Sponsored

3 month service wait for truck with hood stuck open!? - time to move on from the R1T

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Fixing vehicles without an official fix:
One reason I was super bummed that the TOK wasn't fixed was I was under the impression that finally there was an official fix for it. All the previous service appointments for the TOK were a waste of my time and the service departments time. People with new vehicles claim the tok is gone (at least in a 99.9%+ kind of way) so I'm confident they at least have it fixed even if my vehicle is tok'ing as an announcement that I'm stopping or starting.
it happened twice to me with my rear subwoofer rattling. Both times not fixed and returned to me said it is ok. I'm at the point that I learned to live with that problem.
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
And seriously - what hipster genius put the SC in Brooklyn in the first place?
Yeah, either they got that location super cheap.. or they got royally screwed on that POS property!

It's in a terrible/heavy traffic/dirty industrial area that sucks to get to from north, east, south and west.

Their beautiful Brooklyn SC location...

Rivian R1T R1S 3 month service wait for truck with hood stuck open!? - time to move on from the R1T 1692757027599

Rivian R1T R1S 3 month service wait for truck with hood stuck open!? - time to move on from the R1T 1692757153212

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I know people hate the dealership sales experience, but their service is much better than Rivian. I had an issue with my Mach E last week, did a night drop off on a Sunday. Got a call from the dealer at 9:30am on Monday and they had found the issue. They did need to order a part, but I got the car back on Thursday. Much quicker than Rivian and did not need an appointment.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
OP - did they ever figure out why your frunk wouldn't close? Did they fix it? Sounds like it might be sensor related. Is it possible the sensor issues were caused by the modification you referenced in this thread? Only calling it out as a word of caution for others who might also want to take their frunk apart and change parts out with another Rivian as it might damage the sensors.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1T
OP - did they ever figure out why your frunk wouldn't close? Did they fix it? Sounds like it might be sensor related. Is it possible the sensor issues were caused by the modification you referenced in this thread? Only calling it out as a word of caution for others who might also want to take their frunk apart and change parts out with another Rivian as it might damage the sensors.
No. I sold the car.

Taking the frunk out is *easy*. In fact, Rivian had to take it out when it went back to the SC to have the charger replaced. So unless they put it back in incorrectly, I doubt it was one of those sensors.

The hood eventually closed, later in the day. Someone earlier in the thread surmised it could be condensation/something on the windshield causing it. Since it closed on the first try 10 hours later (on a hot day where it was dry), I am guessing it has something to do with that.

It was a transient issue - only saw it that one time but it was sold to a dealer shortly after.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
They touted mobile service being able to take a lot of workload off the SCs, but that has not been the case thus far, for sure.
That being said…I just had a previously SC only service (half-shaft campaign) done in my garage via mobile tech. 😁

Edit: Only front shafts we’re done…rear already had been done previously.
Sponsored

Last edited: