First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
This is going to be like getting the R1S. It only took two years. Where are they going to get 70,000 adapters in a month or so..

Eric9610

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Tesla MY, MB E350, MB S550
Clubs

Do enlighten us on how a pass-through link is going to be responsible for "frying a pack"...
da3jr7x-1e8aea8f-2675-4c24-a05c-c55066bc5901.jpg
Clearly Rivian has found issues with 3rd party non approved adaptors other wise they would not make the statement. I’ll trust the engineers that designed the car over some un tested / un-certified piece of equipment. Just don’t complain if your car becomes inoperable and you are on the hook for the repairs. That’s a risk each owner has to take with their own decision.

DRJ564

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Do enlighten us on how a pass-through link is going to be responsible for "frying a pack"...
da3jr7x-1e8aea8f-2675-4c24-a05c-c55066bc5901.jpg
I could only imagine but here goes Think undersized conductors or bad joints inside the adapter, then deforming plastic. You try to remove the adapter from the port and you can’t because now it’s locked in, same on the charger side. Now the conductors start arcing on each other, vehicle throws codes and can’t turn off the contactors. Smoke, fire, balls of hot molten plastic erupt. A blue flame with the heat of a thousand suns is so bright air planes are now wildly turning to avoid the grand spectacle. The earths surface turns to liquid hot magma creating a channel that relieves the pressure and a volcano erupts. This blackens our sky over the earth cutting off sunlight. We all die.

Edit: oh, and the pack is fried too 😂

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clearly Rivian has found issues with 3rd party non approved adaptors other wise they would not make the statement. I’ll trust the engineers that designed the car over some un tested / un-certified piece of equipment. Just don’t complain if your car becomes inoperable and you are on the hook for the repairs. That’s a risk each owner has to take with their own decision.
I hight doubt Rivian tested any 3rd party adapters so they didn't find any issues. That's why they are saying to only use theirs, because it's the only one the tested extensively.

srikalyan3

First Name
Chakri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT Director
I went to Rivian Service Center for a service appointment yesterday and asked this question. Service advisor mentioned that they may start shipping those adapters towards the end of April with the disclaimer that it's not official and that it's his speculation.

Birdowin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T / Tesla model S
Occupation
Retired from construction.
Just signed my email to take delivery of the adapter today. Got my truck July 22 so I hope I’m early on the list. But who knows?

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
I’ve used my A2Z adapter twice with perfect success today at two superchargers. Highly recommend.
I really could have used it just now on a road trip. Florida service center didn't have an available/operational charger. Plenty of Tesla spots open though. Ugh. Now I have to drive a couple more hours to hour what I know will be a viable charger. EA won't get business from me, so options her much more limited.
Sponsored