Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
About time!

“Electrify Commercial today announced plans to support Rocky Mountain Power, a division of PacificCorp, with the installation of 20 EV charging stations in Utah. The project will include more than 80 individual chargers at 15 stations in the Salt Lake City area and five stations in surrounding regions, a total of 20 charging stations.

The first charging stations from this collaboration are expected to open in 2024 in Salt Lake City, the Wasatch Valley Front and Moab.”

https://media.electrifyamerica.com/en-us/releases/219
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

First stations expected opening in 2024

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Love it. Multiple coming soon EA stations I am excited about (Bozeman MT, Chamberlain SD, Wausau WI for example) and this just adds to the list especially after the report earlier from @JeremyP that RAN isn't coming soon to Moab.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

This is really going to take the edge off going to Moab. Can’t come soon enough IMO and still a little surprised Rivian didn’t put a RAN there.

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
There's probably a big advantage to being the first charging station in an area (Tesla), before large electrical upgrades are needed. I just noticed there's two supercharger locations in Moab now. Hopefully one of them will get upgraded with the magic dock!

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
There's probably a big advantage to being the first charging station in an area (Tesla), before large electrical upgrades are needed. I just noticed there's two supercharger locations in Moab now. Hopefully one of them will get upgraded with the magic dock!
Have any more magic docks opened since the 2 in CA and the 12 or so in NY?

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Denver, CO near Rivian and Tesla service centers
Vehicles
Tesla
Rocky Mtn Poser has a terrible track record! RMP received a substantial financial award to install DC charging, but did nothing to maintain the ChargePoint hardware. Its been offline for months! I hope EA has better success working with RMP to maintain deployed sites.

Plugshare notes for the Moab UT location: "... Note 4/24/23 - DCFC is not operational. RMP stated that they will not be fixing it."

"ChargePoint DC charger has been decommissioned for almost 18 months and is now wrapped in plastic. Rocky Mountain Power / Pacific Power Corp EV hotline can be reached at 800-625-6078 to submit a complaint. The attached meter number is 78 405 624 Let’s generate enough noise to see them reactivate this charger; as it is the ONLY non-Tesla DC charger in Moab!!" 3/3/2023

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
This is really going to take the edge off going to Moab. Can’t come soon enough IMO and still a little surprised Rivian didn’t put a RAN there.
They want to. Someone reported in another thread that they had a deal and design plans for a specific location all done but the utility upgrades required by the power company were going to cost millions. They'll have to rethink what's doable in the area.

I'm hoping once Rivian starts producing their own batteries, they'll be able to get really creative with battery-equipped RAN stations that can smooth some of the power demand needs in order to get stations in areas with less robust infrastructure.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Deleted member 7086

Supplied Rivian with the charging stations available at the Grand Canyon South Rim months ago. Level 2’s and Tesla’s. Still not available in the NAV. Also seems the South Rim would be a great place for a RAN station.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Moab will be so good. Someone mentioned in another thread field station Moab just opened, they told me they have 6 EV chargers free for guests. Rooms are priced better than the canvas place.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
not a bad commute from all the RAN stations in Michigan.

BrentInCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S, Toyota FJ, R1S Quad Large Pack Feb 2023
Rocky Mtn Poser has a terrible track record! RMP received a substantial financial award to install DC charging, but did nothing to maintain the ChargePoint hardware. Its been offline for months! I hope EA has better success working with RMP to maintain deployed sites.

Plugshare notes for the Moab UT location: "... Note 4/24/23 - DCFC is not operational. RMP stated that they will not be fixing it."

"ChargePoint DC charger has been decommissioned for almost 18 months and is now wrapped in plastic. Rocky Mountain Power / Pacific Power Corp EV hotline can be reached at 800-625-6078 to submit a complaint. The attached meter number is 78 405 624 Let’s generate enough noise to see them reactivate this charger; as it is the ONLY non-Tesla DC charger in Moab!!" 3/3/2023
I called the # listed, they said we must email [email protected] to voice our complaint / concern, which I've now done. I also reached out to ChargePoint.

Last edited:

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
not a bad commute from all the RAN stations in Michigan.
::eye roll:: Pretty close to the 4 RAN stations in CO. And heading west from Moab, they'll need 1 RAN in western Utah or northern AZ and the "coming soon" RAN in Las Vegas to open up all of Southern CA and AZ's ability to get to Moab on RAN only.
Sponsored