Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Attorney
Clubs

By regular adapter you mean the AC adapter? If so then yes you can continue to use those on L2 AC chargers.
Thanks so much! Obviously, I’m gonna get the other adapter to use at supercharger locations, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.
Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
Don't get me wrong, i would rather use the free tesla branded adapter, but i have to drive from Raleigh to Boston sometime this summer and i was dreading the EA/EVGO/Electrify fight... I have 0 confidence Rivian will get me an adapter this year.

For the low low price of $167 its now just 3 tesla stations and two RAN stations for 15-30 mins each and boom I'm there. It really is a game changer.
Maybe I’ve just had “good luck” but having driven my R1T up and down the (upper half) of the east coast I have so far had zero issues (or even waiting) with EA, ChargePoint or EVGO. Admittedly I did feel more confident the few times I found myself near a magic dock enabled Tesla Superchsrger….but no issues or waiting….

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
I know Tesla put out an RFP for their NACS adapter and they had several responders. Can you share any feedback as to why these OEMs didn't choose A2Z?
I can answer that - A2Z and Lectron are retail stores. Yes, they "manufacture" their own designs, but that simply means they contract out to an actual manufacturer to build some or all of their in-house design. Tesla would have gone directly to large manufacturing companies that could manufacture 100,000 units relatively quickly that had in-house injection molding, etc., not a retail store that is expected to sell in the 10,000 unit range.

BTW, I too have an A2Z NACS adapter and tried it out tonight. Worked great.

Chris TX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model S, Volt
Clubs

I can answer that - A2Z and Lectron are retail stores. Yes, they "manufacture" their own designs, but that simply means they contract out to an actual manufacturer to build some or all of their in-house design. Tesla would have gone directly to large manufacturing companies that could manufacture 100,000 units relatively quickly that had in-house injection molding, etc., not a retail store that is expected to sell in the 10,000 unit range.

A2Z is owned by Olink, the manufacturer of this adapter. Olink is a very large manufacturer.

A2ZEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Tesla MYP, 24' Tesla MSLR
Occupation
A2Z EV | EVSE
A2Z is owned by Olink, the manufacturer of this adapter. Olink is a very large manufacturer.
Hello Chris,

A2Z is not owned by Olink. A2Z is a 100% Canadian owned and registered company. We are not simple retailers, we own a factory in China (which has recently been audited by an OEM, while A2Zs executives were there), have our own engineers and R&D department. Olink is a partner who we own assets and investments with. A factory in North America is planned to be opened in partnership with Olink and A2Z to manufacture DC chargers, adapters and such in the next year.

Regarding Tesla’s RFP, we were not aware and simply focused on our own adapter’s design since September 2022. The simple reason why an OEM has not “chosen” us is because most OEMs are purchasing their adapters from Tesla (maybe part of their agreement). As said previously, a lot of things are happening in the background and the NACS transition is way bigger than what it seams. Most OEMs parts are subcontract manufacturing through hundreds of factories. That’s all we can say, for now.

We are already manufacturing adapters under different designs for other important companies.

Feel free to call us and speak with someone in management, we are quite open to discuss and share.

Last edited:

Sponsored

A2ZEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Tesla MYP, 24' Tesla MSLR
Occupation
A2Z EV | EVSE

Thank you for your support and purchase.

See our reply above.

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

The vibes I am getting is we (current owners) will get the free adapter later vice sooner. From having worked procurements for technical products, I could see quality issues if things are pushed too quickly especially if a lot of subcontractors involved. Maybe Tesla is sitting on a pile reserved for Rivian, but I am not optimistic. Many of us understand Rivian's idea of "s00n".

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Hello Chris,

A2Z is not owned by Olink. A2Z is a 100% Canadian owned and registered company. We are not simple retailers, we own a factory in China (which has recently been audited by an OEM, while A2Zs executives were there), have our own engineers and R&D department. Olink is a partner who we own assets and investments with. A factory in North America is planned to be opened in partnership with Olink and A2Z to manufacture DC chargers, adapters and such in the next year.

Regarding Tesla’s RFP, we were not aware and simply focused on our own adapter’s design since September 2022. The simple reason why an OEM has not “chosen” us is because most OEMs are purchasing their adapters from Tesla (maybe part of their agreement). As said previously, a lot of things are happening in the background and the NACS transition is way bigger than what it seams. Most OEMs parts are subcontract manufacturing through hundreds of factories. That’s all we can say, for now.

We are already manufacturing adapters under different designs for other important companies.

Feel free to call us and speak with someone in management, we are quite open to discuss and share.
Posts like this are what make forums like this great. Thanks A2Z for making great products (or at least what seems like are great products - I ordered mine Tuesday, just waiting for shipment)

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
@A2ZEV

Can we get another shipping update like you posted on X a few weeks ago? This is hugely helpful to everyone planning trips, etc.

“We have shipped orders through March X. This week we expect to ship orders through March Y”.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
@A2ZEV

Can we get another shipping update like you posted on X a few weeks ago? This is hugely helpful to everyone planning trips, etc.

“We have shipped orders through March X. This week we expect to ship orders through March Y”.
We have a road trip Friday. I'd have paid for expedited shipping if it were available. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it'll ship in time.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
We have a road trip Friday. I'd have paid for expedited shipping if it were available. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it'll ship in time.
Exactly. Anyone that has gotten a shipping notice lately, what was your order date?

sherwinmdev

First Name
sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicles
2022 MYP, 2023 MXP, 2023 R1T DMP
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I just ordered the combo bundle so I can use it with superchargers and my home charger. I'll be taking delivery of my R1T in a few days. We recently took a trip to the Grand Canyon with our Model X Plaid. Luckily, I brought my CCS adapter. Only Electrify America was in the area. Flagstaff was the closest Tesla charger and would have to drive 60 miles round trip from where we were staying in Williams, AZ.

I rarely charge outside of Tesla but when I did, the price difference was jaw dropping. I know Rivian will send out the adapters for free eventually. I still bought and I'm sure I'll get my money's worth just by having it sooner than later and charging at Tesla superchargers. Can't wait for my truck and adapter to arrive.
Sponsored