Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage!

Cycleman

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe, Jeep Wrangler
The C8, But the Rivian is a fun new driving experience.
With these guys I get to do 3 pedal, 2 pedal, and 1 pedal driving.
Nice! I have a 2008 Jeep with a stick so I never thought about it like that!

limestoneR1T

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ R1T, 23' Tacoma, 22’ X5e, 20’ Rav4, 09’ Lexus
I personally didn’t think I would park my truck in the garage and was perfectly fine on the driveway. My wife insisted it goes in the garage which I was absolutely fine with. We have a 2 car garage and we had her X5e in there and bunch of stuff, bikes, etc. that I had to eventually clean out from moving several times through the years. I eventually got garage organized in time and didn’t think I’d take delivery on my truck when I did almost 2 weeks ago. Both cars fit perfectly fine both sides but the R1T does take up some space. We have 3 kids and the older 2 drive and both have a car so ultimately I would love more garage space. We have 5 cars at the moment but our driveway fits 4 cars so I actually don’t mind leaving my truck outside. My wife says “we’ll just have to get a bigger home then.”

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

More like "Uh you're gonna need less crap in your garage" I mean I technically have three vehicles in my 3 car garage... Maybe it is my fault that none of them drive though.

OP
OP
Rivianation

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
More like "Uh you're gonna need less crap in your garage" I mean I technically have three vehicles in my 3 car garage... Maybe it is my fault that none of them drive though.
You need park just one of them outside. Solved!

Sponsored

FranMCG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
DIY enthusiast, IT
The eternal problem... First, there's not enough space for the second car, and then for the third... I prefer that the garage serves a variety of other purposes; a pool table or table tennis table is better than a car awkwardly crammed in where you can't even access it properly. Of course there are several alternatives like https://pingpongacademy.org/best-outdoor-ping-pong-table/ but in the case when you got enough outdoor space

Last edited:

DetroitRed

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2011 Corvette Z06 Carbon Edition
Occupation
Engineer
I measured and knew that the R1T would fit in my garage, but I didn't really envision how tight it would be in reality. With my 20x20 garage, it's really a matter of inches front to back, and I can only access the driver's side in the garage. Passengers will have to wait for me to pull out.

I eventually switched sides with my second car so I could at least access the door into the house, lol. But it's hard to fit my toolbox and workbench now.

Rivian R1T R1S Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage! PXL_20230118_143750841

Rivian R1T R1S Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage! PXL_20230118_143739563

Rivian R1T R1S Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage! PXL_20230118_162541833

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You need park just one of them outside. Solved!
I definitely won't make the same mistake about living somewhere with an HOA when we move next. Also going to have a separate building for a shop instead of trying to do stuff in the garage now when half the bedrooms are above it.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Measuring is good, but also if you get scheduled the First Mile drive, I recommend asking if you can pull it into the garage. We did that to get an idea of overall fit, lengh, width, height, and other items, like:
- Can we open the frunk when backed into garage with the garage door above it? Yes!
- Can we open the tailgate when parked in backward? Yes!
- Does the height clear with racks on top? Yes!

We were pleasantly surprised and glad we checked

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Measuring is good, but also if you get scheduled the First Mile drive, I recommend asking if you can pull it into the garage. We did that to get an idea of overall fit, lengh, width, height, and other items, like:
- Can we open the frunk when backed into garage with the garage door above it? Yes!
- Can we open the tailgate when parked in backward? Yes!
- Does the height clear with racks on top? Yes!

We were pleasantly surprised and glad we checked
How about
-Can we close the garage door with the Rivian employee outside and pretend we don't know what vehicle they are talking about anymore?

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Y'all are gonna love this. We bought a house in a cr@ppy neighborhood full of blighted, abandoned homes and trash hoarders back in 2020. Has a detatched 24x32 garage that was previously owned by a Tesla mechanic so is all set up with charging options. Can fit two, maybe even three Rivians in the garage. It was literally "the best house in the worst neighborhood" but we'd never find another like it with this kind of garage.

Our house:

Rivian R1T R1S Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage! 1680111280460

Our neighbors houses:

Rivian R1T R1S Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage! 1680111375544

Rivian R1T R1S Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage! 1680111469962

Rivian R1T R1S Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage! 1680111499368

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦🤦

OP
OP
Rivianation

Rivianation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Manager
Y'all are gonna love this. We bought a house in a cr@ppy neighborhood full of blighted, abandoned homes and trash hoarders back in 2020. Has a detatched 24x32 garage that was previously owned by a Tesla mechanic so is all set up with charging options. Can fit two, maybe even three Rivians in the garage. It was literally "the best house in the worst neighborhood" but we'd never find another like it with this kind of garage.

Our house:

1680111280460.png

Our neighbors houses:

1680111375544.png

1680111469962.png

1680111499368.png

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦🤦

I think you're supposed to buy the crappiest house in the best neiborhood, but whatevs, this works too.

Rivian R1T R1S Uh, you're gonna need a bigger garage! 1680112447426

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
I had the same heart attack the day before delivery, and the same too many bikes & stuff that others reported. It forced me to clean house a bit, which is always good. Now that we’ve had the truck for a few months, it doesn’t seem as huge in the garage.

One thing that really helped is that the shape of the truck is not a rectangle, and it’s quite a bit narrower at the ends than at the widest parts, the fenders. This is part of the reason it looks bad ass, and also helped me jam it into my garage.
THIS ^
Sponsored