Sponsored

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
The ride feel settings sound interesting too. I kinda wish there was a "super soft" setting that could take the bumps of Seattle's crumbling roads better without sending me to the chiropractor. ;)
On ride feel, I wouldn't expect it to get much softer overall than the current 'soft'. In my opinion they are already flirting with too much body motion, softer would magnify that. I expect a touch lighter there, then the middle setting to be a touch firmer than "original soft" which was near perfect imo.
Sponsored

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
On ride feel, I wouldn't expect it to get much softer overall than the current 'soft'. In my opinion they are already flirting with too much body motion, softer would magnify that. I expect a touch lighter there, then the middle setting to be a touch firmer than "original soft" which was near perfect imo.
Agree. At times, like off-camber bump, soft feels like a waterbed on wheels. People who complain soft is hurting their kidneys should book a medical check up. No joke.

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I want the electrochromic roof from the concept vehicle. It is coming as an option with the new package and refresh possibly this year, currently in testing. Sure it will not be cheap, I am hoping it can be installed on current R1's like the new tonneau cover. Was so sad when it didn't make it to production.
I would like the option for no glass roof. And less cabin noise as current averages between similar vehicles is only 3-5db in cabin volume.

Aquinas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Agree. At times, like off-camber bump, soft feels like a waterbed on wheels. People who complain soft is hurting their kidneys should book a medical check up. No joke.
Alright, alright. I'm not complaining. (Gotta be careful what you say around here).

I think the current Soft ride feel and drive is nice. Just wouldn't mind another setting to handle some really rough roads 'round here, but not in exchange for terrible handling.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
Alright, alright. I'm not complaining. (Gotta be careful what you say around here).

I think the current Soft ride feel and drive is nice. Just wouldn't mind another setting to handle some really rough roads 'round here, but not in exchange for terrible handling.
Not you specifically. There have been people who claimed their ride is literally hurting their kidneys.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I'm super stoked about the Quick Controls. I'm hoping that there's lots of available shortcuts that I can customize in my quick access panel I can swipe out from the left. And I hope they're big old buttons that I can hit easily without having to look to hard.

The ride feel settings sound interesting too. I kinda wish there was a "super soft" setting that could take the bumps of Seattle's crumbling roads better without sending me to the chiropractor. ;)
I would love a super soft mode too. Mine even in softest....is still a bit jarring on Wisconsin roads.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales

It doesn't matter....whatever you say that doesn't only lay high praise on Rivian is complaining or you are a spoiled entitled person, etc.... until whoever calls you that has an idea for something better...has to wait for a service appointment, etc....then it is a valid concern.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Not you specifically. There have been people who claimed their ride is literally hurting their kidneys.
Well, when you get used to your other ride, which has inertial compensators, like Gary's cousin's vehicle...

Rivian R1T R1S 2024.03 Software Update *BETA* (Quick Controls, Individual Passenger Window Locking, Ride Feel & Ride Height Improvements & More) 1706563892716

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Last edited:

Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Lest everyone seems to forget that at one point in time, you purchased a vehicle and lived with EXACTLY how it rolled off the lot for the entirety of your ownership.

People arguing over 'why can't we get X, Y, or Z,' are a bunch of the entitled people I'd prefer to distance myself from. The same people who would lose their absolute minds if the software improvement presented a bug that irked them (and who don't understand what it takes to QC and release software, especially as quickly as Rivian is).

The very IDEA you can buy a vehicle today, that can incrementally get better, is INCREDIBLE, and I'm here for it!
It's really a double edged sword.

On the one hand its incredible to get a vehicle which has useful features its never had before like Gear Guard.

On the other hand its also been leveraged as a way to sell a vehicle BEFORE the FW is ready.

A good example of this is Driver+. The ability to do FW updates is really what made Driver+ even possible for Rivian. If they didn't have that capability they would have had to partner with an ADAS company to use their system. Or they would have had to delay the release of vehicles with Driver+.

The ability to do FW updates is also what allowed Rivian to start shipping vehicles as almost any early adopter can attest to the SW/FW being barely viable when the vehicle originally launched. Purely from a usability and reliability standpoint the SW/FW is significantly better than it was on release.

From a FW perspective most of the issues I've had with my Rivian have been addressed with FW updates. Things like the wipers not being sensitive enough was addressed through a recent FW update that gave us selectable sensitivity.

Tesla owners on the other hand are still waiting for useable wipers. Its such a joke that even ex-tesla engineers have trolled Tesla over the decision not to use a simple cheap sensor for rain sensing.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

ā€œFailed to address the ubiquitous issue of no ACC Resumeā€.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (pre-ordered, Audi RS5 Sportback
Occupation
IT
Lest everyone seems to forget that at one point in time, you purchased a vehicle and lived with EXACTLY how it rolled off the lot for the entirety of your ownership.

People arguing over 'why can't we get X, Y, or Z,' are a bunch of the entitled people I'd prefer to distance myself from. The same people who would lose their absolute minds if the software improvement presented a bug that irked them (and who don't understand what it takes to QC and release software, especially as quickly as Rivian is).

The very IDEA you can buy a vehicle today, that can incrementally get better, is INCREDIBLE, and I'm here for it!
While thereā€™s some truth to the entitled attitudes, certainly asking for features isnā€™t necessarily absurdā€¦especially as this is the way of the industry now. Itā€™s not like ONLY rivian does software updates and no one else will everā€¦.its becoming part of consumer expectations.

Just because a product for industry was a certain way 50, or even 5 years ago, doesnā€™t mean anyone pushing for change is wrongā€¦

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
šŸŒ²šŸŒ²R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
How do you monitor the the up/down transmission data?
That is typically a function of your home router. I have Eero and I can see each devices' TX/RX data by hour, day, week and month. Rivian sends A LOT of data with the car just sitting in the garage haven't not been driven for a week!!!
Sponsored