First Name
Byz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2023 R1S, 2015 991GTS
Occupation
Healthcare
Just back on island-completed install of rack last week. Quality is exceptional.

IMG_0023.jpeg

IMG_0022.jpeg
Looks awesome--any chance you could post a pic from the side at a distance? I'm curious how it looks from afar...
Sponsored

ByzRiv

First Name
Byz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2023 R1S, 2015 991GTS
Occupation
Healthcare
Any XO rack owners know if their racks are compatible with Agricover hard tri-fold? I have one, and the lip sits onto the bed edge a bit, which it looks like the XO rack may have clearance for...

Gman

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Toyota Landcruiser, Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Open Ocean Swimmer
Looks awesome--any chance you could post a pic from the side at a distance? I'm curious how it looks from afar...
Will do, send to you. It is raining in Hanalei right now pretty good- will be later on.

Gman

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Open Ocean Swimmer
Any XO rack owners know if their racks are compatible with Agricover hard tri-fold? I have one, and the lip sits onto the bed edge a bit, which it looks like the XO rack may have clearance for...

Gman

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Open Ocean Swimmer

Sponsored

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
That is correct. It sits back a few inches from the fin.

1675102158085.png
i recently installed this height. I like the height in theory. But in practice I have a few issues. First, the camera is partially blocked and only shows the bed. Second, I have a low rumble which seems like it’s new air turbulence coming off the spoiler because of the gap. Third, long lead times. But it’s worth the wait.
Overall the product and build is great. Most likely I will order taller sides to increase the height.

alanjohnwilliams

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Great thread!

Any body with the Xtrusion 19" rack, can you comment on added wind noise from the rack?

How about those of you with the 18" rack?

Thanks!

skunn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T, Tesla Model 3
I am not noting any noise with the 19". I drive around with the windows closed most of the time without the radio on.

I DID place a rubber seal into the forward facing extrusion channel on the top front crossbar to try to limit noise and wonky airflow.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

Great thread!

Any body with the Xtrusion 19" rack, can you comment on added wind noise from the rack?

Thanks!
I have a 20” rack and can’t hear anything from the rack.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
No noise from my 19” rack.

I mounted my James Baroud RTT the other day. I used four 1”x4” (actual thickness 3/4”) wood shims to raise the tent to just barely clear the spoiler and roof, up to the antenna. I’m trying to keep as low a profile as possible, both with the rack and the RTT. I knew I would need to shim it a bit, just didn’t know how much. So, everything turned out as planned with the 19” rack. On a couple of short highway test drives, with the tent, I noticed no noise and efficiency seemed to indicate minimal loss. Time will tell.

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_0114

Rivian R1T R1S Bed Rack options from Xtrusion Overland IMG_0111

Last edited:

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Great thread!

Thanks!
18” definitely has noise. Air interaction with the spoiler is my guess. I will eventually get taller.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

No noise from my 19” rack.

I mounted my James Baroud RTT the other day. I used four 1”x4” (actual thickness 3/4”) shims to raise the tent to just barely clear the spoiler and roof, up to the antenna. I’m trying to keep as low a profile as possible, both with the rack and the RTT. I knew I would need to shim it a bit, just didn’t know how much. So, everything turned out as planned with the 19” rack. On a couple of short highway test drives, with the tent, I noticed no noise and efficiency seemed to indicate minimal loss. Time will tell.

IMG_0114.jpeg

IMG_0111.jpeg
Very cool. What model of JB tent is this? I’m trying to get a sense of the dimensions.

OP
OP

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
Very cool. What model of JB tent is this? I’m trying to get a sense of the dimensions.
This is the Explorer model. Not sure this exact model is still available. Exterior dimensions are about 55”x78”. Interior dimensions are roughly 54”x76”. These are the same dimensions as the Evasion model. I think the main difference between the two models is the rear roof design. Were I to do it all over again, I would get the Evasion.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

This is the Explorer model. Not sure this exact model is still available. Exterior dimensions are about 55”x78”. Interior dimensions are roughly 54”x76”. These are the same dimensions as the Evasion model. I think the main difference between the two models is the rear roof design. Were I to do it all over again, I would get the Evasion.
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply. That’s a great fit for a relatively large tent. The design and color of the tent fit the truck really well, too. Nice work.
Sponsored