Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
@LL75 let me know how it goes on the R1S. I ordered the stuff OP mentioned, one of each. May need to order another L shape strip
Sponsored

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
@LL75 let me know how it goes on the R1S. I ordered the stuff OP mentioned, one of each. May need to order another L shape strip
I actually did the roof and the windows before . Did not see much improvement. However, I just bought the round and L shape tube. Both of them are on the way. Will definitely let you know if it works out.

Last edited:

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
the round cord it to fill in the gaps in the roof around the moon roof and the black plastic strips and above the black a pillar cover beside the windshield that gap is a bit significant and I thought to fill it up to just incase are caches ther and cause and kind of noise

This gap is significantly bigger than the round tubes

krsoundtek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I tried the round tubes and didn't notice any improvement in the wind and whistling noises. The tube is a bit tight fit in a few locations, but once it gets passed the surface there is a lot more room. So not surprised that it didn't help and will be removing it. Going to try the windshield next. I have some concern about the 3M adhesive and potential damage if it doesn't help wind noise. Anyone tried and then removed?

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I tried the round tubes and didn't notice any improvement in the wind and whistling noises. The tube is a bit tight fit in a few locations, but once it gets passed the surface there is a lot more room. So not surprised that it didn't help and will be removing it. Going to try the windshield next. I have some concern about the 3M adhesive and potential damage if it doesn't help wind noise. Anyone tried and then removed?

I did the windshield and the roof as well awhile ago following the video I posted earlier on this thread. Not much improvement to be honest. FYI. I returned the round tubes because it is too small

Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did the windshield and the roof as well awhile ago following the video I posted earlier on this thread. Not much improvement to be honest. FYI. I returned the round tubes because it is too small
So is the round tube suppose to go inside the car on the pano edges or outside the car on top? So if its inside the car, .25 is too thin. It just slips right in there and is not very snug so idk if that going to do anything.

Ok so for us slow ones, like myself, I require pics. Where does the flat T shape one go? I'm assuming 1? If one, what about 2 and 3?

Rivian R1T R1S Wind noise solved at last -- using tube rubber seal 1691792430989

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
So is the round tube suppose to go inside the car on the pano edges or outside the car on top? So if its inside the car, .25 is too thin. It just slips right in there and is not very snug so idk if that going to do anything.

Ok so for us slow ones, like myself, I require pics. Where does the flat T shape one go? I'm assuming 1? If one, what about 2 and 3?

1691792430989.png
The t shape going to number 1 and along the side with photos attached. The round tube is too large for number 2 or 3 and too small for the back gap. I did the T shape and windows a few months ago and did not see much improvement following the video posted in this thread. I may try to force the round tube to number 2

Rivian R1T R1S Wind noise solved at last -- using tube rubber seal IMG_2180

Rivian R1T R1S Wind noise solved at last -- using tube rubber seal IMG_2179

krsoundtek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

1691792430989.png
Interesting because mine doesn't have the #2 gap. I did the #3 and removed it. I plan to do the #1 but concerned about paint damage. The service center has already replaced the windshield, applique, channel seals and roof glass. So far nothing is helping.
Rivian R1T R1S Wind noise solved at last -- using tube rubber seal 20230811_191308

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting because mine doesn't have the #2 gap. I did the #3 and removed it. I plan to do the #1 but concerned about paint damage. The service center has already replaced the windshield, applique, channel seals and roof glass. So far nothing is helping.
20230811_191308.jpg
Yours must be a R1T?

krsoundtek

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It is. I didn't notice the others have R1S. Mine is an early serial number and thought that would be a bigger change for them to make along the way. I though maybe they changed the size of the applique. I also have a new loose piece by the triangle window. It popped out while driving down the interstate. I was able to roll the window down and get it to stay until I got home. Then I was able to slide it back into place and it looks good. Curious to see if that helps with the noise in that area.
Rivian R1T R1S Wind noise solved at last -- using tube rubber seal 20230810_165042

Sponsored

suprteck

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Mechanic
It is. I didn't notice the others have R1S. Mine is an early serial number and thought that would be a bigger change for them to make along the way. I though maybe they changed the size of the applique. I also have a new loose piece by the triangle window. It popped out while driving down the interstate. I was able to roll the window down and get it to stay until I got home. Then I was able to slide it back into place and it looks good. Curious to see if that helps with the noise in that area.
20230810_165042.jpg
There is a service bulletin to replace that triangle piece if it is loose

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3

1691792430989.png
Off topic. Did you have the phone number to the shop that you called in dfw for the evsportline running board installation? How much is it?

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Off topic. Did you have the phone number to the shop that you called in dfw for the evsportline running board installation? How much is it?
So the guy I called had no experience with EVs. He was charging $600 with circle hole approach. So I just decided to do it myself.

@MidnightRivian had reached out to several others. He may be able to chime in.

Last edited:

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

So the guy I called had no experience with EVs. He was charging $600 with circle hole approach. So I just decided to do it myself.

@MidnightRivian was had reached out to several others. He may be able to chime in.
Try these three shops.
I would recommend you visit each one and make sure you’re comfortable with their shop / workmanship.

The price range was $200-$300 for labor for the basic install with round cuts.

Expect double the price if you want them to make the slit cut instead of round cut.

Rivian R1T R1S Wind noise solved at last -- using tube rubber seal IMG_1440
Rivian R1T R1S Wind noise solved at last -- using tube rubber seal IMG_1439
Rivian R1T R1S Wind noise solved at last -- using tube rubber seal IMG_1437

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the link, I just ordered some to seal the front door in my house.

Please report back how it works for your truck. I am either one of the lucky ones with no wind noise in my R1T or I am already hard of hearing and just don't know it :D
I installed the seal around the doors and went for a test drive. Above 50 mph, the wind noise became worse. At 80 mph, wind noise was much louder than before. That was it - I took them off.
Sponsored