Sponsored

Any updates on receiving the Tesla charging adapter?

TigerWuxia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Quad
It is gonna take Rivian a while to send adapters to everyone, esp. R1S owners.
On the other hand, if you want to order a A2Z adapter, be prepared for at least 1 month of waiting. I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and still haven't got mine, despite a UPS label was created several days ago.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It is gonna take Rivian a while to send adapters to everyone, esp. R1S owners.
On the other hand, if you want to order a A2Z adapter, be prepared for at least 1 month of waiting. I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and still haven't got mine, despite a UPS label was created several days ago.
It will come, mine was about 12 days after I got the label created message. Seems like mine got stuck in customs entering New Youk.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

A2Z is the best bet if you need one soon. The cost is a rounding error for how much was spent on the car. If you don't trust a third party adapter, you'll have to wait.

kbradley926

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
would someone mind sending the exact link /image/product info for the a2z adapter. I would like to ensure I'm getting the proper one.

NitroNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Crosstrek
Occupation
EE

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

would someone mind sending the exact link /image/product info for the a2z adapter. I would like to ensure I'm getting the proper one.

You can opt in to receive a free OEM Tesla adapter from Rivian which will be shipped out from oldest vin to newest vin.

You can always order an A2Z Tesla Supercharger adapter if you need one ASAP with the forum discount code “RIV”.

A2Z EV Tesla Supercharger Adapter for Rivian - Save 10% + FREE shipping with discount code "RIV". 12 Months Warranty

kbradley926

First Name
Kimberly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Thank you both! What is the difference between one and the other? Do I need both? I ordered the bundle, just in case. I know there isn't a lot of effectiveness for with adapter for Tesla supercharger, therefore, I wasn't sure. Definitely need the right one for my wall connector at my house. Excited for my RIS!

MidnightRivian

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Thank you both! What is the difference between one and the other? Do I need both? I ordered the bundle, just in case. I know there isn't a lot of effectiveness for with adapter for Tesla supercharger, therefore, I wasn't sure. Definitely need the right one for my wall connector at my house. Excited for my RIS!

You have level 3 DC adapters for Tesla Superchargers for fast charging like 150 kW+ and that is called the Typhoon adapter. You need the extra Pins at the bottom to get fast charging.

Then you have the level 2 AC Tesla destination charger adapter (commonly found at hotels / shopping centers / parking lots) which is called Stellar adapter.

I have both in my frunk + portable Rivian OEM charger so I am covered in most situations along with the RV park adapter just in case.

Left is DC Level 3 Typhoon and right is AC Level 2 Stellar

Rivian R1T R1S Any updates on receiving the Tesla charging adapter? 1715158935972-wx-jpg-

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
This would be a violation of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act if they voided a warranty for this.
No it wouldn’t. Don’t just make nonsense public statements when you don’t know what you’re talking about

Sponsored

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1S
I ordered this. .... Is that the same to yours giving me the options for super charger and home wall connector?
Screenshot 2024-05-25 at 3.33.16 PM.png
You ordered the bundle so have two adapters coming, bigger one for the DCFC Tesla SCs, smaller one for Tesla AC wall chargers.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

Thank you guys!!!!!
Right. If you have a Tesla wall unit at home that doesn't have the j1772 adapter built-in, you'll need that smaller a2z one to charge your rivian there and anywhere you find these small Tesla ac units. The typhoon will be for the big Tesla DC stations which will show on your nav as available to us. It's confusing.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
No it wouldn’t. Don’t just make nonsense public statements when you don’t know what you’re talking about
Rivian cannot void a warranty for using a third party adapter. They can void a warranty if they can demonstrate that the 3rd party adapter caused damage to the vehicle.

"the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act – the statute’s “anti-tying” prohibition – makes it illegal for a company to condition a warranty “on the consumer’s using, in connection with such product, any article or service...which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name.” In other words, companies can’t tell customers they will void a customer’s warranty or deny warranty coverage if the customer uses a part made by someone else"
– The US Federal Trade Commission.

LivingInKaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Green Forest Edge
Occupation
Own Fabrication Company
Clubs

Rivian cannot void a warranty for using a third party adapter. They can void a warranty if they can demonstrate that the 3rd party adapter caused damage to the vehicle.

"the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act – the statute’s “anti-tying” prohibition – makes it illegal for a company to condition a warranty “on the consumer’s using, in connection with such product, any article or service...which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name.” In other words, companies can’t tell customers they will void a customer’s warranty or deny warranty coverage if the customer uses a part made by someone else"
– The US Federal Trade Commission.
Partially incorrect. Even if they determine the third party adapter caused damage, they can only withhold warranty coverage on damage caused directly or indirectly by the adapter - not the entire warranty.
Sponsored