Chicago Service Delivery Question

tbananas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Well I finally got my VIN Friday and spoke to the guide. Was told my R1T was done with assembly and being inspected in Normal. On Wednesday I learned the car made it to Chicago. For those who took delivery in Chicago, how long was the wait for you? I’m hoping to get a call or text that I can schedule delivery, but when…?
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

took me like 2 weeks due to them finding a bad interior piece and replacing it.

OP
OP

tbananas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
took me like 2 weeks due to them finding a bad interior piece and replacing it.
Did they give you any updates along the way or did you only learn that after getting contacted to schedule delivery? How did you learn about the broken piece to begin with?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

just wait for the call. I was overly anxious as well after waiting since 2018 they will call you when they have gone through it and it is ready to go. The Chicago center has been so great to deal with.

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

Well I finally got my VIN Friday and spoke to the guide. Was told my R1T was done with assembly and being inspected in Normal. On Wednesday I learned the car made it to Chicago. For those who took delivery in Chicago, how long was the wait for you? I’m hoping to get a call or text that I can schedule delivery, but when…?
I was about 3-4 days after completing my 7 steps. Guide wasn't able to update when it would be delivered but the service center contacted me and we set it up for the next day. 👍

Sponsored

bobaurora

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
about two weeks for me. I really didn't ask any questions during the two weeks so don't know if that is normal or not. Seemed like a fair amount of time. Pickup tomorrow in Chicago!

R1T, Limestone, 22" sport brights, black mountain

Last edited:
OP
OP

tbananas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
about two weeks for me. I really didn't ask any questions during the two weeks so don't know if that is normal or not. Seemed like a fair amount of time. Pickup tomorrow in Chicago!

R1T, Limestone, 22" sport brights, black mountain
Was it 2 weeks before you heard from the Chicago delivery team or did you hear from them soon after getting your VIN and the first appointment was 2 weeks out?

bobaurora

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Was it 2 weeks before you heard from the Chicago delivery team or did you hear from them soon after getting your VIN and the first appointment was 2 weeks out?
Sept 15 I got the email "Time to complete the purchase process" from Rivian. Sept 26 got the "Your Rivian is ready for delivery". Shortly after that the service center contacted me to choose a pickup time in Chicago. I chose the 30th because it worked best for me but probably could have picked up on the 27th.

OP
OP

tbananas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Sept 15 I got the email "Time to complete the purchase process" from Rivian. Sept 26 got the "Your Rivian is ready for delivery". Shortly after that the service center contacted me to choose a pickup time in Chicago. I chose the 30th because it worked best for me but probably could have picked up on the 27th.
Thanks, sounds like 11 days before being able to schedule. That is great to know.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Do they ever let you go to Normal, IL to pick up the truck? We live in NM, closest to Denver, but have relatives near Normal. that we could visit.

OP
OP

tbananas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
When I got my VIN and guide she said it’s too late to pick up in Normal. Since I didn’t have a guide till that day I’m not sure how I could have asked sooner.
Sponsored