Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

hey insisted they had a running database
If it is anything like the database they (didn't) have for those of us whose spare tire kit was removed, prepare to be disappointed.
Sponsored

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

If you don’t, make sure you have an active ticket open for it. Mine was closed after they couldn’t repair it any more, I opened a new one earlier this year and when they called about it I asked they just leave it open so it’s clear it’s outstanding. I got the email Saturday for what it’s worth.

edit: maybe not. See below.

Last edited:

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

If you don’t, make sure you have an active ticket open for it. Mine was closed after they couldn’t repair it any more, I opened a new one earlier this year and when they called about it I asked they just leave it open so it’s clear it’s outstanding. I got the email Saturday for what it’s worth.
I’m in a similar spot. I opened a ticket this morning and service closed it. They left a message to say that they are not quite ready. “Don’t call us, we’ll call you” essentially

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I’m in a similar spot. I opened a ticket this morning and service closed it. They left a message to say that they are not quite ready. “Don’t call us, we’ll call you” essentially
Interesting. Welp we’ll see what happens.

Sponsored

CaseyH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, Polestar 2 LRDM, Model Y Long Range
WOW. holy shit. just noticed they closed my service ticket as well. This is a compete mess.

Email/Support article "... if you have issues, open a ticket";

open a ticket and service says "... don't open a ticket, we will call you when ready...". WTF

Last edited:

Adventusaurus

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Y, 92 Miata
Occupation
Software
WOW. holy shit. just noticed the closed my service ticket as well. This is a compete mess.

Email/Support article "... if you have issues, open a ticket";

open a ticket and service says "... don't open a ticket, we will call you when ready...". WTF
Yeah feels like screwed up communication/execution. I hope their intentions, at least, are good on this. I feel echos of the “exciting dual motor announcement” and (oh massive price hike) right before launch on this one…

CaseyH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tony Caravano is scheduled todo a AMA on Reddit later today. Added this topic there if anyone wants to upvote

Last edited:
OP
OP

LTD in CBTS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3, Vespa 300, R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

they deactivated mine open at delivery Nov 2022. no email yet. i'll wait for a few months to see what happens.
Strange. I also pickup up mine in Nov 22 at San Diego where they deactivated open as well. I think I was one of the first to get the email on Friday as I started this thread. It's likely going to be a slow rollout as the service centers are already so busy. Who knows how they pick to order? 🤷‍♂️ Alphabetical? Truck color? VIN? Random number generator? Either way, good luck to all and keep on truckin'!!

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
they deactivated mine open at delivery Nov 2022. no email yet. i'll wait for a few months to see what happens.
Same. And it fell off my service requests after my first visit, so I just called and had it re-added to make sure I’m not left in the cold.

Sponsored

bike123.com

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 bolt 1 Kona ev
Occupation
Bicycle store proprietor
Clubs

Luckily mine still works. Should I go ahead and try to get on the list? I’m assuming they’ll want to replace existing PTCs (working and non-working).
The one in the photo looks to have no slats.
Could it be a fabric?
We prefer no cover at all

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I wonder if they will install it on the trucks that don't have the electric one?. If so, I wonder if they will apply the cost of the POC manual one to the cost of the electric?. I don't mind paying ~$1,000 for it.

CaseyH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
somewhat of an update; I had opened a service request the same day folks started reporting they got emails. A day later I got a call from Rivian service saying they weren't ready yet and they were closing the case and they would phone out to start scheduling folks in a few weeks.

That didn't sit well with me given the email and support article so I raised another service request and was told the same thing and told them it conflicts with the guidance and to keep the service request open. The support person was apathetic and said they will keep it open but they won't be scheduling me anytime soon.

Fast forward to today and I get another call from Rivian service at 6Am and this person seems higher than first tier. She apologized for the first service request being canceled without things being explained but then said she was going to cancel my second request as well because they are maintain an internal list and will create service requests internally when they are ready and call people to schedule when they come up in the queue. She assured me I was on the "list" and I do not need to contact them again about the PTC. I conveyed my confusion with this based on the email and support article messaging and she said she would forward my concerns to her leadership.

AND just now Tony Caravano responded in the Reddit AMA:

For those reading at home, this question comes from an R1T owner with an existing powered tonneau. Our previous communication mentioned that if your powered tonneau isn't functioning as intended, you should reach out to our Service Support team at 855-748-4265, or through the chat feature in your Rivian app. This is still the path for those experiencing issues with their tonneau.

It’s important to remember that we’ll be prioritizing appointments for owners that are actively experiencing issues with their powered tonneau. If your service request is already in, there’s no further action you need to take – and we’ll follow up with you once we’re ready to schedule your install. These appointments will be offered on a rolling basis, not all at once.

We will be sure to clear up any confusion on this topic internally.
The service folks also motioned a few times that the replacements starting wasn't official yet but the support article and emails contradict that. My guess is it seems the PR folks launched the messaging before the service folks were informed and also appears service may have been closing PTC service requests and leadership wasn't aware of this practice.

With all this, looking in the Rivian app and both my 1st and 2nd PTC Service Request are showing as open now. So progress? IDK

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Communications is still messy at Rivian.

Reading Tony's response, it's still unclear depending on how you interpret his response. But the way I read it, if you can provide a video of your tonneau stuck or malfunctioning today - you can be prioritized on the internal list. If you have an old service ticket and stopped using your tonneau months ago, you are on an internal list and they will get to you when they get to you.

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
just tried to log a service ticket on my app and its says "something went wrong, try again"... over and over.
Sponsored