Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
LOL, I actually expected something like this to happen, knowing Rivian's track record.
Hopefully the resubmission is just a matter of formality.
Unfortunately I was not at all surprised either. Would love to know whether these are minor issues and they are still on track for the delivery windows already sent. Or if this is a major setback. Given Rivian's communication track record - even if it meant a huge delay, we wouldn't know until after our existing delivery windows started (given I still have an Oct-Dec window for my R1T, yet only my R1S was pushed out to 1H 2023 from July-Sept).

mtw777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
Unfortunately, for those of us in the community here, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Furthermore, as mentioned above... the lack of information going forward shouldn't be a surprise to us either.

Disappointed nonetheless.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Unfortunately I was not at all surprised either. Would love to know whether these are minor issues and they are still on track for the delivery windows already sent. Or if this is a major setback. Given Rivian's communication track record - even if it meant a huge delay, we wouldn't know until after our existing delivery windows started (given I still have an Oct-Dec window for my R1T, yet only my R1S was pushed out to 1H 2023 from July-Sept).
Yeah, unfortunately we will never know, until we get the inevitable 'We are delayed' email.

Part of me is hoping, optimistically, they missed some French verbiage in the safety systems :fingerscrossed:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Unfortunately, for those of us in the community here, this shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Furthermore, as mentioned above... the lack of information going forward shouldn't be a surprise to us either.

Disappointed nonetheless.
This just shows that rivian does not give a damn about the canadian market. They should have just focused on the US for the first couple of years, then come here.

The TC approval process is very straightforward, regulations are largely harmonized with US FMVSS.

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Yeah, I have always believed Canada was not a priority market for Rivian. The fact that they could not get TC approval right in time shows how much invested they are for the Canadian market.

They have been dragging their feet with resourcing, staffing and logistics up here for the last year or so, and now this.

Gear up for a delay(~1 year) folks!

kvenom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
They still haven’t hired a delivery operations manager or the title and registration person either. I think those are rather critical for deliveries to commence…

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if they’ll stick to the comms schedule (end of summer and in Rivian’s world that’s end of September) to give us an update. Not holding my breath.

I’m also concerned that they are removing parts of the vehicle that were standard ie outlets in the frunk. The silver lining, I guess, is that they’ll hopefully fix all the issues delivered vehicles are experiencing.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR

mtw777

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Golf R
So this is good news... but unless somebody knows something I don't, it doesn't appear there's any infrastructure in Canada to support getting deliveries started (ie. service centres).

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They still haven’t hired a delivery operations manager or the title and registration person either. I think those are rather critical for deliveries to commence…
Thst presumes they’re hiring just one of each of those roles

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So this is good news... but unless somebody knows something I don't, it doesn't appear there's any infrastructure in Canada to support getting deliveries started (ie. service centres).
Oh they’re building one in Vancouver!

đź« 

FWIW here in Manitoba Tesla was delivering out of Toronto until recently, with mobile service only on a set schedule.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Looks like the TC Approval rejection wasn't really a rejection,

Hi *****,

We were all taken back here when we saw that article go out. Please allow me to provide a little bit of context and good news. The R1T/R1S/Rivian Commercial Van (RCV) was under review from transport Canada to begin selling this side of the border. Transport Canada did ask Rivian for supplemental information before giving us the final approval on our models. At no point in time did any of our vehicles “fail” or “didn’t meet standards”. I am also pleased to report that we have received official approval from Transport Canada and can begin selling vehicles here! The Transport Canada approval has been moving on schedule and this will not affect delivery timing in any way. Revised delivery windows will be going out by end of October and there will be a Canadian pre-order specific email coming before that with some exciting updates for Canadians, Stay tuned!

Your fellow adventurer,
Tyler

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Revised delivery windows will be going out by end of October and there will be a Canadian pre-order specific email coming before that with some exciting updates for Canadians, Stay tuned!
That last part is exciting. Don't want to get my hopes up. Because. Rivian. But - it would be great to hear something concrete about Canadian deliveries soon! The earliest windows were Dec/Jan for some early R1Ts in BC. I could see them delivering some R1T/R1S to their employees in Vancouver ahead of that.

Khaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Didn't not
Looks like the TC Approval rejection wasn't really a rejection,

Hi *****,

We were all taken back here when we saw that article go out. Please allow me to provide a little bit of context and good news. The R1T/R1S/Rivian Commercial Van (RCV) was under review from transport Canada to begin selling this side of the border. Transport Canada did ask Rivian for supplemental information before giving us the final approval on our models. At no point in time did any of our vehicles “fail” or “didn’t meet standards”. I am also pleased to report that we have received official approval from Transport Canada and can begin selling vehicles here! The Transport Canada approval has been moving on schedule and this will not affect delivery timing in any way. Revised delivery windows will be going out by end of October and there will be a Canadian pre-order specific email coming before that with some exciting updates for Canadians, Stay tuned!

Your fellow adventurer,
Tyler
This is really encouraging to hear. Thanks for sharing. Here hoping some folks start getting their R1s this year and Rivian announces where their next few SCs will be in Canada. I expect that will calm down the majority of us Canadians who feel we've been left in the dark
Sponsored