First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Finding 1 other person who says the same thing happened to them is far too small a sample size to rule out user error as the cause of 1 or all examples of this. Based on the description of what happened it seems far more likely this was just a mistake made by the driver (still learning one pedal driving? Accidentally hit both pedals?) than some sort of malfunction.

No one is saying it didn't happen - just that it is far more likely the driver is the cause vs the truck. This reminds me of the guy who rolled his R1T in a field and implied it was the truck's fault.

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

? I must be missing an update. Current version is 2022.47.0
.2 fixes some bugs that not everyone has. Probably due to hardware differences.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

At the time, I set the Regenerative Brake to High. I reversed slowly and stopped by putting off the accelerator. I put my foot on the brake (I don't think that I pushed hard) and then tried to accelerate slowly.
foot on the brake and then press accelerator - isn't that "launch mode"? ;)

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
A lot of conjecture on this thread. It will all come down to what rivian finds in the logs and if they will honestly admit to an issue like this, if it exists!

Even if there is a safety issue here, they can easily not admit to anything and patch a fix!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Highly unlikely. That’s a surefire way to go out of business.
It has happened with multiple auto manufacturers, in the past, and they don't go out of business. A celebrity died when their FCA vehicle rolled over. They're still around. Multiple people died because an ignition key cylinder had a detent spring that was too weak (under spec). GM engineers knew about it but they decided a recall was more expensive than paying out the expected lawsuits so they let people drive the vehicles, anyway.

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

It has happened with multiple auto manufacturers, in the past, and they don't go out of business. A celebrity died when their FCA vehicle rolled over. They're still around. Multiple people died because an ignition key cylinder had a detent spring that was too weak (under spec). GM engineers knew about it but they decided a recall was more expensive than paying out the expected lawsuits so they let people drive the vehicles, anyway.
Good points. But… there’s rampant speculation here. I’ll wait of a full report back from the OP before bringing out the pitchfork.

Sponsored

OP
OP

heekim1

First Name
Heeshin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX300h
Occupation
software engineer
I do not trust Regen Brake. I don t like to depend on that.

OP
OP

heekim1

First Name
Heeshin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX300h
Occupation
software engineer
How can I explain the moment or the inside? Maybe you may explain any incident on you.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I do not trust Regen Brake. I don t like to depend on that.
Didn't you say you had regen set on high? If you don't like it and prefer to use your foot brake more, then setting it to low would probably be better.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Multiple people died because an ignition key cylinder had a detent spring that was too weak (under spec).
That's crazy. When I was a youngster I worked on a manufacturing line that made ignition sets and I worked the detent machine specifically. It was considered the most dangerous machine to work and required the most skilled operator on that specific line. The actual mechanism of the machine had a habit of removing or degloving the fingers of the unwary. The assembly before the machine stamps it all into place is incredibly fiddly, and the springs themselves were a nightmare. No wider than a small thumbnail and constantly tangled. We had little mechancial vibrators that shook them constantly to help keep them from tangling, but the ability of the line worker to get them out efficiently was basically what determined how fast the entire line moved.

It was a lot of stress, but also paid better than any other position on the line :)

EDIT: I hope I didn't get anyone killed :(

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Didn't you say you had regen set on high? If you don't like it and prefer to use your foot brake more, then setting it to low would probably be better.
To be fair, that setting is only available in Snow Mode.
Sponsored