Sponsored

Switched to Adventure Package - Delivery Window?

njech7

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Porsche Cayenne Manual
Occupation
Sales
I have a Feb, 21 original order with an Explorer package. I finally decided to upgrade to the Adventure package and made that change a few weeks ago. For folks who made a similar move, when did Rivian update your configuration with a delivery window?
Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I have a Feb, 21 original order with an Explorer package. I finally decided to upgrade to the Adventure package and made that change a few weeks ago. For folks who made a similar move, when did Rivian update your configuration with a delivery window?
They are reaching out in the end of May with updated delivery timelines that should answer your question.

oh wait...

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
They are reaching out in the end of May with updated delivery timelines that should answer your question.

oh wait...
No, Tony's exact statements were:

"For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations. If you’re flexible on certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner."

"In the coming weeks, we will email updated delivery estimates to all preorder holders."

There was never a statement that updated delivery estimates would be provided by the end of May. Obviously they can't update delivery estimates without first gauging preferences so that would have to happen after May.

However, given this communication was sent late April, Tony really should have stated the updated delivery estimates would be "in the coming months" to better manage everyone's expectations.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

No, Tony's exact statements were:

"For preorder holders with a delivery window in 2022, we will be reaching out in late May to gauge your preferences and help further inform our build combinations. If you’re flexible on certain options, you may be able to take delivery sooner."

"In the coming weeks, we will email updated delivery estimates to all preorder holders."

There was never a statement that updated delivery estimates would be provided by the end of May. Obviously they can't update delivery estimates without first gauging preferences so that would have to happen after May.

However, given this communication was sent late April, Tony really should have stated the updated delivery estimates would be "in the coming months" to better manage everyone's expectations.
Tony never said which year....

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
04/2020 preorder max pack(changed to lg pack minutes after RJ shoved max pack to 2023 in late dec 2021) Delivery window STILL 1st half 2023 . Seems NO ORDERS SHOVED into the 2023 window are being contacted. We need Guides to be assigned to be recognized....as we watch orders from 2018 to 2020 being neglected!

Sponsored

OP
OP

njech7

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Thanks yorty. I'm still not expecting mine tomorrow, but I figured I'd update my truck to give myself the best possibility of getting one this year. Normally, I know I'd not be still really near the front of the line, but if I'm still 2023, it would be nice to know that. Hopefully folks waiting a long time start to get their trucks!!

dazdanq

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Adventure; Subaru Impreza 2018
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

04/2020 preorder max pack(changed to lg pack minutes after RJ shoved max pack to 2023 in late dec 2021) Delivery window STILL 1st half 2023 . Seems NO ORDERS SHOVED into the 2023 window are being contacted. We need Guides to be assigned to be recognized....as we watch orders from 2018 to 2020 being neglected!
My config was originally slated for Q1 2023 but I took delivery in early may. My config was fairly common tho, FG BM 21 roads.

yorty

First Name
marko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 ram 1500 4x4/Winnebago Vista 28
Occupation
retired
My config was originally slated for Q1 2023 but I took delivery in early may. My config was fairly common tho, FG BM 21 roads.
Congratulations !

WantARivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Congratulations. By changing from Explore to Adventure, you have atleast made sure that you are ordering something Rivian is planning to build. I moved from Explore-dual motor to adventure-dual motor (R1S). But, given Rivian's pace and level of transparency, I think it would be many many more months before I even hear if Rivian would do a dual-motor.
I ordered post price increase, and unfortunately, this is the max I could even stretch.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Thinking of sending this to Rivian, they seem to need instructions on how to handle windows

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
A 2023 delivery is fine by me. It gives Rivian some time to iron the kinks and refine the assembly line. I am hoping to be in the 15-20k VIN range.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I doubt changing from Explore to Adventure now will do anything to change your window. But it does at least put your ticket in the lottery tumbler where they seem to be drawing names from these days. Their initial guidance when they delayed the max pack was that anyone with an order from 2018 or 2019 would get the option of changing to a large pack to get a truck in 2022. That at least implied those of us with later than 2019 orders would not be able to get a large pack this year if we switched. We now know that is not true, but it has only been a few so far. They never said anything about making the same promise to 18 and 19 orders on Explore trims switching to Adventure though. At least you know there was a 0% chance of getting an Explore trim this year. Changing to Adventure probably puts you a bit north of 0%, but still might have a few 0's after that decimal point.

OP
OP

njech7

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
I ultimately am fine to wait, but figured I'd at least give my self a shot. I'm more interested to just have an estimate on the window that I thought folks in the potential running to see a truck in 2022 got. As I see the different threads about delivery windows.

hiimisaac

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4
Occupation
Software Engineer
I went from Adventure/White/BM/Quad Motor/Large Pack down to Adventure/White/BM/Dual Motor/Standard pack this morning.

After weighing all the pros/cons of LFP, and accepting that my chance of delivery was small anyways... and guessing a 5s 0-60 on LFP w/ dual motor... I think the cost savings it worth it. That, combined with them getting through some production woes and hopefully getting 800v and heat pump... I think it's worth it.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I went from Adventure/White/BM/Quad Motor/Large Pack down to Adventure/White/BM/Dual Motor/Standard pack this morning.

After weighing all the pros/cons of LFP, and accepting that my chance of delivery was small anyways... and guessing a 5s 0-60 on LFP w/ dual motor... I think the cost savings it worth it. That, combined with them getting through some production woes and hopefully getting 800v and heat pump... I think it's worth it.
Rivian is claiming 4 seconds 0-60 with the dual motor and I expect them to be able to hit that. The motors will be more powerful than the current Bosch motors, so even though there will be half as many motors they will produce 70-80% of the power of the quad motors.

I actually think that quad/Standard Pack might be the sweet spot as you'll likely get very fast charging if the new batteries are in fact 800v and you'll be signficantly ligher than the Large pack. I wouldn't be surprised if your road trip times would be nearly identical with that set up compared to a Quad/Large due to increased efficiency and decreased charge times. The only thing keeping me from going that route is the timeline.
Sponsored