Sponsored

The suspense is killing me... how long to get through Step 8?

gd_r1t

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Product manager

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

At the there weeks in the service center mark I sent an email to my guide asking for specific information as to the delay, particularly what it is causing the delay. Here is the response I got:

“I completely understand. I want to assure you that we have not contacted you yet because the vehicle is not ready for delivery. We want it to be perfect for you. Our teams in Denver found an item that they wanted to address and take care of before bringing it to you. We are still expecting it to be ready and to contact you about scheduling within the next few weeks.“

Needless to say I did not find this response acceptable. Essentially Rivian is telling me there is an undisclosed problem with the vehicle that so far they have not been able to resolve in three weeks and that it might get resolved “within the next few weeks.” They apparently won’t tell me what the problem is, which I find troubling. At the very least I would expect a call along the lines of “Mr. Clown, I am sorry but we have a problem with the truck that we are trying to fix, here is what the problem is, here is what we are doing to fix it, and here is why it is taking so long.” That is the least I would expect, but apparently that is too much to ask.
Well, on the positive side, they did answer your query and it appears you are in line to get an RIT!

OP
OP
Blueassassin

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Just for a close out recap on my experience mine took 2 weeks but its because they had issues with a trim piece that had to be replaced.

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
Just thought I'd share my experience as well for others, as the suspense has been killing me to!

Started 8-steps: 8/21
Sitting at 7/8 steps: 8/23
Spotted MY vehicle @ SC: 8/25

Driven by the SC multiple times and see the vehicle moving around the parking lot, but still not in my driveway.

As of today, sitting at 7/8 steps and its been almost 30 days since I've started the process. I'm hoping this week is the WEEK! :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
VIN assigned, and started 8-steps: 8/29
Confirmation R1S was on a train to El Segundo, CA: 8/31
Guide told me 6 - 8 weeks
Last update, was it should arrive to the SC mid-this week, then PDI.
Hopeful for a delivery later this week, or early next before EOQ, as I leave town for work 9/28 - 9/30.

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
It was 3 weeks from step 7 to step 8(being today)
Congrats on step 8 today!! How far out was the first available delivery / pick-up spot?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Congrats on step 8 today!! How far out was the first available delivery / pick-up spot?

Got notification on Thursday evening for a Monday delivery

Idiot Clown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
At the there weeks in the service center mark I sent an email to my guide asking for specific information as to the delay, particularly what it is causing the delay. Here is the response I got:

“I completely understand. I want to assure you that we have not contacted you yet because the vehicle is not ready for delivery. We want it to be perfect for you. Our teams in Denver found an item that they wanted to address and take care of before bringing it to you. We are still expecting it to be ready and to contact you about scheduling within the next few weeks.“

Needless to say I did not find this response acceptable. Essentially Rivian is telling me there is an undisclosed problem with the vehicle that so far they have not been able to resolve in three weeks and that it might get resolved “within the next few weeks.” They apparently won’t tell me what the problem is, which I find troubling. At the very least I would expect a call along the lines of “Mr. Clown, I am sorry but we have a problem with the truck that we are trying to fix, here is what the problem is, here is what we are doing to fix it, and here is why it is taking so long.” That is the least I would expect, but apparently that is too much to ask.
Well, I finally took delivery today. Apparently the truck had been damaged during transport and they had to send it to a body shop. Knowing how long body shops can take, they could have just told me that at the outset and I would have had less aggravation. Anyway, I loved the truck, I love the way it drives.

Grajjie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M340i, Ioniq Electric, Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Well, I finally took delivery today. Apparently the truck had been damaged during transport and they had to send it to a body shop. Knowing how long body shops can take, they could have just told me that at the outset and I would have had less aggravation. Anyway, I loved the truck, I love the way it drives.
Pretty much the same situation for me. My truck was at the service center for over 2 weeks and I had no info and neither did my guide. Just today however my guide reached out to the service center and got more info. Apparently my truck had 2 trim pieces damaged in transport and there was a delay in getting the replacement parts to do the fix. They supposedly are getting the parts today and are prioritizing the replacement so hopefully I can schedule delivery soon.

I told my guide that I understand that these things can happen but if they had kept me informed on what the status is I wouldn't have been so concerned over the past 2 weeks.
Sponsored