Sponsored

Are these commonly reported issues / problems still a thing?

rkalbiar

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T , Tesla Model 3
All else you've HAD? Damn...
Not HAD... HAVE... and that list is not all encompassing. Still have high hopes Rivian will eventually fix these... They need to acknowledge and understand first, then proliferate said fixes.
Sponsored

Eticket99

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC60 T8
I really want to know more about these non-metalic bushings. Mine makes a thumping type noise on bigger impacts, which to me sounds like bushings or loose bearings. If they have actually changed material on some bushings, that very well could be the real deal solution to my noises.
I didn't get to see them, but they had a specific part # for them, I say non metallic because not sure if they urethane or plastic etc but guy at SC said they were waiting on them to arrive as my truck took a day longer than promised, and that they were a new part of the fix vs just adding more grease.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I didn't get to see them, but they had a specific part # for them, I say non metallic because not sure if they urethane or plastic etc but guy at SC said they were waiting on them to arrive as my truck took a day longer than promised, and that they were a new part of the fix vs just adding more grease.
This makes alot of sense and am hopeful to see more discussion on this. Maybe a tech service bulletin or something eventually.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I’ve got about 500 miles on my 23 vin and am happy to report I don’t have any of those. I was worried that mine would be a mess being it was built at the end of December.

Sponsored

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Phone key: generally has worked, except for once. It unlocked the door, but then refused to let me drive. Had to call service and get walked through rebooting the car, deleting the app on my phone etc to get going again.
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Support was great though and we had it all back up and running within like 15 minutes (most of the time was troubleshooting why my phone wasn't showing up to re-sync, and the issue was that I hadn't fully closed out of the app on my phone so once I did that it worked like a charm)

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
OP
OP
RexRemus

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Not HAD... HAVE... and that list is not all encompassing. Still have high hopes Rivian will eventually fix these... They need to acknowledge and understand first, then proliferate said fixes.
Best of luck, that's a shame

ElCapiTan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mustang
Occupation
Computer Janitor
I have not seen any of the normal issues that OP mentioned. I've had my truck just over 2 weeks and about 1600 miles.

Only issue I have is an intermittent suspension error that I'm waiting for the SC to schedule. But it is not stopping me from driving, I just can't change suspension when the error pops up.

Sponsored

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
I have an R1T delivered in April that has pretty bad wind noise from both triangular windows. I would really love to know what the fix is so I can request it with specifics.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have an R1T delivered in April that has pretty bad wind noise from both triangular windows. I would really love to know what the fix is so I can request it with specifics.
Supposedly a redesigned part for the vertical trim near the main window quiets this down. I taped up the vertical piece with electrical tape and intolerable became tolerable. They are supposed to change mine out…fingers crossed.

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
Supposedly a redesigned part for the vertical trim near the main window quiets this down. I taped up the vertical piece with electrical tape and intolerable became tolerable. They are supposed to change mine out…fingers crossed.
If they do and it solves the wind noise, would you mind posting pics?

CascadianApe

First Name
Chet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Ops
  • Ticking/Tocking at low speed start/stop : Yes and mine feels like the subframe or battery is loose. I get actual bangs and knocks when I take corners and my steering geometry changes on a whim. Rivian has refused to look or fix the issue. It's been towed in and has gone to Bellevue SC 3 times for this and has a 4th visit for 3/6. They actually deleted this line from a WO in the fall and then ignored it when it was towed in for the issue stating they fixed it. It was not fixed and they actually "fixed" the wrong thing. Their most recent excuse was this is "normal". Again Bellevue SC told me this not SSOC or a RPA.

• Underbody screws missing/falling out and/or underbody panels falling off : I had a bolt come loose while on a trail 56 miles in and still had 40 miles to go. Nothing like a massive rattle for 6 hours.....

• Freakishly "easy" glass breaks : My brakes stick and squeal. Bellevue SC told me this is normal. Never had it like this on any other car.

• Uneven suspension (passenger side lower/higher) : Got fixed fairly early with an update, but some vehicles have "leaky" bags.

• Wind noise/window seal gaps? : Got my window trims replaced after they ignored it the first trip in. Had to go back in. My passenger side wing window trim was physically ripping off in the wind.

• What else? : Due bills still need to be done a year later. I've taken it in 3 times for them, but every time they blow it off and do not complete it. I've had issues with the screen actually completing a task. I keep getting told it's normal or there is a fix coming. Bellevue does not seem to want to fix the issues on my R1T.

-As of 2/22/2023 vehicle is un-drivable due to front end movement. Unsafe in any condition. I've been told I'm on the hook for the next tow and Bellevue SC told me this was fully fixed after my last visit. I've contacted Rivian, but they do not offer any solutions. Getting the feeling they don't want to fix my issue. I'm requesting repurchase!
Sponsored

Last edited: