First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Not to add more fuel to a forest fire, but is anyone else slightly annoyed that Rivian chose to announce the dual motor, smaller battery pack, and more customization at the very SAME TIME they hiked the prices on their most loyal fans at least 20% in most cases?

I would be totally thrilled if downgrading to a dual motor with a manual tonneau still kept me close to my estimated price, but even that was an 11% increase. Really bad PR, Rivian.:no:
Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I wanted the 5 seats, not 7, for extra cargo space. Does anyone know if those rear seats fold flat to the floor? I'm probably out and on to the F-150.
Rear seats fold flat to the floor. No specs as to volume difference, but the USABLE extra cargo space is probably very minimal.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, this price jump is insane. I don't even have the exact configuration (skipped the upgraded underbody shield), and it's $16,000 more.

This is absurd. They are going to lose a lot of preorder holders with a price jump this massive.

Edit: Roughly the same price jump for the R1S I have configured, too. That's a price jump of an entire extra car for both vehicles.
Roughly the price of one Maverick.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Dont try to defend Rivian. Unless you are a shill for the company. Im sorely disappointed in this company. They Have severely damaged their reputation. Unless they honor their prices or at least walk it back a fair amount they are done
Don't need to defend Rivian but you sound like a Tesla shill, so maybe you should defend yourself.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Not to add more fuel to a forest fire, but is anyone else slightly annoyed that Rivian chose to announce the dual motor, smaller battery pack, and more customization at the very SAME TIME they hiked the prices on their most loyal fans at least 20% in most cases?

I would be totally thrilled if downgrading to a dual motor with a manual tonneau still kept me close to my estimated price, but even that was an 11% increase. Really bad PR, Rivian.:no:
SAME. I was totally contemplating a dual motor R1S to save some money. Noooope. That's not what happened today.

Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I felt like the truck as priced yesterday repented a ridiculously good value.
I completely agree with this and I am not shocked that they increased prices.

II still think it represents good value relative to what else is available, but that doesn't mean it's approachable for everyone even if the value is good.
I disagree when I factor in that this is a startup with no established track record for quality, reliability, and competent service. That factors into value for me.

If I'm interpreting their messaging correctly, my config price will jump from $79,925 to $97,275 or roughly a 22% increase. If this were an established manufacturer getting stellar reviews as Rivian did then maybe this would make more sense to me.

This value proposition is made worse with a first-year vehicle. The likelihood of improvements in the design, features, and/or build quality combined with the possibility of change in state of the art battery and charging tech will probably make the first year vehicles have a noticeably lower resale value than subsequent years.

Oh, and if the pricing change disqualifies the Rivian for the tax credit then my effective price jumps from $72,425 to $97,275. I'm not sure I can justify that 34% price increase using any rational part of my brain.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
You've got to be in the market to have a chance at a 10% share.....this just made it harder for them to gain a solid footing which is what the R1's were supposed to do.
Clearly this is something that irritates current reservation holders but it won't impact Rivian's long term viability.

Gabe1aron

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
If they had to make this decision, then they must really be in financial dire straits or company ethics just got thrown out the window. Either way, idiotic move!!! Really insultingly dumb gesture to early supporters.
THIS!

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Not defending Rivian, but there always was a disclaimer that pricing wasn't final or guaranteed. Lick your wounds, decide if you want to stay or get your $1000 back and move on.

Last edited:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Rivian R1T R1S R1T & R1S Updated Pricing, Configuration, Specs. Dual Motor Now Available F6F03CED-3BC6-4DEC-AD3F-26F1764C5269

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

To be fair legally as they said pricing is subject to change. Nothing more, its a transaction like a hooker, you got fucked, just hit that cancel button.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Is a bit sad though - so many people that have poured hours into these forums, excitement and their signatures of indication on delivery timelines all gone in a swift decision.
Sponsored