Sponsored

What do you want addressed in the next OTA update?

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I have had my truck for a week now, and have the following wish list, based on other EVs that I have owned:

Charging:

1) Be able to set a departure time for battery and cabin pre-conditioning
2) Be able to set charge limits at home and away from home separately
3) Provide a button for selecting the next charging session while driving, then list the closest stations

Trip planning

1) Be able to plan a trip in the phone app and then save them and send to the truck
2) Store multiple trip plans in the truck
3) Be able to set the planned departing charge level for the trip, independent of the current charge level
4) Must be able to manually insert waypoints and charging stops for the trip, this allows the user to choose the route based on DCFC availability and reliability knowledge
5) Be able to reverse the saved trip for the return

Driver display

1) Provide more configuration options for what is displayed and how it is arranged
2) Allow display of odometer and trip info on driver display
3) Show battery % on driver display

Phone integration

1) Must be able to read and dictate text messages
2) Always turn radio back on after a call, I find this intermittent
3) Why does it turn the radio off and show me calling myself when a text does come in on my phone?

Radio

1) Give me the option for satellite, I drive in areas with bad cell reception, silence with "Buffering..." message gets really old
2) Allow mixing of favorites on one screen, for example mix FM and TuneIn, Spotify, Tidal
3) Keep the streaming working in the background even when playing FM, i.e. get rid of the lag when switching

Driver+

1) Needs big improvements (I have a Mach E with BlueCruise and it works great)
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Radio

1) Give me the option for satellite, I drive in areas with bad cell reception, silence with "Buffering..." message gets really old
This requires hardware that the vehicle doesn't have.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
It's in the settings.
I pretty sure I have that on the driver screen. Small green bar like a cell phone battery indicator.

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
I pretty sure I have that on the driver screen. Small green bar like a cell phone battery indicator.
I had the green bar and miles, but % was not displayed. I found for towing the miles estimator is way off so I wanted actual battery % to do my own gray matter calculation.

Anyway I found the setting and now have green bar, miles and %.

I am quite surprised the the Rivian nav/trip planning is so poor, especially with them being a high tech oriented company. Even my 2017 Chevy Bolt had a better trip planning app on the phone, and my Mach E is 10x better.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I had the green bar and miles, but % was not displayed. I found for towing the miles estimator is way off so I wanted actual battery % to do my own gray matter calculation.

Anyway I found the setting and now have green bar, miles and %.

I am quite surprised the the Rivian nav/trip planning is so poor, especially with them being a high tech oriented company. Even my 2017 Chevy Bolt had a better trip planning app on the phone, and my Mach E is 10x better.
I honestly have no clue where that setting is, but I do remember my guide selecting it from the option. He said "don't worry, you want this". At the time I was a bit overwhelmed, so I just said yes to everything he suggested. I agree about the trip planning.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Two more charging related wishes:

1) Plug and Charge on EA
2) Autocharge+ on EVGO

Since they indicated on a recent software update, support for P&C on the RAN, why can't it work for EA, same protocol.

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
1. The seat is way too sensitive in terms of dropping into park when it doesn't detect a driver. Even when I turn back to look out the rear it will often drop me into park when my weight shifts. Super annoying, and it even does it when I'm actively reversing and then grinds to a halt.

2. Tidal integration needs to allow you to click on an artist and then see their available albums. That's how real people find music. It's like a stupidly designed microwave that thinks you want to press 10 buttons to tell it you're heating up oatmeal instead of letting you turn the thing on for 60 seconds with 2 clicks.

3. Auto-lock and un-lock at home is really annoying at home. I've now had to turn that off at home based on where I park (driveway), and it is really irritating to have to pull out my phone to lock every time I get home. There should be a setting where, when you're home, it will automatically lock once when you walk away and then stay locked until you manually unlock.

4. While the vehicle seems to know the status of EVGO stations, mine never knows that status of EA stations. I learned this in a very irritating way.....

5. Alexa keeps saying it will do things, and then doesn't. Mostly happens on Tidal, where Alexa never works.

6. There should be a voice dictation button on the keyboard. Alexa doesn't work, so I can't use that. But when I go to type in an address or location I should be able to dictate into the search feature -- like an iOS product.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Range Rover Sport Autobiography 5.0
Two more charging related wishes:

1) Plug and Charge on EA
2) Autocharge+ on EVGO

Since they indicated on a recent software update, support for P&C on the RAN, why can't it work for EA, same protocol.
EV makers need to make this the default. Why can't I just rock up, plug in and the station automatically charges the card my Rivian/account has on file? This isn't even difficult, it's already a standard.

EA, EVGO, Chargepoint, (Tesla?) would basically cover 95% of things.

Sponsored

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
Ability to set primary driver so that if two phones are detected the priority driver takes precedence for seat settings.

Ability to open charge port with app. This is helpful in the winter when the button doesnt work and i hate having to climb back in to the truck.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

maps need to be updated. It still shows the satellite image from 8 years ago
There's a sub that was just started last year and the roads for it are already on my map. None of the houses are anywhere near finished. Seems like the quality of mapping is highly dependent on the area.

cohnhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I've had my R1S for two weeks, having come out of a Tesla... In priority order:
- Text message support (obviously)
- Calendar integration! Oh, I miss 1-click from Calendar to Navigation, Calendar to Phone.
- Automatic garage door opening/closing at pre-set locations
- Automatic turn signal off after lane change
- Contact favorites

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Yes yes yes please

My one big request continues to be the odometer - why does it need to be so difficult to find? Especially for non-Rivian service like tire changes when we have to go digging for it just to get our vehicle checked in with the service person.

Also agree with the trip odometers and clock display - at least make it an option to add to the driver screen.

On the plus side, I just had to change the clock in my Mom's Subaru, and it was the most convoluted process I've ever seen. At least we aren't subjected to that.
I find it easier to check to odometer in the app. Probably not less clicks to get there but my phone is always around.
Sponsored