Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

I like the divider. I keep a bunch of recovery stuff under there I don't need much and then keep the dog seat cover up top and a storage bag thing I bought to keep stuff rolling all over the place. But only need to get at that recovery gear if in a bad situation so it is nice and out of may most of time.
Agreed, the divider comes in handy. Oh well, aftermarket vendors will be on this in a few weeks . . . .
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Agreed, the divider comes in handy. Oh well, aftermarket vendors will be on this in a few weeks . . . .
Its a pain though when you have a liner above and have to remove it each time...just put the stuff you hide under there under the second row in the R1T or the rear under storage in the R1S. Time to access is basically the same. My $.02

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Its a pain though when you have a liner above and have to remove it each time...just put the stuff you hide under there under the second row in the R1T or the rear under storage in the R1S. Time to access is basically the same. My $.02
I have that all full of stuff too. That is where I keep all my jobsite stuff...hard hat...steel toe boots...high vis vest.....

One of my favorite things about my R1T is I can hide all these things in places and then also use it to take clients out, take friends and family out, etc... and nobody knows all that stuff is still in the truck. I don't know of any other pick ups that can do this so well.

Sponsored

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Am I the only one that cant see any difference? Love the lighting theme. Probably will never have the time to mess with it, but nice.
It's also something people mess with once at the beginning and then no more... Unless there's special circumstances to keep changing every other drive.

Noplacelikeloam

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Creative management
Clubs

I didnt have my T during halloween. Can anyone share if the existing interior LED's have the ability to color change?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
I doubt it is larger. I have had mine out a dozen times looking for noises and things are packaged super close to those walls of the frunk. And bottom sits on structure so it can't get any deeper unless the redesigned the chassis.
A larger frunk may be possible if the refreshed HVAC system takes up less space.

TXKidd

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T pre-order
I didnt have my T during halloween. Can anyone share if the existing interior LED's have the ability to color change?
They sure do! Iā€™ve always wondered why this was only utilized once, with no control within the UI (although obviously not a super high priority item early on).

Rivian R1T R1S New Pics -- R1 Refresh Light Bar / Headlights / Frunk / Interior Lighting Themes! IMG_1714

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
I wonder how effective the ambient lighting change will be.

I didn't have my Rivian during the Halloween update, but just the plain white light is sooooo dim right now. Unless it is completely dark/black outside, you can't see much.

Very different than the ambient lighting you see in the new Mercedes vehicles.

Sponsored

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

The lighting was quite noticeable during the Halloween updates.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
It's also something people mess with once at the beginning and then no more... Unless there's special circumstances to keep changing every other drive.
100%. Yet people have been asking for ability to change both interior and exterior lighting colors since launch. Interior color that corresponds to drive modes could be useful, i think, but only at night. So, very limited in utility. IMO, overall, not a feature I would tinker with at all.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I love my frunk dividerā€” but I do like those rear pockets. Does it replace the front one? I canā€™t see it in the photo.

srnyoung

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 eGolf, '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Occupation
Teacher
Clubs

If there's a carseat in the back, it takes much longer to get in there...

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

100%. Yet people have been asking for ability to change both interior and exterior lighting colors since launch. Interior color that corresponds to drive modes could be useful, i think, but only at night. So, very limited in utility. IMO, overall, not a feature I would tinker with at all.
I agree that thereā€™s not much in the way of utility there. Iā€™m also glad to see it being added even though I may have mentioned it only once or twice. In my last car, Iā€™d change the lighting color based on the season or holiday, just for something different. One thing my last car did with this which bordered on providing a practical function: when you opened a door at night it would change the lighting on the open door to red. I supposed it served as a bit of a warning, but even that was a stretch. It seems a bit of a waste on our Rivians to have RGB lighting and mix to only white for the overwhelming majority of the year.

tl;dr I donā€™t need it but Iā€™m glad theyā€™re putting the hardware to use.

edit: grabbed too much text & typos
Sponsored