Sponsored

Who wants Park in High Mode

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S PDM MP, 2019 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
For kicks, on rare occasion, I have been known to put it in off road highest to park. Let the truck stand proud while I run into the store real quick.
I did that yesterday when I parked next to a lifted Bronco. It's better for the R1S's self esteem. Can't be outdone in the TJ's parking lot!
Sponsored

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
I want my R1s to kneel for me and then go back to high when I walk away. Anyone else?
I have wished for an anti-kneel mode. I drive in sport/lowest mode, but park in off road mode. An automatic switch between the two would be nice.

For some reason that I don't understand, after I installed running boards it seems easier to get in when it is up high then when it is down low.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I was doing this after parking manually, because I was hoping it would avoid door dings.... I installed running boards so I thought with the truck at the highest settings, the running boards will catch any careless doors flung open...then I still got a door ding anyway. lol

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
What would this mode be called?

Like in a Tesla Joe mode is for people who want notifications turned way down.

Mr. Ham

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 CY R1S
Clubs

I used to park my LR3 in high mode when in tight spots. Car doors would hit the running boards before the paint in most cases.
I suppose therein lies your issue. You wouldn't need kneel if you had running boards.

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I am used to jumping in & out of my tall riggs, so I leave it in high when I can... I would settle for just being allowed to leave it in high when under 55 instead of 45 MPH.
Any idea why rally mode doesnā€™t have this limitation?

uphill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, undisclosed PHEV, undisclosed classic V8
I park in highest exclusively if the truck is going to be there overnight to make it harder on the rodents.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I do this when I have to park in tight spots...try and avoid door dents or reduce carts blowing across lot type damage, etc...

Sponsored

Acon

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I used to park my LR3 in high mode when in tight spots. Car doors would hit the running boards before the paint in most cases.
I suppose therein lies your issue. You wouldn't need kneel if you had running boards.
I do this with the Rivian all the time!

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I frequently park off-road highest when I want to avoid door dings or to you just look cool. However, I wouldnā€™t use an auto high feature for the same reason I donā€™t use the kneel mode, Because I donā€™t park at the same height all the time. a manual high/low toggle button in Park would be cool.

R.I.P.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Any idea why rally mode doesnā€™t have this limitation?
Yes, it is intended for lower traction surfaces... Sliding rather than hooking up. Hooking up is when ya flip...

Sbuilder

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1s
Occupation
Homebuilder
I am used to jumping in & out of my tall riggs, so I leave it in high when I can... I would settle for just being allowed to leave it in high when under 55 instead of 45 MPH.
[
I did that yesterday when I parked next to a lifted Bronco. It's better for the R1S's self esteem. Can't be outdone in the TJ's parking lot!