Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Please Read This Carefully!

If you have your R1T and you are one of the lucky ones that has the passenger seat belt chime issue like I do, DO NOT UPDATE TO 2022.11.2. Your screens in your R1T will never go to sleep due to the OTA covering:

“Improved passenger detection so climate, media, and other functions stay active while the driver is away, and front or rear passengers remain in the vehicle.”
Sponsored

pticknerco

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Chevy Duramax, Mazda CX5
Are you still having issues with your truck not going to sleep? Mine does this frequently, and Rivian is now planning on picking up the truck and bringing back to a service center to try and solve the problem.

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
I really wish I could be experiencing this problem right now.... perspective lol

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I have the latest update and my screens go to sleep. So glad that is not happening to me.

Just a thought maybe turn your Gear Guard off or on as that is "on" all the time and the screen pops on and off when it senses motion. Mine is one and has been since about the 3rd day I had my truck. Also was on before the update.

pticknerco

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
We've tried it all. It got picked up this morning for a trip to the Service Center. It was going there anyway as it needed an alignment (it pulled to the right from day one. Even the guys delivering it commented on it). I'm hoping they can address the few other minor software issues I've got going as well.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
We've tried it all. It got picked up this morning for a trip to the Service Center. It was going there anyway as it needed an alignment (it pulled to the right from day one. Even the guys delivering it commented on it). I'm hoping they can address the few other minor software issues I've got going as well.
Do they give you a loaner when they have to take your truck in?

pticknerco

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No loaner, but they offered to get a rental car for me. I'm 5 hours away from the service center, so they had to contract a third party to come get the truck. I said I probably wouldn't need a rental, but it would depend on how long they have it. I haven't heard anything back from them yet.
Sponsored