Sponsored

Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I would think the same system would sound different in two different vehicles.

Is there anything stopping people from upgrading the systems after market. I mean if you all are such audiophiles, I would assume you would want to build your system around your preferences.
Sponsored

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
January build on our T Late Feb delivery no frunk 12v, 12v under dash, Meridian system labeled as such on the Monroney… Happy to trade the 12v for the Meridian system I’m pleased with its performance. I have no comparison of the new system but would be just as upset as the OP in the case he was not told anything at time of delivery…

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Rivian baits and switches all the time, both at sales time and with “it’s within spec.” at service time. Really? Where is this spec.? Show me any advertised photo of a Rivian with panel gaps like mine has. They really have no sense of ethics. The FTC needs to bring down the hammer.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Rivian baits and switches all the time, both at sales time and with “it’s within spec.” At service time. Really? Where is this spec.? Show me any advertised photo of a Rivian with panel gaps like mine has. They really have no sense of ethics. The FTC needs to bring down the hammer.
Sure, right after they go after every single other auto manufacturer. Like maybe starting with Tesla and FSD?

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Sure, right after they go after every single other auto manufacturer. Like maybe starting with Tesla and FSD?
Definitely start with Tesla! They’re beyond the pale. Doesn’t excuse Rivian, of course.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
People keep using the term “bait and switch” like they did not sign this agreement:

1. No Obligations
Each Preorder you submit for a Vehicle acts as a deposit for a future purchase of the Vehicle. You are under no obligation to purchase a Vehicle from us, and we are under no obligation to supply you with a Vehicle.

These Terms do not constitute an agreement for the sale of a Vehicle and do not lock in pricing, a firm production slot, a firm delivery date, or specific Vehicle configuration. To complete the purchase or lease of a Vehicle, you will need to execute Rivian’s standard final Rivian Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement (“Final Sales Agreement”) which will include additional terms and conditions, including the final price sheet for the vehicle you ultimately select (“Your Selected Vehicle”). The Final Sales Agreement may be made with another Rivian entity. Additional payment for Your Selected Vehicle, including taxes and other governmental fees, will be required at that time.

7. Vehicle Configuration and Battery Range
You understand that we may not have completed the development of the Vehicle or begun manufacturing the Vehicle at the time of your Preorder and specifications are subject to change at any time. You understand battery range and other available features have not yet been determined and may change, even after features are announced. By agreeing to these Terms, you represent and warrant to us that you understand that the Vehicle configuration may change prior to execution of any Final Sales Agreement.
By signing that you are acknowledging that you understand you are not being promised a SPECIFIC VEHICLE CONFIGURATION. So stop whining about everything and if you dislike Rivian the company or Rivian the vehicle so much you are free to cancel your order or sell your vehicle and be done with it.

Then you can go get on a waiting list for a Ford Lightning Platinum and receive no communications except for the multiple price increases and to tell you they removed several features that make it a “Platinum” until your truck is at the dealer, who decides they want to charge you even more because they can.

Enjoy.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I received my R1T last week - the Monroney doesn't say anything about the sound system. The speaker grills do say Meridian on them, which is consistent with them keeping Meridian until February (mine was built in December).
Interesting these are off the pics from Cars and Bids, 2023 R1S from 12/22 and 1/23, they both have it. Not sure what I did with mine still looking for it. I see it on a couple of R1Ts as well.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system 26F11C5F-E18D-4713-AFFB-C17B70D34999
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system 9541BF0B-9D12-4EEF-B8A6-97EB529D3E23

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Interesting these are off the pics from Cars and Bids, 2023 R1S from 12/22 and 1/23, they both have it. Not sure what I did with mine still looking for it. I see it on a couple of R1Ts as well.
26F11C5F-E18D-4713-AFFB-C17B70D34999.jpeg
9541BF0B-9D12-4EEF-B8A6-97EB529D3E23.jpeg
I suspect Monroneys printed after a certain date don’t show the sound system. Even though I have a 12/22 build, the Monroney has a 3/23 date.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I suspect Monroneys printed after a certain date don’t show the sound system. Even though I have a 12/22 build, the Monroney has a 3/23 date.
Sounds logical. Hope you enjoy the truck!!

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian baits and switches all the time, both at sales time and with “it’s within spec.” at service time. Really? Where is this spec.? Show me any advertised photo of a Rivian with panel gaps like mine has. They really have no sense of ethics. The FTC needs to bring down the hammer.
Legal Definition of Bait and Switch :

A “bait and switch” takes place when a seller creates an appealing but ingenuine offer to sell a product or service, which the seller does not actually intend to sell.

Regarding Meridian, by the above definition, that was not a Bait and Switch, because they genuinely sold tens of thousands with Meridian as intended. The Meridian delete was a spec change, which as @COdogman points out, we all acknowledged and agreed to in our sales agreement.

A vehicle photo is bait and switch because you have different panel gaps? That's a stretch. If it was an advertisement photo close up with a caliper showing the dimension, perhaps. But in any event, you had a 7 day return period to call them out on your panel gap bait and switch theory.

I highly doubt the FTC would consider any action against Rivian for anything they have done.

Sponsored

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Here's my sticker dated 2/23/23
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian confirms no Meridian Sound System in my R1S. It has in-house audio system Screenshot_20230327-210730

1EVR1T

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It’s amazing the things some people will complain about. Anyone who’s an early adopter should recognize the trade off they’re making in order to get a product early - not all things are going to be perfect. I suggest you either enjoy driving your amazing truck and learn to accept the little issues or sell it and go buy a BMW.

I for one have accepted that not everything on my truck is perfect - that doesn’t stop me from appreciating the marvel of engineering that it is and the privilege I have to drive it everyday. A company that puts out a vehicle as amazing as an R1T is not running a bait and switch scheme on stereo speakers.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Just out of curiosity, is this in-house sound system the one that was originally designed for the Explore trim that obviously no longer exist? If so, Rivian did try to charge a premium for the Meridian name if these two systems do indeed performed similarly.

GR

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Just out of curiosity, is this in-house sound system the one that was originally designed for the Explore trim that obviously no longer exist? If so, Rivian did try to charge a premium for the Meridian name if these two systems do indeed performed similarly.

GR
Unlikely. That was an intentionally inferior system.
Sponsored