New Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 coming soon

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
My local tire dealer had told me Michelin was working on a beefed-up Defender tire coming later this year that he felt would be a good option for my R1T with 22" wheels. I found this on Discount Tires website. Looks interesting.

From the Discount Tires web site:

The best part? The Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2 is EV compatible. Whether you drive a Ford F-150 Lightning or a Rivian R1T or R1S, this Michelin may be the tire for you. It’s also a great fit for the Chevy Silverado, RAM pickups, Ford F-Series trucks, the Toyota Tacoma and 4Runner and many, many more popular vehicles.

Other features of the Defender LTX M/S 2 include:
  • An all-new tread pattern featuring deeper tread and stiffer tread blocks resists treadwear for long-lasting tread life.
  • Built to be as quiet as it is capable, the M/S2 features Michelin’s Piano Acoustic Tuning to smooth out tread disturbances and reduce energy peaks.
  • Boasting Michelin’s MaxTouch 2.0 Technology, every tire size is optimized for even stress distribution within the tire footprint, yielding extended tread life.
  • For adhesive grip in slippery conditions, it’s loaded up with SipeLock Technology, AKA hundreds of 3-D sipes that bite into water and light snow.
  • Those 3-D sipes also lock together during cornering maneuvers, as well as braking and accelerating, stabilizing the tread blocks for precise steering control.

Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 Treadwear & Warranty
If you know anything about the Michelin Defender nameplate, it’s probably for its unstoppable tread life. And the M/S 2 has been redesigned from the ground up to provide modern trucks and SUVs with even more tread life than ever before. With that in mind, P-metric sizes come backed by a 70,000-mile treadwear warranty, while LT (AKA light truck) tire sizes feature a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty.

For the driver who wants protection that goes beyond the mileage, consider our industry-leading tire protection coverage. If your new Michelin tires are damaged beyond safe repair, we’ll provide you with a brand new replacement tire—no questions asked.

You can add our Certificates in your cart!

As vehicles get bigger and more powerful, you need a tire that can handle it all, including foul weather, heavy loads and instant torque. That tire is the Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/michelin-defender-ltx-m-s2/p/126850
Sponsored

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
My local tire dealer had told me Michelin was working on a beefed-up Defender tire coming later this year that he felt would be a good option for my R1T with 22" wheels. I found this on Discount Tires website. Looks interesting.

From the Discount Tires web site:

The best part? The Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2 is EV compatible. Whether you drive a Ford F-150 Lightning or a Rivian R1T or R1S, this Michelin may be the tire for you. It’s also a great fit for the Chevy Silverado, RAM pickups, Ford F-Series trucks, the Toyota Tacoma and 4Runner and many, many more popular vehicles.

Other features of the Defender LTX M/S 2 include:
  • An all-new tread pattern featuring deeper tread and stiffer tread blocks resists treadwear for long-lasting tread life.
  • Built to be as quiet as it is capable, the M/S2 features Michelin’s Piano Acoustic Tuning to smooth out tread disturbances and reduce energy peaks.
  • Boasting Michelin’s MaxTouch 2.0 Technology, every tire size is optimized for even stress distribution within the tire footprint, yielding extended tread life.
  • For adhesive grip in slippery conditions, it’s loaded up with SipeLock Technology, AKA hundreds of 3-D sipes that bite into water and light snow.
  • Those 3-D sipes also lock together during cornering maneuvers, as well as braking and accelerating, stabilizing the tread blocks for precise steering control.

Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 Treadwear & Warranty
If you know anything about the Michelin Defender nameplate, it’s probably for its unstoppable tread life. And the M/S 2 has been redesigned from the ground up to provide modern trucks and SUVs with even more tread life than ever before. With that in mind, P-metric sizes come backed by a 70,000-mile treadwear warranty, while LT (AKA light truck) tire sizes feature a 50,000-mile treadwear warranty.

For the driver who wants protection that goes beyond the mileage, consider our industry-leading tire protection coverage. If your new Michelin tires are damaged beyond safe repair, we’ll provide you with a brand new replacement tire—no questions asked.

You can add our Certificates in your cart!

As vehicles get bigger and more powerful, you need a tire that can handle it all, including foul weather, heavy loads and instant torque. That tire is the Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/michelin-defender-ltx-m-s2/p/126850
No sound deadening foam for that price, either.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Wonder if 21" size.

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Hmm... wonder if they'll have a 20" option too.
Looks like they already do have 20”, but not 21”. 275/65R20 is a 126R with E1 load range. Except for limiting you to just 106mph, that’s easily at the load specs.

looks like $370/tire plus installation costs in my area.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Looks like they already do have 20”, but not 21”. 275/65R20 is a 126R with E1 load range. Except for limiting you to just 106mph, that’s easily at the load specs.

looks like $370/tire plus installation costs in my area.
Are they the same ones as above? Or previous gen?

OP
OP

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
$500 a tire on that link
Well, the OEM Perilli is ~$479.00….maybe last 20k miles with no warranty. Michelin has a 50k warranty and are great about living up to it.

OP
OP

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Need these in the 21s. Then I can talk to some of my friends who work at the plant to make sure a set of 4 falls off a truck while it happens to be driving by my house 🤔

Moodyerdoc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure, 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Physician
Looks like the 22 defenders are now available on discount tire, $500 a pop, but $110 discount promo for a set of 4. This Puts them in line with the perelli's price-wise with the much better warranty and tread life on the michelins. Pretty sure I'll be ponying up for a set of these once the perelli's bite the dust.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

22s have an OD of 33" - is that different than the stocks?

Load rating and speed are better/worse respectively (though speed is still equal roughly to the limited top speed but you have zero margin)

Rivian R1T R1S New Michelin Defender LTX M/S2 coming soon 1684969879658
Sponsored