Sponsored

Endless Frustration: Relentless Noise Issues with R1S - Seeking Support and Solutions!

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Holy shiit!!! That would make the owner of any $80k vehicle doubt their purchase decision.
I’m doubting mine. I’m sorry but this is just unacceptable. Brought the Rivian to work since I picked it up yesterday and my co workers wanted to see it. Sucks they had to feel and hear the AC not working on our way to and from lunch. Such an embarrassment.

jeepguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Adventure Series
Ok, so try living here in AZ where the temps are well over 100 degrees already. I picked my R1S up last Friday and the driver side floorboard vibrates horribly and absolutely is loud enough to hinder conversations when the AC is on. We tried switching between recirculating and not, but nothing changes it. It also makes the same noises regardless if we're idle or driving.

Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Someone should gather all the members info on here that experienced the same problems as the Op and send to rivian. They need to fix this

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I am seeing several threads pop up on this topic. Is this primarily an R1S issue (weed whacker AC compressor)?

OP
OP
DallasBBQ

DallasBBQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender 110 Dynamic X, R1S
Ok, so try living here in AZ where the temps are well over 100 degrees already. I picked my R1S up last Friday and the driver side floorboard vibrates horribly and absolutely is loud enough to hinder conversations when the AC is on. We tried switching between recirculating and not, but nothing changes it. It also makes the same noises regardless if we're idle or driving.
You have 7 days to return the vehicle. Rivian service center's standard response is "vehicle is operating at designed"

PaulPlacerCounty

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 and Subaru Outback
Occupation
Retired Attorney
If Dallas SC won't do anything, time to start looking into Lemon Law?
Here is the link to the website which explains the Texas Lemon Law:

https://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/con...is,under the manufacturer's original warranty.

I've used our Lemon Law here in California to leverage a dealer to effectively repair an issue I had on a new car; get it fixed or prepare to give me a new car. They flew a factory mechanic into town and fixed it.

Another time I'd purchased a used BMW diesel; loved the car but it had an odd engine whine. Delearer kept working and working on fixing it as I drove a free rental. One day BMW USA called me out of the blue and said we want to buy back your car.

Granted, I'm in California, which never met a business they liked. But it's worth checking to see what your rights are in Texas.

screamingkarts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S LE, Jeep Wrangler 4Xe
Clubs

Hello everyone,
I have created the following form to collect the details of the affected car and hopefully helps with getting some attention on the issue with Rivian. I am also trying to reach to a friend who knows an executive in Rivian. Not sure if that will help us but any of us can use the data to present to anyone at the Rivian to get some traction. Thanks

https://forms.gle/Q7n4fBdao5rzWtSC6

Note: I tried to search the forum for any form/poll to collect this information and unable to find one. Please let me know if anyone find one that already exists and I will delete this post.

Sponsored

longhornguy2015

First Name
Darshan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura 2014 rdx
Occupation
IT Analyst
Hello everyone,
I have created the following form to collect the details of the affected car and hopefully helps with getting some attention on the issue with Rivian. I am also trying to reach to a friend who knows an executive in Rivian. Not sure if that will help us but any of us can use the data to present to anyone at the Rivian to get some traction. Thanks

Note: I tried to search the forum for any form/poll to collect this information and unable to find one. Please let me know if anyone find one that already exists and I will delete this post.
Thanks, I filled it out.

prestapost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM 1500, 2022 Rivian R1T
I have 25,000 miles. I noticed this on one road trip when I had a lot of things in the frunk. In my case, more room to let battery heat escape to in the frunk made the difference.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Hello everyone,

@DallasBBQ can you please edit your OP and add this form link on there? Think it's a useful exercise to figure out how many people this affects.

Robin

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bicycle
Occupation
Waitress
Message sent to Tony and the entire executive team. Hoping someone will respond
That’s loud , my AC is somewhat noisy but not like the that (Vin: 9500, 2023)hope SC takes it seriously, I ride in All Purpose, sometimes Sport Mode…
Sponsored