Sponsored

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I would like to have the adapter for a road trip in June....I'm going to wait to see what Rivian says in a couple weeks.
Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Will using a non-Rivian adapter void warranty? I am sure A2Z is a quality product, but....
Only if a problem occurred—and after investigation—your use of an unsanctioned adapter is discovered and found to be complicit in or the cause of damages.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I did a few posts up :). I agree that it seems like Rivian might have opened up the charging curve some? Or maybe the battery was cool enough to allow for that charging rate.
usually what I’ve seen is if you plug in at low SOC say 10% you will get 217kw sustained up to like 40% before it starts to dip, and this is because the battery takes in a lot of heat so it starts to taper early.

But if you start with a preconditioned battery at 40% you might get 217kw until 50% (which I’ve seen personally) and I haven’t tried, but my guess is a nice preconditioned battery plugged in at high 50s may have allowed the battery to accept 217kw for a couple of moments.

but generally when you see a 0-100 curve, you won’t see 200kw past 40 or 45% because the battery like I said in the begging, gets too hot, and starts throttling earlier

Sponsored

Galve2000

First Name
Costas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 85D, Oredering a dual motor R1S
cool color. and thank you for not blocking a second Tesla stall. I do note that you have blcked a Level 2 Chargepoint stall, but tgose have longer cables and are probably able to service a vehicle parked in a nearby stall.

fun times.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

cool color. and thank you for not blocking a second Tesla stall. I do note that you have blcked a Level 2 Chargepoint stall, but tgose have longer cables and are probably able to service a vehicle parked in a nearby stall.

fun times.
Blocking a stall here is usually a non-issue....
Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature 1711398886857-l

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

fun times.
I've also sent a message to the property owner that they should swap those pay to use 6.3kw chargepoints out with pay vacuum cleaners. They'd get way more use.

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I have never hit 217kw charging on any charger even if it’s 350 rated best I see is 153 ish, I am curious how long did it stay at 217 bc when I charge as soon as it hits 60% it drops down then again at 70 and 80 so what were the step down levels as you were charging. Example if at 80% it was still pushing 150 that would be huge, I often see it drop to 80kw at 80%
80 kW at 80%.

Some more testing at a different location with high state of charge upon arrival.

Adapter is working as expected. No issues to report.

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature IMG_9265

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature IMG_9261

Sponsored

AYAYRON

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
80 kW at 80%.

Some more testing at a different location with high state of charge upon arrival.

Adapter is working as expected. No issues to report.

IMG_9265.jpeg

IMG_9261.jpeg

OK perfect so this helps confirm the truck itself limits to specific KWH per % regardless perhaps of battery temp/ charger's capability and such.

akc5247

First Name
AKC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Subaru Ascent Touring, 2024 R1S dual motor
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I have never hit 217kw charging on any charger even if it’s 350 rated best I see is 153 ish, I am curious how long did it stay at 217 bc when I charge as soon as it hits 60% it drops down then again at 70 and 80 so what were the step down levels as you were charging. Example if at 80% it was still pushing 150 that would be huge, I often see it drop to 80kw at 80%
I recently consistently (three days in a row) hit 216kW peak at two differents RANs in MD/VA. I had posted the attached screenshot in Tezlab app as well, if you are interested.

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature signal-2024-04-08-130822

OP
OP
MidnightRivian

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I spoke to A2Z EV today about the DCFC NACS extension cord and they confirmed the NACS DC 500v 1000V cable is still under design/development/testing and we should expect to see it available towards the end of summer.

They are having to spend lots of time engineering a cable that can handle the voltage / amperage from Superchargers while maintaining safe thermal thresholds. Keep in mind the NACS supercharger plug is normally liquid cooled to keep temperatures low.

Hopefully @A2ZEV can share more information as they get closer to launching this new product. I look forward to buying one and performing some testing for the forum.

A2Z DC - Tesla (NACS) Supercharger Extension Cord | 6-9 FT (2-3 meters)

Edit: Correction, 1000V. There might have been some confusion with volts and amps.

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature 1712779156564-p7

Rivian R1T R1S MidnightRivian's R1S Tesla Charger test session hitting speeds @ 217 kW using A2Z adapter / plug and charge feature 1712779175662-1d

Last edited:

A2ZEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Tesla MYP, 24' Tesla MSLR
Occupation
A2Z EV | EVSE
I spoke to A2Z EV today about the DCFC NACS extension cord and they confirmed the NACS DC 500v cable is still under design/development/testing and we should expect to see it available towards the end of summer.

They are having to spend lots of time engineering a cable that can handle the voltage / amperage from Superchargers while maintaining safe thermal thresholds. Keep in mind the NACS supercharger plug is normally liquid cooled to keep temperatures low.

Hopefully @A2ZEV can share more information as they get closer to launching this new product. I look forward to buying one and performing some testing for the forum.
Correction, 1000V. There might have been some confusion with volts and amps.

Will post some news tonight.
Sponsored