First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Ask your questions, but please don't bomb them with "where's my truck" and "what configuration should I switch to" those obviously won't be help to a the general customer base and will just devalue the AMA.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Only question on my mind right now is "Why is the vampire drain so terrible and when are you going to fix it?"

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Only question on my mind right now is "Why is the vampire drain so terrible and when are you going to fix it?"
Good q (if rephrased). Mine were battery precondtioning, if charging throttling is just software refinement, and if motortrend was misinformed about 300kw fast charging as an OTA for current gen R1T.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

OP
OP
SeaGeo

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Forgive my ignorance but what does IG AMA stand for?
Sorry. Instagram. Ask me anything.

They're doing a Q&A on their Instagram story.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Link?

I want to know if people who were given 2023H1 estimates because of "Max pack" and who have switched to Large will be given 2022 estimates? Or are we stuck in the 2023 group?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Link?

I want to know if people who were given 2023H1 estimates because of "Max pack" and who have switched to Large will be given 2022 estimates? Or are we stuck in the 2023 group?
Good question. I thought max pack was 2H 2023 with Explore starting in 1H 2023. We will know more by June when the revised dates comes out.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I asked a few questions (not optimistic but why not 🙃):
  • Will we see cab-height bed racks for the R1T?
  • Can the bed cam be added to the center display options while driving?
  • Can the side cameras be added to the binnacle display when the turn signal is activated?
  • Will current-generation vehicles support 300kW charging?
  • Will current-generation vehicles support V2H/V2G?

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I asked when they would show on their website service center locations as well as when additional hubs will open.

When and how will we see responses?

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Questions I asked

Are current models able to be software updated to allow for more than the current 1500W limit on outlets?

Will any current storage areas in large pack models be compromised by the larger Max Pack battery?

What DATE can we expect an interior tour of the R1S? (expecting a SOON response)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Good question. I thought max pack was 2H 2023 with Explore starting in 1H 2023. We will know more by June when the revised dates comes out.
I was given a 2023H1 estimate with my max pack reservation. Looking at other people's delivery windows who reserved around the same time as me but with Large packs, it seems June/July 2022 was where I likely would have been slotted, otherwise.

Even if the final schedule isn't generated, yet, it'd be nice to hear what Rivian's position is... Are we being kept in the 2023 group, since that's the only estimate we were given? Or are we being re-bundled based on our current config?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3, SC Bronson
Occupation
Product Development
I was given a 2023H1 estimate with my max pack reservation. Looking at other people's delivery windows who reserved around the same time as me but with Large packs, it seems June/July 2022 was where I likely would have been slotted, otherwise.

Even if the final schedule isn't generated, yet, it'd be nice to hear what Rivian's position is... Are we being kept in the 2023 group, since that's the only estimate we were given? Or are we being re-bundled based on our current config?
This 1000%

We were messing with our config that day exploring the maxpack and explore package side of things when our config was pulled. Been R1T adventure before and after that day, but still sitting with 2H 2023 date.
Sponsored