Sponsored
OP
OP

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
I kinda wish Rivian would send out a monthly email with the new stations they have added, and are active.
They do. They list all newly opened RAN and Service Centers in the monthly Let's Go email newsletter.

February, for example:

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 10.24.39 AM
Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
They do. They list all newly opened RAN and Service Centers in the monthly Let's Go email newsletter.

February, for example:

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 10.24.39 AM.png
All of us should thank you A, no joke, for this thread and your efforts. I know we will probably never meet, but I am thankful for you.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Per the app, Holyoke, MA is now open. Nine stalls. New England is coming together!

IMG_8253.jpeg
Confirmed the address is 45 Holyoke St, Holyoke Mass. There is a red robin and a starbucks but the starbucks is closed on weekends. Also a Barnes and noble so if you are there when open and time to kill you could always read.

Shnork

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan rouge , Subaru Legacy
Occupation
pA
wohoo been waiting to have another option off the mass Pike when traveling to Boston and back

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

February, for example:

Screenshot 2024-03-21 at 10.24.39 AM.png
Maybe I haven't been paying close attention to them since most of them are pretty far from me, and I probably won't use them. And now I care since they are opening chargers I would have used on trips I've taken in the last year. Obviously more chargers are better, but locations in California really don't affect me, and being selfish, I want more Mid-Atlantic and New England.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T MB/BM, 2023 Tesla model X.
Occupation
MD

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
So, I charged at the Newburgh NY location. TLDR: When they get the quirks worked out it will be amazing.

Separately, I have AT 20 (snow tires right now), and was tracking in conserve - 129 kw in I am at 318.5 miles, admittedly in pretty ideal weather, but that included going from about sea level, up to 2,500 feet, and back down. I believe the large pack from my Launch Edition has between 130 and 131 kw usable. EPA rated 270 miles (haha). I love the under promise, over deliver.

DETAIL

My experience: Wasted 20-30 minutes going through resets and changing my payment information. Then the tech got Rivian to do some kind of reset on the charger end. Then, there was amazement, plugged in around 40% state of charge immediately charged at 203k (520 miles per hour), held to 180, and as this was just a test (I did not need the range), I stopped in 7 minutes, at 23.9 plus kw, so like 45-50 miles in 6 minutes! Pretty sweet.

For anyone using the charger, 1A and 1B could not be 'seen' by Rivian (the first two I tried), so I would avoid those two. I switched to 2B, they finally reset it on their end, and boom, easy charge. Before that they made me:

1. Change payment method in app
2. Reset car
3. Reset my display.

I expect steps 1-3 were irrelevant. You have to get your service tech to tell them to check on the backend if you have an issue, which causes them to send some kind of reset.

The one major disappointing part is that I almost never have failures charging, including EA and Tesla magic dock. Oh well. It has only been live for two days.
Charged on 2B at Newburgh RAN station last night in 27 degrees and it was plug and play. It was at 127kw for a few minutes at 13% (this may have been due to my battery state of charge) and then ramped up quickly. 13% to 83% inf 44 minutes (not it gets slow toward 80 (60 kw) and then very slow (40kw) after 80. Very impressed.

In late April I will be at the Holyoke Mass station. BTW, it looks like Holyoke has food and drink options from like 5 am to 10 pm within 5 minutes of walking, so that is great.

Sponsored

DeafPug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Not sure if this was updated but it looks like the Wichita Kansas RAN is installed and just needs city equipment. https://www.kansas.com/news/busines...WXPh-PHDT_mbYiIcqU5ItxCpzx0L95dIgudkIk1zawlrg
IMG_2354.jpeg
Someone that read the article in the paper mentioned it to me on Thursday, but the only charging stations I knew about were at the car dealers about a mile south of the REI. After seeing the note here, I stopped by the Wichita site an hour ago. Looks like it’s waiting on: the utility transformer, the electric meter, terminating the wires in the main power distribution cabinet.

Since the picture for the newspaper was taken, the trash has been cleaned up and the pedestals have been covered up.

The pad for the transformer is there and the meter panel is installed. Main thing it’s waiting on is the transformer and generally, Evergy (electric utility) is pretty prompt on those. I peeked inside the corral with the RAN hardware and noted a dozen large wires from the transformer pad that need terminating.

Stalls are marked as general parking for 45 minutes, but this is located around the west side of the REi building, so should have limited icing. 5 pull-in parking stalls and one pull-through to the side marked as “priority for vehicles with trailer”.

The nearby interchange at Greenwich and K-96 is fairly busy for Wichita standards and can take a few minutes to navigate.

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps IMG_3037

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps IMG_3033

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps IMG_3035

Rivian R1T R1S RAN Rivian Charging Stations Locations Map via Google Maps IMG_3034

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Someone that read the article in the paper mentioned it to me on Thursday, but the only charging stations I knew about were at the car dealers about a mile south of the REI. After seeing the note here, I stopped by the Wichita site an hour ago. Looks like it’s waiting on: the utility transformer, the electric meter, terminating the wires in the main power distribution cabinet.

Since the picture for the newspaper was taken, the trash has been cleaned up and the pedestals have been covered up.

The pad for the transformer is there and the meter panel is installed. Main thing it’s waiting on is the transformer and generally, Evergy (electric utility) is pretty prompt on those. I peeked inside the corral with the RAN hardware and noted a dozen large wires from the transformer pad that need terminating.

Stalls are marked as general parking for 45 minutes, but this is located around the west side of the REi building, so should have limited icing. 5 pull-in parking stalls and one pull-through to the side marked as “priority for vehicles with trailer”.

The nearby interchange at Greenwich and K-96 is fairly busy for Wichita standards and can take a few minutes to navigate.

IMG_3037.jpeg

IMG_3033.jpeg

IMG_3035.jpeg

IMG_3034.jpeg
Unlikely this is functional by April 5th or 9th, but man would it be nice if it was. I'm headed down to the Dallas area for the eclipse and sounds like the local EA site isn't in great condition. I'm surprised it isn't even listed on PlugShare yet as a Coming Soon site.

Nourse Farm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian RIT
Does anyone have information on the new charging site in West Lebanon NH? I'm also planning to see the eclipse (weather permitting), but concerned that the charging infrastructure will be completely overwhelmed with the traffic. Having a dedicated charging site half way between me (MA) and the eclipse (northern VT), would be ideal....

ElectrifiedOverland

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Porsche 911, Mercedes ML350
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

Does anyone have information on the new charging site in West Lebanon NH? I'm also planning to see the eclipse (weather permitting), but concerned that the charging infrastructure will be completely overwhelmed with the traffic. Having a dedicated charging site half way between me (MA) and the eclipse (northern VT), would be ideal....

I'm watching for the same exact thing. The EA in West Lebanon is a disaster and the RAN there will be a lifesaver if it's open in time.
Sponsored