Sponsored

Poll- Will the delivery updates release as promised (end of October?)

Will the delivery updates release as promised (end of October?)

• Total voters

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Slow process around here
so what's the next thing we can speculate on with no basis that will irk me?

price of eggs? the next big k-pop albumn?
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

so what's the next thing we can speculate on with no basis that will irk me?

price of eggs? the next big k-pop albumn?
Price of eggs is unsustainable... the next kpop album in 2027 due to their mandatory military service....see nothing but bad news

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I will say, that as far as members around here have reported, they are meeting their 2-3 month delivery windows.....for the most part.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Today is my birthday. I've been secretly hoping that today is the update day since the email came out a month ago.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My bet is we see this get rolled out Friday. Because the "configuration as of 10/16" was so specific I have a feeling they had their solution in place prior and ran it 10/17 with 10/16 data. And the fact that the cuts to the tonneau cover were noted as "does not impact" the delivery windows coming makes it sounds like its done. And they spent the rest of the time validating and getting ready to push out the updates to us via email or website.

As someone who has never gotten a delivery window (January 2022 pre-order) I'm very much looking forward to this as I have zero idea on delivery. Even a 6 month window would be huge for me.

Sponsored

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Price of eggs is unsustainable... the next kpop album in 2027 due to their mandatory military service....see nothing but bad news
Kpop did not start, nor will it end, with BTS. Gangnam Style rules forever..

OP
OP
mabowden

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
My bet is we see this get rolled out Friday. Because the "configuration as of 10/16" was so specific I have a feeling they had their solution in place prior and ran it 10/17 with 10/16 data. And the fact that the cuts to the tonneau cover were noted as "does not impact" the delivery windows coming makes it sounds like its done. And they spent the rest of the time validating and getting ready to push out the updates to us via email or website.

As someone who has never gotten a delivery window (January 2022 pre-order) I'm very much looking forward to this as I have zero idea on delivery. Even a 6 month window would be huge for me.
I'm secretly hoping that a lot of people left their tonneau option set to powered tonneau and they start prioritizing folks who have selected manual/ no tonneau.
OG Manual tonneau reservations for life!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Funny I was just checking this. As they say in software development: "Two more weeks". 🤣
1975 - "The Mythical Man Month"

"...assigning more programmers to a project running behind schedule will make it even later. This is because the time required for the new programmers to learn about the project and the increased communication overhead will consume an ever-increasing quantity of the calendar time available. When n people have to communicate among themselves, as n increases, their output decreases and when it becomes negative the project is delayed further with every person added.
  • Group intercommunication formula: n(n − 1)/2.
  • Example: 50 developers give 50 × (50 – 1)/2 = 1,225 channels of communication."

Rivian R1T R1S Poll- Will the delivery updates release as promised (end of October?) 1666811453124

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I'm secretly hoping that a lot of people left their tonneau option set to powered tonneau and they start prioritizing folks who have selected manual/ no tonneau.
OG Manual tonneau reservations for life!
I still have power Tonneau selected. I'm expecting it will get removed automatically soon and set to No Tonneau. At that point I'll go in and update to manual.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I think the tool will be rolled out. The real question is whether they will ever bother to update our delivery windows, or if they'll still reflect the same estimates we got in June.

I already translate "you're still on track for Oct-Dec" as "we haven't bothered to update our estimates since the last one," and I fear this will just automate that non-response.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

I believe they will provide this update sometime before I wake up on 11/1. Counting it as 10/31 will require a careful analysis of the time it's made available and the international date line.

Data will be available at the following levels of granularity:
2022ish
1st Half 2023
2nd Half 2023
2024 or later

moondog417

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, R1S
Occupation
Education
My specific prediction:
Email apology will come out 10/31 between 4pm-midnight Pacific
Actual update to accounts will roll out 11/7

The longer this goes on the more competitors will be available. Mercedes just sent me an email to configure an EQB. I forgot about that upcoming option or that I even signed up for updates. I figured I’d have an R1S by now. 5/1/21 preorder. Still want the R1S, but can’t wait much longer for a 6-7 seat car.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
I agree, Not jaded to the point of some of the 4+ years people..

But the communication of this company... Its like calling the IRS and expecting a positive outcome!

But its one of those things, you know the answer.. And you talk to someone at Rivian to verify the answer, and either they deny it, or say something completely different than an actual truth.

I swear the think we are all a bunch of 4 year olds begging for some candy.. I dont know about you, I am not that stupid.
I know it's a joke, but I had some tax confusion and the IRS was actually really nice and it worked out very well. I was surprised based on the stories I've heard.

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
My specific prediction:
Email apology will come out 10/31 between 4pm-midnight Pacific
Actual update to accounts will roll out 11/7

The longer this goes on the more competitors will be available. Mercedes just sent me an email to configure an EQB. I forgot about that upcoming option or that I even signed up for updates. I figured I’d have an R1S by now. 5/1/21 preorder. Still want the R1S, but can’t wait much longer for a 6-7 seat car.
If it makes you feel better, I'm 3/19 preorder.
Sponsored