Sponsored

Kneel Mode stresses suspension?

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Car is too high in standard mode for my family. I’m going to try to see if the kneel option works. But doesn’t that stress your suspension for often since you’re using it all the time?
Sponsored

Electrified Outdoors

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Quad, 2024 Rivian R1S Quad
Occupation
Real Estate
Clubs

I installed running boards for this reason. I don't like the idea of lowing and raising the suspension every time I put it in park/drive.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

I don't use kneel because I do believe it probably would take a toll on the suspension over time. Although I have no evidence to back that up. I also don't have other folks in my truck 99% of the time and the AP height isn't too much of a stretch for me.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
I've been using kneel mode for about 11 months and 15 days now ~12 k on the odometer. No issues.

Sponsored

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Been using it for 8 days since I got the R1T. It’s fantastic for short wife and little kids. Don’t be afraid to use the features, there is a warranty for a reason.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I've been using kneel mode for about 11 months and 15 days now ~12 k on the odometer. No issues.
I use it all the time as well, I’m not overly concerned about using it.

Just for reference, kneel mode is not the lowest setting. Sport lowest is about a half inch lower than kneel.

ridgetopview

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S, Rivian R1T, Audi Q5, Case-IH
Occupation
Lean XP/SW Consultant
I installed running boards for this reason. I don't like the idea of lowing and raising the suspension every time I put it in park/drive.
For the very reason of helping to get in/out, I was intending to install running boards but Rivian emphasized, when I took delivery, installing them would negate the battery warranty because the bolts to install the runners would be the same used for the battery. Wondering, did Rivian happen to mention this?

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon Turbo
I had kneel mode on for a few days when I first got it, but the first time I parked in town at an angled spot it knelt down and crunched the front mudflap thing right on the curb and havent used it since. Lol

Last edited:

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon Turbo
For the very reason of helping to get in/out, I was intending to install running boards but Rivian emphasized, when I took delivery, installing them would negate the battery warranty because the bolts to install the runners would be the same used for the battery. Wondering, did you hear this?
I haven’t heard of any running boards negating the battery warranty. Definitely wouldn’t have installed mine if that was the case.

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I had a recent knee injury and am using the "kneel mode" all of the time even though we have running boards. I tend to think that this will not harm the air suspension. I am a firm believer in the "use it or loose" tenet. Mechanical functions that are not used regularly tend to malfunction.

I have a close friend who is a Chevrolet Dealer. He told me that a fair percentage of the five year old vehicles have rear seat power windows that don't work because they have never been used. I put Opal's back windows down and back up every time I think of it. I do the same thing with her frunk.

Brian

OP
OP

irvineboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
So “sport mode” is just the lowest setting under standard (press the down button all the way)? or does it actually make the suspension and handling stiffer/different?

Anyone know what the height in inches is for sport, normal or high and kneel?

Last edited:

Electrified Outdoors

Site Sponsor
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T Quad, 2024 Rivian R1S Quad
Occupation
Real Estate
Clubs

For the very reason of helping to get in/out, I was intending to install running boards but Rivian emphasized, when I took delivery, installing them would negate the battery warranty because the bolts to install the runners would be the same used for the battery. Wondering, did Rivian happen to mention this?
That's simply not true and the person who told you that didn't know what they were talking about. The magnuson moss warranty act requires them to honor the warranty unless they can prove an aftermarket part directly caused the failure. They can't simply void the warranty because you installed an aftermarket part. The warranty remains in effect regardless, if there is a claim, they have to prove the aftermarket part cause the failure. No way running boards cause a battery to fail 😂 .

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
This is simply not true. They would have to prove that the installation of the running boards was the cause of any failure.