oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Apparently a member in here said that he could order that Michelin Defender 275/55/21 already. It supposed to be out late June or Early July.
July 2024 is what I've seen consistently since last summer. Some have reported Michelin reps have responded that the size is not on the radar.

Maybe a fire sale by Pirelli on the 21" tires?
Sponsored

olsonnet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
All pre-order holders needed to take delivery by September, SO I assume that after that is when these will start production. I have no regret getting a standard+ Pack without the heat-pump.
Zero chance they wait for Q4 to start selling these. The Shop is almost out of R1S and the R1T stock is dwindling with all the promotions.

I'd expect these to be in the Shop sometime next month and available to preorder holders with their 20% discount which will be a killer deal for those who stuck it out.

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
2024 Rivian R1S Performance Dual Motor Standard+
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Zero chance they wait for Q4 to start selling these. The Shop is almost out of R1S and the R1T stock is dwindling with all the promotions.

I'd expect these to be in the Shop sometime next month and available to preorder holders with their 20% discount which will be a killer deal for those who stuck it out.
Zero chance, it's zero chance. The online inventory is a snap shot of completed shop work orders (built) or a nearly completed.

As I'm writing this, there's well over 100 R1Ts and 8 R1S in the shop right now for order, they need to compete QC testing of actual production "refresh" and burn thru parts inventory.

I'm confident that these changes will no be implemented until 2025 model year, with September/October being the real delivery date. Maybe you can order in like August. I doubt much sooner.

Last edited:

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
July 2024 is what I've seen consistently since last summer. Some have reported Michelin reps have responded that the size is not on the radar.

Maybe a fire sale by Pirelli on the 21" tires?
It could be. That pirelli 21" will cost more soon if michelin is backing out on production

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler, 2023 R1S
Hopefully RJ has a recycling program for all of these 21” rims that are going to end up in a landfill..and hopefully we get preferential pricing on 20 or 22” rims.

Sponsored

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

It could be. That pirelli 21" will cost more soon if michelin is backing out on production
I suspect many will just buy a 20" rim vice paying $400/tire for IMHO a poor value when compared to 20" options from other brands.

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I suspect many will just buy a 20" rim vice paying $400/tire for IMHO a poor value when compared to 20" options from other brands.
The rumored defender is around $400 per. Pirelli 21" will cost around $2500 for a set installed with insurances at Discount tires. I'm glad I did the switch

André

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Sprinter, Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Finances
Hopefully RJ has a recycling program for all of these 21” rims that are going to end up in a landfill..and hopefully we get preferential pricing on 20 or 22” rims.
And a recycling program for all the R1 on 21” rims still in the R1 shop !

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The rumored defender is around $400 per. Pirelli 21" will cost around $2500 for a set installed with insurances at Discount tires. I'm glad I did the switch
I'm seeing the 20" Defenders for about $300 installed at CostCo so I figure when (if) released the 21" shouldn't be that much more. I think that $400 figure floating around is a high estimate. I guess we'll see.

ukyank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting
Zero chance, it's zero chance. The online inventory is a snap shot of completed shop work orders (built) or a nearly completed.

As I'm writing this, there's well over 100 R1Ts and 8 R1S in the shop right now for order, they need to compete QC testing of actual production "refresh" and burn thru parts inventory.

I'm confident that these changes will no be implemented until 2025 model year, with September/October being the real delivery date. Maybe you can order in like August. I doubt much sooner.

You really think they will basically just not be selling R1S’s the entire summer?

Sponsored

Song Sparrow

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus NX 450h+, Maverick hybrid, R1S coming soon!
I've been following the forum for a while and we're finally picking up our R1S in 17 days. We are buying a dual motor, large pack, 21s for the range. However, reading about the 21s going the way of the Dodo, I am getting apprehensive about the decision we made to switch the tires from the 22s that it originally had. My first choice would have been the 20s, but we didn't want to buy the entire off-road package since we are buying the R1S mostly for a family and dog hauler.

Should I be worried? Do I even have any good options at this point? It seems like I would have to buy new tires and rims and have the vehicle calibrated for the new size? Thanks in advance for any advice!

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

You really think they will basically just not be selling R1S’s the entire summer?
I understand reading is hard. That's not at all what I said, I said ...The inventory on Rivian turns multiple times per day.. they list what they have in going thru the factory. This will not change.

I'm suggesting that the changes, AS STATED ON THE COVER OF THE EPA FILING, are for 2025 model year, My guess is that you won't see these changes implemented until vehicles that will be delivered in or after September depending on existing inventory and build up of new components inventory.

Rivian R1T R1S 2025 Standard Pack LFP Battery EPA Test data released. Heat pump confirmed 1716393840622-8a

Rividiculous

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 3 series, 2015 Outback
I understand reading is hard. That's not at all what I said, I said ...The inventory on Rivian turns multiple times per day.. they list what they have in going thru the factory. This will not change.

I'm suggesting that the changes, AS STATED ON THE COVER OF THE EPA FILING, are for 2025 model year, My guess is that you won't see these changes implemented until vehicles that will be delivered in or after September depending on existing inventory and build up of new components inventory.

1716393840622-8a.png
Won’t they just call the refreshed R1s MY2025 and start selling them in June? How much inventory can they be sitting on? It would seem like a capital killer if they don’t deliver any R1s made from May through September until October 1st. Or is that the normal speed of the pipeline? (I honestly don’t know.)

narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Won’t they just call the refreshed R1s MY2025 and start selling them in June? How much inventory can they be sitting on? It would seem like a capital killer if they don’t deliver any R1s made from May through September until October 1st. Or is that the normal speed of the pipeline? (I honestly don’t know.)
Time will tell, they have an investor call at the end of June. That will likely give a better timeline. Things like the battery pack and other parts that come from all over the world but mostly Asia, those things are usually in transit for up to 3 months. So regardless of what they physically have in the factory there may be additional stuff in the pipeline they need to burn through.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY

Rivian is only producing refreshed R1S in the factory now. The refresh will be announced in June and start selling gradually from the Shop soon after.

The standard pack will come later in 2024 when Gotion factory is up and running in Illinois for the LFP packs.

But, it is a certainty that the refreshed models will appear soon in the Shop. Perhaps not in big quantities early on, however
Sponsored