Sponsored

Anyone else having Charge Port door issue after 2024.07.02?

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
After my R1S updated to 2024.07.02, my charge port door couldn't be opened using the center console, the 3-lines below the charge port or pulling the physical release cable (which came off after I pulled harder). I had a ticket put in and the service center said they'll send someone for mobile service sometimes next week.

Anyone had the same issue?
Sponsored

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Nope

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Maybe it is just coincident that the motor went out after.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The cable release isnt for opening the door, it's to release the latch in the event you have an issue with a charger that's already plugged into the vehicle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
The cable release isnt for opening the door, it's to release the latch in the event you have an issue with a charger that's already plugged into the vehicle.
My mistake... thank you for the info. So, there is no mechanical way to open the charge port, I guess.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
Did you try both a soft and a hard reset? Don't know if it will help but probably worth a shot. I did the update and my charge port didn't have any problems. I did have to perform a soft reset to get Tune-in to work.

OP
OP
BeanEW

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Did you try both a soft and a hard reset? Don't know if it will help but probably worth a shot. I did the update and my charge port didn't have any problems. I did have to perform a soft reset to get Tune-in to work.
Yes, tried 40 minutes walked away, left and right steering wheel reset and left steering wheel plus hazard button as instructed by SC rep. Didnā€™t work. šŸ˜Œ

Ecupip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Audi, and 2 Jeeps
Yes, tried 40 minutes walked away, left and right steering wheel reset and left steering wheel plus hazard button as instructed by SC rep. Didnā€™t work. šŸ˜Œ
The SC told me recently a hard reset to them is disconnecting the 12v battery for 30 seconds then reconnecting it. They said 9 times out of 10 that solves most issues. Itā€™s a bit extreme to see if it will fix your charge port door, especially if you are still under warranty, but thought I would share it.

Sponsored

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
This has just happened to my truck. Updated Wed or Thu last week. Charged it Friday night post OTA. Just got home from church and charge door wonā€™t open. infotainment reset and vehicle reset had no effect. Been on the phone with service and looking to hear back tomorrow. Thankfully iā€™m home and have an extra vehicle but donā€™t have range to make it to a service center. Gonna be interesting.

Atc4life86

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
A few minutes after installing 2024.07.02, I got an error message saying vehicle charger damaged, charging unable until serviced. Then when trying to open charge port door, it opens but closes immediately and makes a clicking noise. It was not plugged in during update and there wasn't any damage physically.

Hard reset and infotainment reset done, didn't fix it. Waiting for a call back from service for a remedy.

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
mine wouldnā€™t charge after the update on 200kw charger but worked on 55 kWh charger, required 2 full reset of the truck processes to work again (left button hazzard)

zajak1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Bum
After my R1S updated to 2024.07.02, my charge port door couldn't be opened using the center console, the 3-lines below the charge port or pulling the physical release cable (which came off after I pulled harder). I had a ticket put in and the service center said they'll send someone for mobile service sometimes next week.

Anyone had the same issue?
NOissues at all

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
More often than not, glitches after OTA can be resolved by soft reset.
Sponsored