Sponsored

Wait.. we really don't need the jack pucks?

Esap

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
consultant
The jack pucks are handy, but man they're expensive.. anyone notice that there's a panel that pulls off with 4 bolts around the jack points to access the frame for lifting?

https://rivian.com/support/article/r1-tire-service-guide (page 15)

I was dreading turning my R1T over to generic service shops for tire rotations, etc and thinking about pre-installing the jack pucks before anyone lifts my R1T to make sure they don't break the plastic on the bottom.

Given the high cost... maybe we should be just removing those panels before getting any 3rd party service done... seems a lot cheaper than spending almost $200 on jack pucks.
Small price to pay where many locations may not have them. Also, can’t imagine how much extra of an extra fee might be levied. Also, you get a nice case for them.
Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

You have to love America, as you get posts from: they should cost $20 and are a waste of money :headbang:, to you have a $90K truck, justbuy them.
Clearly you don't have any overhead involved Mark /s

To those who are buying volume of aluminum block, have the CAD software, education and knowledge to design them, but don't need to pay yourself, oh and the equipment to machine it all for $20 for 4, go for it!

For the rest of us that don't have the time, equipment, or knowledge, we are going to enjoy a well made product that is packaged beautifully so we don't have to have it rolling around in our vehicles but available whenever we need.

Thanks Mark and others for making these.

E-lectric

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T El Cap w/ 22s , 24 BMW i5 M60
Clubs

To those who are buying volume of aluminum block, have the CAD software, education and knowledge to design them, but don't need to pay yourself, oh and the equipment to machine it all for $20 for 4, go for it!

For the rest of us that don't have the time, equipment, or knowledge, we are going to enjoy a well made product that is packaged beautifully so we don't have to have it rolling around in our vehicles but available whenever we need.

I agree, just bought a set of 4 from JackPucks.com. Looks like a well designed product. And Mark recommends a bottle jack that sounds like a good purchase also. Thanks, Bob
PS - ordered the jack also

Last edited:

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Do I get the $10 off the current $57 price I see online? I’ll buy one today if that’s the case..
We sold out on that offer and it was for full kits. Thanks!

Last edited:

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Small price to pay where many locations may not have them. Also, can’t imagine how much extra of an extra fee might be levied. Also, you get a nice case for them.
Thank you very much! We have ten's of thousands of dollars invested in inventory, so our Buy Today, Ship Today process can function. We've had a massive run on inventory the past week, but we're still stocking. Buy Today, Ship Today (order by 2PM AZ time).

It's a really professional product, well presented and with the Grip Tech sticky cap, no one offers anything as comprehensive. Thanks again!

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I agree, just bought a set of 4 from JackPucks.com. Looks like a well designed product. And Mark recommends a bottle jack that sounds like a good purchase also. Thanks, Bob
PS - ordered the jack also
Bob. Thank you! I designed these for myself, after purchasing an oring puck a long time ago, that was a very poor solution for the price. We offered a magnetic solution before anyone and since my background is physics, I wanted enough magnetic energy for the pucks to lock onto the chassis, hence why I chose five NdFeB magnets.

We've had a significant amount of orders the past 24 hours and all go out today, including yours Bob. Thank you again for purchasing from us, we are Rivian owners just like you.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

Thank you very much! It's humbling to literally see thousands of these being shipped by myself, literally in the FRUNK of my R1T. Thank you again!!

Rivian R1T R1S Wait.. we really don't need the jack pucks? 20230420_113251

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I strongly recommend getting these or other jack pucks that utilize a bottle jack. Got stuck off road a week ago and I really needed better pucks and a bottle jack. The scissor jack was a disaster and I had to get towed. Maybe Jackpucks can recommend or sell jacks too.

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius
I strongly recommend getting these or other jack pucks that utilize a bottle jack. Got stuck off road a week ago and I really needed better pucks and a bottle jack. The scissor jack was a disaster and I had to get towed. Maybe Jackpucks can recommend or sell jacks too.
They recommend a Torin Big Red 10ton bottle jack (or have sized puck for it). Amazon reviews are not great (arriving with oil spilled). I'm not sure that shipping a bottle jack in the original box is a great idea and that may be the issue. I still may give it a try, though I wouldn't mind getting a case with a single puck given the $$.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

I highly recommend the Torin Big Red 10T available at Amazon. I have four in my garage and one under my rear seat and all five have worked perfectly. You need the lift height of the 10T unit. They are affordable, lift the R1 with ease and robust and fully supported by Torin in CA on any issues. YMMV

Our Grip Tech tacky rubber cap is also a game changer, especially for commercial lifts where the puck can possibly slip.

I also have the RV jack pad in my gear tunnel for unusual terrain and added height if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Torin-Hydraulic-Bottle-Jack-Capacity/dp/B002E1AYHW?th=1
Rivian R1T R1S Wait.. we really don't need the jack pucks? 20230504_105748

Rivian R1T R1S Wait.. we really don't need the jack pucks? 20230409_222105 (1)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
Clubs

They recommend a Torin Big Red 10ton bottle jack (or have sized puck for it). Amazon reviews are not great (arriving with oil spilled). I'm not sure that shipping a bottle jack in the original box is a great idea and that may be the issue. I still may give it a try, though I wouldn't mind getting a case with a single puck given the $$.
As noted, I've had a fantastic experience with them. Affordable, robust, the height needed (critical) for a Rivian and 1-2 Day Amazon Prime. Mine under the seat has not leaked laying down for 6 months. Put a rag under it or place it in a zip lock back, done deal.

Rivian R1T R1S Wait.. we really don't need the jack pucks? 20230407_154641

Greg Chick

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Plumbing Contractor
Clubs

Admit it, the cool black case with the golden logo could give even a geek a "woody". Get just one puck and keep a spare in the vehicle. Even one puck works to rotate tires.

J3t3r

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limestone R1T, Taycan 4S, 2500 Sprinter 4x4
No you don't 'need' the jack pucks, I did my first tire rotation this way. It just takes more work and also some of the clips on those panels may not be up to repeated removal.

If cost is really the issue get some of the cheap ones on Amazon etc. Also you don't really need 4 of them.

How many do you need? And recommendations for brand ?

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
Went in for the first tire rotation and balance this morning at Discount Tire. The nice lady that greeted me assured me they already had pucks and didn’t need the ones in my truck. They pulled it on scratched their heads and backed it back out. Came to me and asked if I had pucks to lift the truck as all they had were ones for Tesla. Pulled out my Jack Pucks I just got last week and even gave the head tech a walk through as it was his first Rivian and was completely different to their Tesla training. No charge for the service so I figure I’ll make the cost of the pucks back in a few more rotations easy…

Rivian R1T R1S Wait.. we really don't need the jack pucks? IMG_5990

Ventura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Red Canyon 20" / Prius
As noted, I've had a fantastic experience with them. Affordable, robust, the height needed (critical) for a Rivian and 1-2 Day Amazon Prime. Mine under the seat has not leaked laying down for 6 months. Put a rag under it or place it in a zip lock back, done deal.

20230407_154641.jpg
Do you have any intention of offering single pucks on Amazon? I don't have an issue with the current price (57.95), but would like a different payment option than those found on your site.
Sponsored