First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone have details on the 24.11.00 update yet? Rivian Tracker? It has been in beta testing with employee owned vehicle program since the 18th.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I'm guessing Rivian Tracker gets special access to software updates shortly after they have been tested internally first. Probably within a week?

JWortman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 FG R1T w/ OC Interior
I may be wrong, but I think Rivian tracker gets the release notes pulled from vehicles that are connected to electrafi, of which I think there are several employees that have them connected. My guess is 2024.11.0 hasn't been pushed to any employees that are on electrafi yet.

Here's the electrafi dashboard showing vehicles getting updates: https://www.electrafi.com/firmwareRivian

It's also possible I'm entirely wrong on all accounts about this haha, but the reason I think this, is that electrafi showed at least one vehicle updating to 2024.7.00 on the first day we got notes for it, and that release never made it's way to the public.

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I may be wrong, but I think Rivian tracker gets the release notes pulled from vehicles that are connected to electrafi, of which I think there are several employees that have them connected. My guess is 2024.11.0 hasn't been pushed to any employees that are on electrafi yet.

Here's the electrafi dashboard showing vehicles getting updates: https://www.electrafi.com/firmwareRivian

It's also possible I'm entirely wrong on all accounts about this haha, but the reason I think this, is that electrafi showed at least one vehicle updating to 2024.7.00 on the first day we got notes for it, and that release never made it's way to the public.
Yeah...we usually see 2-3 vehicles on ElectraFi getting a beta release about a week before it's released publicly. That hasn't happened yet.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Anyone have details on the 24.11.00 update yet?
Releases are every 4 weeks. 2024.11 will be released 4 weeks after 2024.07

2024.07 was released 11 March, which was only 11 days ago. Some people haven't even had a chance to install it yet.

2024.11 will be released around 8 April. We're not yet even halfway to this next release.

The Rivian Tracker site is not official. While it does publish early information about releases, taken from employee vehicles that participate in the beta program, you have to remember you're looking at unofficial beta information - the official release can be and in many cases is different than what is described in the beta release notes.

Sponsored

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT

2024.07 was released 11 March, which was only 11 days ago. Some people haven't even had a chance to install it yet.

2024.11 will be released around 8 April. We're not yet even halfway to this next release.

The Rivian Tracker site is not official. While it does publish early information about releases, taken from employee vehicles that participate in the beta program, you have to remember you're looking at unofficial beta information - the official release can be and in many cases is different than what is described in the beta release notes.
That is release but details about the update are usually 1-2 weeks before “release” so I would expect next week getting some information.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
That is release but details about the update are usually 1-2 weeks before “release” so I would expect next week getting some information.
Again as I said, the "details" are unofficial documents taken from some employee vehicles that participate in the beta program. Those details may contain features that don't make it into the final release (like with 2024.07 where the claimed trip planning using trailer profiles didn't make it to the final release) and may not list everything that does appear in the final release.

Regardless, Rivian Tracker relies on some subset of employee vehicles, and the timing of when the beta release shows up for that subset of employees is necessarily as variable as the timing of when the rest of us get a new release - if those few employees happen to be away on vacation and not updating their vehicles, then Rivian Tracker won't get the information promptly. This makes the *timing* of any beta release notes published by Rivian Tracker an unreliable metric, and any conclusions based on exactly when these beta notes show up on Rivian Tracker are pretty meaningless.

The thing we know for sure, and the thing that has proven remarkably consistent over the past two years, is that releases are pushed to real customers every 4 weeks. Sometimes +/- a few days, but every 4 weeks is something you can rely on.

I personally can wait until the official release to find out what the new features will be. Any early rumors or gossip or "facts" based on what was heard from a friend of a friend of someone who works for Rivian do not represent promises from Rivian, and I'm tired of people berating Rivian for things that they never promised in the first place but have been posted on the internet as "facts" by others. It's a lot more effective IMO to only hold Rivian to account for things they actually said, rather than things that other people (like Rivian Tracker) spread around.

OP
OP
Killer95Stang

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
All I know is the poster here who has a neighbor from Rivian said the next one will be a big one…

I’m thinking entertainment.
Not here to start any rumors... I'm hoping someone has some documented stuff. Also, no entertainment or carplay...

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

All I know is the poster here who has a neighbor from Rivian said the next one will be a big one…

I’m thinking entertainment.
Eliminating integrated internet access and requiring you to hotspot your phone or somehow stay connected to WiFi. That will be the next update. :)

Sponsored

DuoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and an R1S
Occupation
IT
Again as I said, the "details" are unofficial documents taken from some employee vehicles that participate in the beta program. Those details may contain features that don't make it into the final release (like with 2024.07 where the claimed trip planning using trailer profiles didn't make it to the final release) and may not list everything that does appear in the final release.

Regardless, Rivian Tracker relies on some subset of employee vehicles, and the timing of when the beta release shows up for that subset of employees is necessarily as variable as the timing of when the rest of us get a new release - if those few employees happen to be away on vacation and not updating their vehicles, then Rivian Tracker won't get the information promptly. This makes the *timing* of any beta release notes published by Rivian Tracker an unreliable metric, and any conclusions based on exactly when these beta notes show up on Rivian Tracker are pretty meaningless.

The thing we know for sure, and the thing that has proven remarkably consistent over the past two years, is that releases are pushed to real customers every 4 weeks. Sometimes +/- a few days, but every 4 weeks is something you can rely on.

I personally can wait until the official release to find out what the new features will be. Any early rumors or gossip or "facts" based on what was heard from a friend of a friend of someone who works for Rivian do not represent promises from Rivian, and I'm tired of people berating Rivian for things that they never promised in the first place but have been posted on the internet as "facts" by others. It's a lot more effective IMO to only hold Rivian to account for things they actually said, rather than things that other people (like Rivian Tracker) spread around.
Not suggesting they were official or Rivian should be held to them. Just that the early “unofficial” info should be out next week and usually gives a pretty good read of what is happening. Not sure why you are so belligerent on this point. Yes of course until the official release notes are out we don’t know for sure what’s coming.
I would assume by the end of the year the need for monthly updates will pass and it will be more like quarterly for bug fixes, updated driver plus and navigation.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

There have been a few threads that contain this information. Those on the forums with a software development background are familiar. The release is internal as with the major, minor, patch versioning they use lining up with calendar year and week of year + patch means that the 11th week is when the build was set.
the release then goes through various rounds of internal testing before being released through a varying number of internal alpha and beta programs. It is when it is in the later stages that we start to see release notes and more internal rigs showing the update. This is then followed with public release generally 1-2 weeks later. So around a month after the build date is when the general population starts to get updates.
there is a forum member whose neighbor is a Rivian employee and his truck is already on .11 and from comments, has been for a week or more
We almost need some level of sticky describing the entire process.

KRG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T DM
Occupation
Tech Bro
Clubs

Not here to start any rumors... I'm hoping someone has some documented stuff. Also, no entertainment or carplay...
My number one wish would be turn signal activated blind spot cameras.