Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Wow. I like Kyle and his videos but if he ordered just a few weeks/months ago then this is again another example of unfairness.
He said he ordered ine when he was doing R1T testing earlier this yr
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

He said he ordered ine when he was doing R1T testing earlier this yr
Ok let’s say four months (and that might be generous). That is significantly faster than three plus years.

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
The configuration has to be just right to win the Rivian lottery.
I'm not sure this explains how people are jumping to the front of the line. This would only apply if the reservation que was much, much shorter.

Regardless of what configuration someone selects today, there are literally over a thousand other people with that exact configuration that have been waiting a very long time. Maybe if you pick a rare color you could get the number down into the hundreds, but there certainly aren't any configurations with zero other people waiting in line.

I'm quite confident that you will not find a single configuration that is somehow so unique nobody else in line has thought of it.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I need a new truck. Can all of y’all subscribe to my channel? KThxBye

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Ioniq 5, Lucid Air Touring
I could care less that a few YouTubers, Influencers, or whatever they are called jump the line. It's basically free advertising for Rivian. In the whole scheme of things it's probably a dozen trucks.

Rivian's poor communication and disorganized delivery schedule is the real problem.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Kyle has done for the community so I would say he is deserving. Rivian just needs to get these trucks out to people waiting for 3+ years

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

In the video, he said he didn't get it early because he's a YouTuber, but he definitely got it early because he's a YouTuber or at least has connections with the company. I don't mind, I enjoy his videos and we get to see more Rivian content.
My guess here is that he didn't ask for special treatment because he's an "influencer," but he definitely got special treatment. Its a difference between him asking for a favor and Rivian offering a favor, but the outcome is the same. Honestly can't blame Rivian all things considered.

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
I could care less that a few YouTubers, Influencers, or whatever they are called jump the line. It's basically free advertising for Rivian. In the whole scheme of things it's probably a dozen trucks.

Rivian's poor communication and disorganized delivery schedule is the real problem.
I disagree. They got/get their free advertising when they lend the Youtuber(s) a vehicle for a period of time to do a review. Letting someone jump ahead of everyone that have been waiting years is just showing a complete lack of respect for your customers.

Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
Thanks for sharing!
I appreciate your content and am not at all bitter that you got one early however own it... you got it early because of your YouTube content.

MadMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Tesla Model 3
Remember in the movie The Matrix the scene waiting for the Oracle: “…there is no spoon”?

Same here: “There is no line.”

I’m just going to eat a cookie as I show myself out.

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
My guess here is that he didn't ask for special treatment because he's an "influencer," but he definitely got special treatment. Its a difference between him asking for a favor and Rivian offering a favor, but the outcome is the same. Honestly can't blame Rivian all things considered.
In the video he said he did ask and they said no but then he talked to a guide he knew and they offered him this one.

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
Good to finally see a video of GW on FE. I think this is the only combo that I would settle for outside of my FG/OC.
Sponsored