ride. Even on moderate settings, All-purpose. Even sport mode is now awesome. But a lot of other things seem different too
1. Throttle response, so much better. Does feel like a super car now. Prior to the update I really didn’t feel the power
2. Efficiency - better! Or maybe calibration/estimate is better but definitely a change
3. Turn signal camera- awesome. Copied Tesla but who cares.

So I can assure you all this is not a placebo - figment of my imagination kind of thing. There is one patch of road, near our house, where no matter what car we drive in our household, every member feels it. But nope, not today. It was like floating on a cloud.

All of you there waiting for the update, you are in for a treat.
I was also happy with our Rivian’s suspension before (Gen 1 R1S) and I have to agree that I was very pleasantly surprised by this update. My only minor quibble is that I wish they used the up and down arrows like they do on the right height rather than tap to switch. At least I assume that’s how we accidentally ended up set to Firm on the freeway. My mind was blown 🤯 because I never would’ve used Firm on the freeway with passengers before unless I wanted to get complaints. Firm is still very controlled, but way more comfortable. I think from now on I’ll be in Moderate or Firm on all normal paved roads and reserve soft for bad paved roads and rough trails. I think I’ll go to Firm for rock crawling, though, to keep the suspension very well controlled.

Well done Rivian! :clap:

Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Still waiting patiently for the update ...

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
None of the cameras are replacements for mirrors.
But....at least now I can tell when my signal is on. Prior to that the combo of the low volume of the woodblock and the indicators blocked by steering wheel....meant I kept them on more times than any vehicle I have ever owned. Now I know when they are on....and I know when they are off. Absolutely love it for the off label use!

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Ugg. This new UI is awful; it looks like a child's game. Like software for a small child, not even a teen.

Maybe this is Rivian's way of encouraging me to move on.
😕

Mousetrap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

So I can assure you all this is not a placebo - figment of my imagination kind of thing. There is one patch of road, near our house, where no matter what car we drive in our household, every member feels it. But nope, not today. It was like floating on a cloud.

All of you there waiting for the update, you are in for a treat.
That sounds great and all, but I don't even know where your house is! 🤔

Sponsored

MWB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (El Cap, BM, 20" Darks)
Push and hold the right side of the Stability button and you’ll see that after holding long enough for a timer bar to fill it will switch to Off.

You can really press and hold anywhere, but I find my finger blocks the button view if I press too far to the left.

Edit: added video
Push and hold the right side of the Stability button and you’ll see that after holding long enough for a timer bar to fill it will switch to Off.

You can really press and hold anywhere, but I find my finger blocks the button view if I press too far to the left.

Edit: added video
Ahh, thank you!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Harsh seams in the pavement were my biggest complaint before this update. They are better, but I wouldn't call it perfect. Not sure that's even possible.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
would love to see a thread on how you did this!
the AC compressor is in the frunk by the air filter. I think you just need to bring it to an audio shop and add dynamat around the top like he said. There are a few pics out there online of the AC compresssor location