First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Financial Services
The OEM Rivian Wipers are made by Mitsuba and you can replace just the rubber inserts. They are 10mm wide. I got these, the passenger side is an inch longer but still works fine. They come deformed from shipping and had to soak them in hot water to get them straight. Overall way cheaper than replacing the entire wiper blade.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BFCNFGW?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details#customerReviews
Thanks for finding this. Seems to be a good alternative solution. The beam part of the blade should be good through several pairs of inserts - cheaper and less waste.

Long gone are the days when one could go into AutoZone and buy just the rubber inserts. I miss that to some extent, but I certainly don’t miss trying to install the old style rubber insert with the two metal strips on either side, running it down through all of the brackets
Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Mine have worked well. I haven't had to use them often (southern Arizona), but after ten months of ownership, they are still working well (we had several rainy days recently). I bought a pair from Amazon, recently, to have on hand, but the original blades are still fine.
come on...you're in southern arizona....have you even used the wipers more than 10 times in 10 mos.......some of us have to use them nearly daily!

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Is it just me being dumb and missed this? How long have they been selling blades on their site?

IMG_1916.jpeg
Not such a bad price. I paid more than that for the PIAA SI-TECH silicone blades on Amazon (recommended by other Rivian owners). I haven't had to install them, yet, since the original blades still work fine.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

come on...you're in southern arizona....have you even used the wipers more than 10 times in 10 mos.......some of us have to use them nearly daily!
No, you're right - there haven't been 10 rainy days in the ten plus months I've owned it. But the sun can be hard on wiper blades. And they still work as well, I'd say, as they did initially... I think better than whatever wiper blades I've purchased from Costco or other stores for my previous vehicles. Maybe regular use on windows with frost or snow would tear them up. Or maybe running them an hour or more per day would wear them out faster than other wipers.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Mine only leave one streak.....but it is right in the middle of my vision. I bought a set of Michelin blades at Costco a while back. Haven't installed them yet. I have tried Bosch Icons, RainX and others on past vehicles. They all seem to last about the same if you take care of them.
Sponsored