chanuvarma

First Name
Chanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Mine is 2023 R1S, do I have to be worried? I never heard sounds like this in Tesla and that's why I am concerned
Sponsored

RIV206

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 R1S, '23 Model Y
Clubs

Like others said, sounds like your A/C and is normal. Turn it off and check

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Mine is a 23 and it doesn't make that noise. Not saying it's not normal. I'd call it in.

SPITmadFIRE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S DPM Max Pack 20" AT
2024 R1S and I get similar AC noises, turn off the AC and it'll stop. This only happens when the vehicle is parked and warm as far as I can tell which makes sense as there's no airflow through the heat exchanger.

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Mine is 2023 R1S, do I have to be worried? I never heard sounds like this in Tesla and that's why I am concerned
The AC compressors on these trucks only sound like that after a long fast charge or 100 degree plus temps. I’d get it looked at.

Jimbydude

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2016 Honda Civic
Like others said, sounds like your A/C and is normal. Turn it off and check
That doesn't sound normal to me. Granted I've got R1T but if it made that noise i would open a ticket.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
I’d normally say it’s the AC compressor but usually they’re a little bit higher pitched - it almost sounds like the air suspension compressor but I would still open the ticket.

Even if it is the AC compressor - it’s been an ongoing thing that these cars AC compressors are loud af.

Tr4ckD4ys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

Mine sounds like that too. With this truck, more so than with other vehicles, I’ve chosen to not worry about anything until the truck gives me a warning light.

Upland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

sounds like my 2022 R1T. AC noise I think. As others have said, any vehicle makes noise and as long as you do not have any warning lights I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy the vehicle..

Sponsored

OP
OP
chanuvarma

chanuvarma

First Name
Chanu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

s others have said, any vehicle makes noise and as long as you do not have any warning lights I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy the vehicle..
Ok, But, you recommend not to raise a ticket and get it checked?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
If the cabin AC is working fine and there are no BMS warning messages, I would not open a ticket just for this. The volume may be louder than you expect but there is nothing there that sounds like it requires service.

If you're worried about this, you're in for a real treat when the radiator fan kicks into high this summer.

mkc1378

First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I can't tell from the video how loud it is, but it sounds like the ac compressor working. I did have an issue where the ac compressor noise was really loud by the passenger area and I brought it in for service. It turned out there was a loose wire next to the compressor causing the racket. So, just take it in for service and they'll let you know if its normal or not.