Sponsored

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
I still have not received an updated delivery window. My last window was April/May…
My guide just says they are working on my delivery estimate. But given the trend I’m guessing mine will be 2023. I’m pretty much the butt of every joke with my friends… “when pigs fly” has been replaced with “when Corey gets his Rivian”
Sponsored

RVXIAN

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Sales
Personally this makes sense I think Rivian will send out a few R1S models end of this year. It’s makes sense to push out R1T this year. I think they’ll hit 25-35k production this year. Batching will also make most sense for them. Same with line production switching from R1T to R1S. I have a feeling end of Q123 will be when R1S will start making it out to most reservation holders.

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

Personally this makes sense I think Rivian will send out a few R1S models end of this year. It’s makes sense to push out R1T this year. I think they’ll hit 25-35k production this year. Batching will also make most sense for them. Same with line production switching from R1T to R1S. I have a feeling end of Q123 will be when R1S will start making it out to most reservation holders.
If that's the case, Rivian should have staggered the delivery timeframe from the beginning. Instead they pull a stunt by delivering 2 last fall so they can claim they are starting to deliver R1S. Now to employees first (about the same phase of the production last fall for the R1T).

junkanoo

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Suburu Outback, R1S
Occupation
Supply Chain Planning
Got my update today. Was 4th Quarter ... now 1st Half of 2023.

No surprise at all. Particularly since my configuration is still for Ocean Toast.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

they really dont have to push out any R1S to customers in 2022 because they will be pushing them out to employees and they can say they started ramping deliveries. they pulled the same stunt end of 2021 by delivering the R1S to RJ and Claire.

I ordered 12/2018 and have the same update!!! 😡
wow so a Dec 2019 order holder and previous window of May/June is now 1st half 2023. is anyone still have a window this year?

Our expectations have been set by RIVIAN, time and time again. They are the ones that fail to meet their own deadlines and expectations.
and were still customers whether we have our vehicle or not. when we walk into a store, whether we buy or just look around, were still customers.

I only ever saw Rivian communicate "estimates," in terms of delivery windows. If you're forming rigid expectations based on language like that, I'm sorry but I think that's on you.

I get its a pain in the ass, and I'm really not here to shitpost, but my estimated delivery window was OCT-DEC 22, and I got my truck in May-- so from some peoples perspective Rivian's fulfillment expectation inaccuracy cuts in a very different, very pleasant way.

I don't want to tell others how to feel, but surely at this point, knowing everything we know about whats going on in the world, this industry, and Rivian specifically, if you aren't managing your expectations, again I say, "that's on you."
if you already have your truck, you really shouldn't be telling those that dont that its on us. come on

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
they really dont have to push out any R1S to customers in 2022 because they will be pushing them out to employees and they can say they started ramping deliveries. they pulled the same stunt end of 2021 by delivering the R1S to RJ and Claire.

wow so a Dec 2019 order holder and previous window of May/June is now 1st half 2023. is anyone still have a window this year?

and were still customers whether we have our vehicle or not. when we walk into a store, whether we buy or just look around, were still customers.

if you already have your truck, you really shouldn't be telling those that dont that its on us. come on
Definitely not what I said, and I fully admit I’m speaking from a privileged position.
I said it’s on him for believing what Rivian says; and it is.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Definitely not what I said, and I fully admit I’m speaking from a privileged position.
I said it’s on him for believing what Rivian says; and it is.
who are we supposed to believe if not Rivian, whatever their previous track record, we have nothing else to go on. are we supposed to be savvy enough to read between the lines, know what their supply chain issues really are and understand how hard production ramp up is? probably not. we'd expect Rivian to know that so that when they do communicate we can take them at their word. is it naive? maybe, but its not on us, its on Rivian.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
who are we supposed to believe if not Rivian, whatever their previous track record, we have nothing else to go on. are we supposed to be savvy enough to read between the lines, know what their supply chain issues really are and understand how hard production ramp up is? probably not. we'd expect Rivian to know that so that when they do communicate we can take them at their word. is it naive? maybe, but its not on us, its on Rivian.
that’s not how things work anymore; Rivian doesn’t mine the commodities and they don’t manufacture the components. When a vendor tells them we’ll have a pallet of modules on your dock in 3 months and they take 10 months to show up; that’s not really rivians fault.

I’m sorry for being the contrarian but at some point you’ve got to admit to yourself that nobody knows when your car is coming-Rivian included and get comfortable with being along for the ride, or move on.

I got lucky and I hope everyone else does too. But it’s not Rivians fault they can’t convince ppl to accept “we’re doing everything we can, we don’t know-here’s our best guess,” as an answer.

They’ve been very clear that they are estimates and until you hear from a guide and get into the 8 step process all bets are off.

For the r1s people that started the 8 steps. That’s truely on Rivian. They effed that one up.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

that’s not how things work anymore; Rivian doesn’t mine the commodities and they don’t manufacture the components. When a vendor tells them we’ll have a pallet of modules on your dock in 3 months and they take 10 months to show up; that’s not really rivians fault.

I’m sorry for being the contrarian but at some point you’ve got to admit to yourself that nobody knows when your car is coming-Rivian included and get comfortable with being along for the ride, or move on.

I got lucky and I hope everyone else does too. But it’s not Rivians fault they can’t convince ppl to accept “we’re doing everything we can, we don’t know-here’s our best guess,” as an answer.

They’ve been very clear that they are estimates and until you hear from a guide and get into the 8 step process all bets are off.

For the r1s people that started the 8 steps. That’s truely on Rivian. They effed that one up.
sorry but those are excuses

ok thanks for that pep talk. feel great now.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
When a vendor tells them we’ll have a pallet of modules on your dock in 3 months and they take 10 months to show up; that’s not really rivians fault.
It's not Rivian's fault. However. Not communicating to their customers that the parts didn't show up and they won't deliver when they said they were until the parts showed up (or when it was clear they would miss their windows) IS Rivian's fault. Most people are not angry with the delay itself. Most of us are angry that they keep inventing timelines and missing them (for communication even), failing to keep customers updated in a timely fashion (people who's window passed and were told every day up until the end that they were on track), and changing the prioritization of orders randomly.

I checked my emails from Nov/Dec because I was curious about this too. For my R1S LE email (November). The word "estimate" does not actually appear at all in the subject or body. The email clearly stated these were our delivery windows. Not *estimated* delivery windows. Straight up delivery windows. Interestingly - the R1T Adventure email I got in December was titled: "Your estimated delivery window" and mentions that in the body. So for LE holders - they actually never said it was an estimate. But then they changed their wording a month later. Clearly these were always estimates. But for any LE holder only....they were never told it was an estimate. Of course my updated R1S LE email today now says "estimate".

Sponsored

Sher

First Name
Sher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian LE R1S
Did all R1S LE reservations receive the same update or just the handful of us that never heard anything from the last update?

In other words, are there still a few members on track to take delivery of R1S LE this years?
It seems like the handful of preorder holders who did not hear anything from the last update, received the email today. So I received the email on Jun 11th for an Aug-Sep 2022 window and did not get the email today. With the whacky way Rivian has operated, it’ll be interesting if I see the R1S in 2022.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
sorry but those are excuses

ok thanks for that pep talk. feel great now.
If you want someone to make you feel great right now, you’re just begging to be lied to. Sorry.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
You own one and I don't so I can't speak from experience, but based on the overall "quality" of the builds I've seen on the various forums I'd say that's debatable. I haven't seen any issues pop up on the Lightning forums.
Rivian R1T R1S Next R1S delivery timeline update email coming July 1 - says customer service AC6D5250-2E8F-4A60-A83D-9C2757D306C2

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Can someone please find me that picture of the dented roofs being delivered? Can’t find it but saw it’s a thing. I’ll take a software fix for proper PSI of a tire over physical defects any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Sponsored