Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
QA
Hi,
I just thought I'd post my service ticket for the front end clicking noise I've had since new.
I took it in a month after I got the R1T for this, they said it was normal noise but they improved it somewhat at that time.
The noise continued, I made a service appointment a couple months ago and got a loaner R1T, it was pretty silent and made my truck seem very loud.
That truck had 2k miles on it, mine had 29k at the time of the service.
The truck is very quiet now and I'm happy they took care of some other issues as well.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

djsider2

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The relevant sections:

Concern:

• Customer stated clicking/squeaking noise at low speeds, especially loud outside of vehicle.

Cause:

• Found the ting washers installed in the vehicle to have corroded and worn down due to lack of lubricant. The technician replaced the washers with new ones, and lubricated them to resolve the noise and prevent any further noise.

Correction/Remedy:

• Front Suspension Other Labor (0.5 Hours)
  • Noise Vibration and Harshness General Diagnostic- Install washers on 4 halfshafts

• =============

Concern:

• Customer states: loud clicking/squeaking noises from the front end when pressing on gas pedal reported 11/06/2023 11:53:38 ET

Cause:

• The technician found the subframe to have an internal defect, causing a clicking noise whenturning or going over bumps.

Correction/Remedy:

• Control Arm, Lower, Front, LH, 2nd Generation Subframe (Remove and Replace)
  • Control Arm, Lower, Front, RH, 2nd Generation Subframe (Remove and Replace)
  • Hub, Front, LH (Remove and Replace)
  • Hub, Front, RH (Remove and Replace)
  • Subframe Assembly, Front (Remove and Replace)
  • Noise Vibration and Harshness General Diagnostic- Alignment, Four Wheel, Check and Adjust

tate16t

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Granite R1S
Occupation
Car Enthusiast
I experience clicking when the accelerator pedal is pressed or when lifting up off it. The clicking can be felt in the pedal. I will listen to see if I hear clicking/squeaking outside the vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: