superfluid

superfluid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Kia Telluride
Occupation
Tech
Dang.... I have no idea what you were talking about but it sounds damn impressive and so I'll run with it.

So to confirm (because i really don't know what this means):
  • Use these EQ settings: 63 Hz -3 notches, 125 Hz -3, 1 kHz +3, 2 kHz +3.
??
Yep, basically just copy the first picture of EQ settings.
Sponsored

OP
OP
superfluid

superfluid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
This is brilliant analysis! I bet that's exactly what happened.

I, too, have an R1T with Meridian and an R1S with Rivian Elevation. I enjoy the former - even with built-in presets and am very much looking forward to trying your settings here.

I'm using the R1S Rivian Elevation settings from your other thread and while improved, there's a lot still missing - especially while driving with the windows down.

Regardless, appreciate the amazing analysis and work. Thanks so much for your time and insights. Very impressed and very grateful!
I agree that the R1S Elevation leaves a lot to be desired. I’m going to keep chipping away at this to see what options are available aside from replacing the whole system with an aftermarket solution.

The next step is to compare an R1S Elevation to to an R1S Meridian to collect definitive data that I can present to Rivian.

My hope is that they can fix the 1 kHz issue via OTA, but that would require the system to be fully active, where the amplifiers come after a digital crossover in the signal chain, an expensive and complicated architecture. Let’s see.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I have an R1T with Meridian and an R1S with Elevation. You are my hero. Thanks!
I'm in the same boat with our R1T and R1S.

Hugely helpful OP!!

ksujeff99

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
Great work! Thanks for doing this for the R1T as well.

Is there any benefit in doing these measurements while the vehicle is driving at, say 60mph? Would the added road and wind noise provide a truer experience for what our ears experience while driving?

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Tidal just cancelled my subscription after the free 3 months ended 9 months ago. Dunno if I want to pull the trigger again 😅

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

My primary conclusion is that Rivian needs to hire @superfluid prior to finalizing the design of the R2 sound system to make sure it doesn't suck.

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I have an R1T with Meridian and had the vibration/rattles in the doors and the speakers mounted in the doors as superfluid mentioned in his original post. I fixed every last one of them by pulling off my door panels. Inside the door there are probably 30 to 40 screws that mate the internals of the door, including the speakers. The screws were fairly loose. Tightening them all down gently and using tape on anything that seemed loose and could possibly generate rattles completely silenced my doors and door speakers. It may sound intimidating, but really wasn't difficult to do. I did all four doors in an afternoon.

FlightDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I have an R1T with Meridian and had the vibration/rattles in the doors and the speakers mounted in the doors as superfluid mentioned in his original post. I fixed every last one of them by pulling off my door panels. Inside the door there are probably 30 to 40 screws that mate the internals of the door, including the speakers. The screws were fairly loose. Tightening them all down gently and using tape on anything that seemed loose and could possibly generate rattles completely silenced my doors and door speakers. It may sound intimidating, but really wasn't difficult to do. I did all four doors in an afternoon.
I have the same problem but that does sound intimidating. Say more about how if you can.

FlightDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

@superfluid wow, thanks again. I've been driving around with your prior recommendations in my Merid R1T. Those settings sound tinny to me as do these settings. My untrained ears must be used to cheap boombox bass sounds. I'll keep trying to get accustomed to these settings.

Sponsored

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
I have the same problem but that does sound intimidating. Say more about how if you can.
I just watched a couple videos on YouTube. You start by removing four bolts that hold the panel on. Once those are removed, the panels are just held on by clips that pop free with a little outward pressure. I used a small wedge/trim tool on the bottom side of the panel to pop all the clips free and remove the panel.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
After about 3 hours of driving around using these settings I can say they are definitely better than the preset EQ options and better than the custom settings I had been using, which sounded good to me, but were still a little muddy.

Granted I was using BT but it sounds cleaner and still has plenty of bass (for most of us). I do have to turn up the volume another couple clicks, which for those of us with Meridian systems means we are between 15-20 all the time, but whatever🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks again OP!

Wing

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition LG/OC 20-inch
I'll give this a try but both my wife and I love the 3D setting we have tried switching it off and on a few times and always go back to on.

OP
OP
superfluid

superfluid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
After about 3 hours of driving around using these settings I can say they are definitely better than the preset EQ options and better than the custom settings I had been using, which sounded good to me, but were still a little muddy.

Granted I was using BT but it sounds cleaner and still has plenty of bass (for most of us). I do have to turn up the volume another couple clicks, which for those of us with Meridian systems means we are between 15-20 all the time, but whatever🤷🏼‍♂️

Thanks again OP!
Glad it helped!

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Interesting. I'll certainly give these a try, but I had to laugh since the tweaks are almost exactly opposite to what I've been using for the past year. I don't think I've noticed any of the rattles you mention in the doors, but I have an early 2023 build.

Rivian R1T R1S How to Improve a Rivian R1T's Meridian Sound System w/ Simple EQ Changes (Equipment Measured Tests & Results) + Comparison to Elevation System IMG_6879
Sponsored