Sponsored

How has your ride quality changed since the update?

• Total voters

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
let’s petition for the old soft to come back. i’m not above begging. please….
Sponsored

mlondre

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2017 Model 3
Occupation
EV charging stuff...
Clubs

Wife says R1S feels "tighter". Not as much floating and much tighter on highway. Feels like she has more control.

Im retrying the T as I write this.
Fingers crossed my wife says the same! Still no update, I’m eagerly awaiting less complaints about loose steering!

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
R1T on 21s AP/Soft/Standard. Verdict so far: much smoother at lower speeds going over uneven surfaces. Lots of porpoising, side to side movement, and bouncing at higher speeds. There needs to be a happy medium somewhere.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Curious how many miles you have and what the tire wear looks like Using low most of the time.

I usually use AP Normal as that seems like the most natural tire position. I have 10k miles and am pretty happy with the tire wear. I do use Conserve low (not lowest) on longer highway stretches.
Have had the vehicle for 6 weeks, and only have 1500 miles or so. Tire wear is not noticeable yet as you might expect. That said, regen is never set to High and we don't jack rabbit start see how quickly it can go. We're used to quick acceleration from Tesla so it's not novel to us.

I fully expect the tires to last ~20K to 25K miles.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Have had the vehicle for 6 weeks, and only have 1500 miles or so. Tire wear is not noticeable yet as you might expect. That said, regen is never set to High and we don't jack rabbit start see how quickly it can go. We're used to quick acceleration from Tesla so it's not novel to us.

I fully expect the tires to last ~20K to 25K miles.
I think that is doable, I have 22s, use high regen and still right around 8/32 at 10k miles.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Wow, just got back my first drive since I updated a few days ago. It’s a huge difference on my R1S, and I love it!

It’s pretty amazing how they are able to tune the suspension so significantly with an OTA software update. Pretty cool times we live in.

Sponsored

Leo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Alfa Romeo Giulia Quad. Range Rover, Infinti
Don't think that is what @RexRemus actually meant. ;)

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
R1T much improved at slow speeds over bumps and stuff. Just drove briefly so I don't know how it is going to be over varied terrain but I keep it in sport mode which is usually extremely bumpy in parking lots and stuff. Its a noticeable improvement.

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
Does anyone notice regen feeling has changed? High seems like a bit weaker and slow to grab brakes at stop. Have an R1S and R1T, noticed on both.

suspension wise ride on Colorado roads seems much better on both, however S seems to have a bit of Cadillac float on some bumps in rear

Mobius1

First Name
Asim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR; Ford Fusion Energi
Occupation
Technology
R1S on 20” ATs. Just updated last night and did an hour drive and it feels great. I typically brace myself for the jarring bump on some roads and was pleasantly surprised when it just bounced over them. My wife was fascinated by how they could make improvements like this OTA. The real test will be Monday morning at my sons school and the speed bumps, where we are completely rocked each morning. Will update then.
Sponsored